Sign in to follow this  
andrestor

How come a lot of people have working M4/Mosin's?

Colonel , remember that the M4 is acting as a placeholder for many different weapons to come.

Colonel , remember that the M4 is acting as a placeholder for many different weapons to come.

To me it doesn't really matter if it's M4 or AK74 to be honest, they still fairly-rather common. Assault rifles needs to be more rare as hand guns are more than good enough for self defence.

• Like 1

That's why I'm saying that's hard to come by M4 mags not the actual guns.

Funny that you guys say it's hard to come by mosin ammo I have about 30 rounds right now.

I just started playing Day SA at release and never touched the mod so I don't even know of great places to loot but I used common sense and ran to a military camp and every time I go there I find at least 1 or 2 damaged M4's and between the two's parts I can put together a near pristine M4 with add-ons I find on my way. I don't know if you're joining full servers but I try to join low pop servers at all times and I can find an M4 or Mosin within my first 30 mins of play. Sometimes I will find 3 M4's in the same building so in my opinion it's TOO easy to find weapons and I think once they add in spawns without a sderver restart things will be much better and they will actually need to reduce spawns.

Run away from the coast where you spawn, EVERYONE spawns there so obviously loot will be scarce... 

Getting away from the coast line will help. Smaller towns yield less so find bigger town with  bigger buildings. As a fresh spawn I can gear up in less then a hour most times.

I've found plenty of all weapons. Mostly north of the coast though.

I feel like the spawn rate on the weapons is very high right now to flood them to players to gather mass testing data. 

Just a theory. 

Spawn in Cherno, walk to hospital, find 3 Mosins.

All luck of the draw I suppose.

To me it doesn't really matter if it's M4 or AK74 to be honest, they still fairly-rather common. Assault rifles needs to be more rare as hand guns are more than good enough for self defence.

Its only in alpha. If it was the other way around with no M4s and only pistols/mosin you would probably complain. Its not like when the full game is released theres only going to be M4s everywhere. Like someone else has said its replacing a lot of guns right now because they haven't been implemented yet. I dont understand why people are complaining on like the 4th day of release. Like the message says when you first start the game, its alpha and things will change.

Honestly if you are new to this game the most important thing to do is to start recognizing specific buildings in the cities.   The schools will always have a mix of guns ammo food water and misc items.  The hospitals will always have food water and medical supplies. The hangers will always have ammo and gun parts and clothing items.  The big green buildings, fire stations, barracks, air traffic towers will always have weapons weapon parts and other high value items. 

Edited by kottton

As the title says I have no idea how people have a functional M4/mosin

I have yet to see a M4 mag or an actual Mosin, most I've seen are pistols, specifically FNX-45's, not even 357's yet.

So where are this mags/guns coming from?

man all I can say is, how can you not find a m4? the mosin is a little more rare I feel like but even then I see them often enough..

but literaly I don;t think I ever went to a military base and not seen at least one m4 laying under/on a bed or the ground.. there fucking everywhere the mags and ammo to,,

I carry both an m4 and a mosin at all times.. (one on shoulder the other in hands) and have two ammo boxs full of ammo one for each along with 5 double mags for m4 (60 round mags)

I can understand maybe not being able to find the certain scope or attachment your after but the weapons are a dime a dozen literally (but then again I almost never go to the coast when I spawn I immediately head inland and never go back)

good luck

Pro tip for gun hunting:

They spawn in the top rooms of hospitals and schools quite often. Usually Mosins but the occasional M4.