lev

Third person view removal from SA discussion

Rocket miss great opportunity :|

for early release alpha version he should not putting in 3rd person view

he say he want to fix make less exploit example prone no 3rd etc?

he should put in AFTER IS FIX > :(

or never when all guys are use to play 1st person way ;)

now is situation rocket don't win

he do nothing to fix 3rd - guys wonder why anti-game survival experience reputation for be unforgive game having comedy view mode make joke on strategy play style? :huh:

he fix some exploit - guys who addict for this crutch will make rage on him like baby when you taking away toy > :(

he remove - even worse baby rage like same when you taking away toy and foods and milk from mother tits :o > :(

Imagine the amount of hate mail he would have receive during Christmas break, tbh it even scares me,

Imagine the amount of hate mail he would have receive during Christmas break, tbh it even scares me,

is ok

he going holiday for Christmas :thumbsup: ;)

best thing about baby rage is after noise baby is too much tired going quiet after sleep like baby like nothing happen :)

he would come back January a few guys no talk sulk like spoil child :|

everyone else accept BECAUSE IS EARLY RELEASE ALPHA TAKE OR LEAVE SIUATION :D

Edited by KoS

is ok

he going holiday for Christmas :thumbsup: ;)

best thing about baby rage is after noise baby is too much tired going quiet after sleep like baby like nothing happen :)

he would come back January a few guys no talk sulk like spoil child :|

everyone else accept BECAUSE IS EARLY RELEASE ALPHA TAKE OR LEAVE SIUATION :D

Yep....

But alas, I am still waiting for the dream server...

* 1st person only servers.

* Characters being locked to a single server. 

Imagine looting places where the servers hoppers have not touched yet, it would be glorious!

True but they would have adapted.

Game is in alpha and no feature is set in stone. Especially a "feature" that is so game breaking.

Speaking of take it or leave, maybe after 63 pages, you've come to terms with the inevitable.

Preface:  I use 3PP when I play, but I couldn't care less if they removed it.  I'm fine with playing strictly in 1PP also.

Having said that, everyone does realize that 3PP will never go away correct?  Server admins will be allowed to turn if off if they choose, but the devs will NOT take it out of the game all together.  In case you're not a follower of Brian Hicks on Twitter, when it was suggested to him to completely remove 3PP, his response was "That'll never happen. Its not up to us to force a definition of the DayZ experience on players to that level."

• Like 1

I need to follow that Hicks person.

What is wrong with having Veteran servers 1p only with regular servers 3p running on the same official DayZ hive?

And of course private hives have a choice if they want 1p or 3p.

This way we don't split the community with different hives and everyone is satisfied.

People are really still arguing about this when we have servers with no third-person now? What a bunch of babies.

• Like 1

It is disappointing seeing Hicks say it will never happen. Rocket always left some glimmer of hope when he responded to that question.

I agree with KOS, they've missed a great opportunity here.

I don't like hearing a developer say it's not up to them to force the definition of DayZ. He even said first person is the better experience.

His tweet that triggered the question about removing it..

"Just finished an amazing 3 hour round of DayZ on a 3PP:OFF server. In my opinion, players using 3PP rob themselves of part of the experience"

Edited by bad_mojo

What the hell are you talking about?

Words are hard.

It is disappointing seeing Hicks say it will never happen. Rocket always left some glimmer of hope when he responded to that question.

I agree with KOS, they've missed a great opportunity here.

I don't like hearing a developer say it's not up to them to force the definition of DayZ. He even said first person is the better experience.

His tweet that triggered the question about removing it..

"Just finished an amazing 3 hour round of DayZ on a 3PP:OFF server. In my opinion, players using 3PP rob themselves of part of the experience"

While it will probably never go away, that doesn't mean it will not be tweaked to solve/minimize the couple issues/abuses caused by 3rd person. They can (and I think they will) tweak the camera views depending on stances, speed of travel and whatnot.

Once/If the abusive side effects of 3rd person are somewhat dealt with, all that is left is 100% personal preferences.

omg I just read a 64 page thread...things NOT mentioned so far:

PvE balancing with regards to viewpoint - imo zombie AI should be harder in 3PP:On servers because they can be spotted safely from around a corner - just like other players in PvP. Obviously the AI is laughable atm in both modes, but it's something to be considered when the game is in a later state... although I guess 3PP players do just want an EZmode, so maybe they want everything easier.

PvE balancing with regards to lootspawning - have already had an occurence where a pen was on top of a wardrobe and invisible to me in FPV - sure it was a pen this time, but if that had been anything else with a similarly small model I would not have been aware of it - canopeners/knife/screwdriver/suppressor/etc. This can be solved by having a tiptoe stance, but would add to the time taken to loot, which will affect survival balance.

Another point I've disagreed with (in ways not mentioned thus far, not gonna respout the same arguments):

TPV is necessary because IRL you can hear things nearby taht aren't obvious in FPV... solved with good sound design, see the Thief series of games - also interestingly although they didn't have TPV in the first two, they had it in the last (inferior) version, but it was *mostly* quashed for the upcoming release because of discussion on the forums http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=88579 - now only TPV with a fixed perspective whilst performing certain takedown actions.

Personally I'd like TPV to be available on hardcore mode as well BUT with line of sight implemented so that hidden players can only see what they'd actually be able to see based upon their models headposition. I'd extend this completely to vehicle mechanics, sure you can fly your heli in TPV, but you can't see those players directly under you, only the ones visible through your windscreen. This should also be extended to loot - if your player can scan a whole room from the doorway, it lowers the time taken to scavenge, which affects the core components of survival and gear acquisition.

EDIT: Just gonna add the one thing I *do* like from TPV. The game is pretty and sometimes that extra 6 foot of height you magically have gives you a fantastic view - a fantastic view that because of the contours of the ground you'd only ever otherwise see by standing on top of a hill in open ground...which isn't a great survival tactic.

Edited by phlOgistOn

People are really still arguing about this when we have servers with no third-person now? What a bunch of babies.

You may have my beans.

This is an old discussion and there are servers for everyone, so stop complaining and let us move onto a different topic.

• Like 2

This is an old discussion and there are servers for everyone

Servers for everyone =/= balance for everyone. Hence why I made the last post. The game needs to be balanced PvEwise from an FPV perspective rather than a TPV perspective  - otherwise it will require balancing separately for each. Zed reaction times and numbers, loot distribution, timeframe/rates of usages of food and water...etc.... FPV is slower than TPV because for each corner you have to stop, peek and then continue instead of just panning the camera round ahead of you. If I run out of water because I'm progressing slowly because I'm playing FPV, I want it to be because of my skill level, not because it was balanced for EZmode players.

So although it is an old discussion, there's still new points to be discussed - which is why I posted

• Like 1

Were bad at arguing? you just said the camera in a game is the same as slavery buddy, thats the most retarded argument made in this entire thread.

No, I didn't. I said the way of argueing is the same. "It was always there..." is just not a valid argument. If it's bad it should be gone. Simple as that.

Hmm, could it be be that you just tried to associate with slavery what we associate with freedom?

I can't follow your thinking. Not that I'm surprised...

Already had the impression that you just don't want to hear what folks is trying to say. 3rd person is wanted and needed and all persistance in the oposite wont change that.

I'm hearing what you guys are saying. I just think it's astoundingly stupid and ignorant.

I know 3PP won't be removed. Stated that many many times. I just wonder why you guys still feel so threatened.

I like the quote, but if you have a problem with Ken Bean, use the report button.

Unfortunately it's his right to be stupid and ignorant. Otherwise I'd be spamming that button. I just take the right to point it out.

Edited by Max Planck
Ceppy said stop...

Let's just remove it all together! How can they aim for authenticity and have this bullshit in game? REMOVE THIRD PERSON

I do enjoy first person servers but I also enjoy third person servers. I dislike the community being separated on the issue. The idea that third person could be present without giving an advantage or "crutch" as you call it would be the best solution in my opinion. The 2017 third person solution is perfect. I think that development team made a wrong decision if they continue to have separate hives for first and third person. It continues to the problem and splits the community further. People who enjoy third person are stigmatized as being "poor little things" apparently. I do not like this as a veteran player who uses third person to enjoy the world more and not to hunt people.

I've stated earlier I'd go with that non rendering of out of line of sight objects anyday over what there's now. I don't think it's perfect though and explained why.

Nobody would have a problem with 3PP if DayZ wouldn't have an integral PvP combat element which is affected greatly.

I can't follow your thinking. Not that I'm surprised...I'm hearing what you guys are saying. I just think it's astoundingly stupid and ignorant.I know 3PP won't be removed. Stated that many many times. I just wonder why you guys still feel so threatened.

I laugh at this sorry, you call others ignorant when they explained their views with flexibility while you and other are hell bent to change something you call bad when it isn't. Sorry bro the stupid and ignorant are not them. Hitler had the same train of though when it came to his arguments.

First case is retarded, obviously the guy in front of the door can use 3rd person to scan the room before he comes in, without being seen as well. And the second one is a bad example as well, since rational people obviously don't take walks on the streets of big cities, and assume that there are snipers lurking on the balconies, terraces and in general high point sniper nests. It's a VERY low chance, that the guy could stand up, do a decent aim and actually shoot the person standing at the store, in that limited time window that he has.

Anything else?

The point is the time window the 3PP camper has is not limited. He can take as much time as he wants beeing invisible, pre aim, stand up, shoot, be invisible again in practically no time. With 3PP off he would have to expose himself to spot someone. What is so hard to understand about that?

Anybody with some common sense would check rooftops and possible sniper spots before going out into the open. With 3PP enabled it's pointless though. That is ridiculous. To adapt you have to change your playstyle to something far far from plausible which might even be a major obstacle for new players.

It's a major theme for rocket to make DayZ a game where real world skills and knowledge are supposed to help you. 3PP destroys a significant part of that by sheer existence.

This is like the major argument we are trying to make since forever...and you guys simply ignore that. Why? Because you like it. That's basically it.

I have now. It raises a few valid points, but what's critical in this case is the huge difference between the kind of a game Arma is, and the kind of game DayZ is SUPPOSED to be. It is NOT supposed to be a combat simulation. Obviously DayZ has tons of servers with the main focus on PVP, but on the other hand, it has tons of servers with purely role playing focus. Overall I don't think it's fair to shove 1st person mode down peoples throats, since not all of them are playing, or intending to play this game as a shooter, and ESPECIALLY since there is an option to disable it entirely.

Tons of servers with pure role playing focus? Where are they?

Does the official hive have even the slightest role playing focus?

There's two mods especially made for role playing. Why don't you guys go there if that's what you want?

DayZ ain't just for roleplaying. It has a major combat aspect you can't talk out of it. As long as that's there your RP argument ain't a valid one.

I laugh at this sorry, you call others ignorant when they explained their views with flexibility while you and other are hell bent to change something you call bad when it isn't. Sorry bro the stupid and ignorant are not them. Hitler had the same train of though when it came to his arguments.

Godwin's law.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%E2%80%99s_law