lev

Third person view removal from SA discussion

Im firmly in the Thris person off , for the love of god turn it off. Camp.

And you def should NOT listen to the people that complain about it. The video linked on page one sums it up perfectly .

The game is better without third person. 

NO never. that would be dumb move. 3rd person must stay.

or if they still do remove it, at least FIX the surround sound when in 1st person, because all i hear is my own footsteps coming from all around me, it would be so easy to sneak up on people then.

• Like 1

Rocket confirmed a few months ago he would fix third person. Hopefully this won't be one of this broken promises. Third Person View just breaks common sense.

Also having a small FOV gave a few people headaches. I was one of them. This FOV slider helped me out a lot. I don't really have any problem now with getting rid of Third Person view. 

Yea by default the head bob should be turned off and the fov slider cranked up a notch so new players just starting have good situational awareness and do not get sick .

Then they can easily remove third person view.

Before we remove third person completely, how about you guys prove you're enough to fill up five-ten servers first?

• Like 2

I like playing in third person because it's more visually appealing to me. Therefore everyone should be forced to play in third person

Are you saying because you like something, everyone else should be forced to do the same?

edit: need sarcasm button on forum please kthnx. :)

Edited by Gator Biggs
  • Like 1

Before we remove third person completely, how about you guys prove you're enough to fill up five-ten servers first?

Removing third person would automatically fill the servers up.

People wont have a choice but to join.

It's just one of those design decisions that they need to make for our own good even if some dont like it.

Sorta like removing the 50 cals.

• Like 3

3rd person is easy mode :D

simple way for make guys stop use is say this official >:(

mke new srver setting title example

lvl #1 NOOB WALLHACK AIM ASSIST MODE SERVER -  3rd person, crosshair

lvl #2 NOOB WALLHACK IMPROVE SERVER - 3rd person no crosshair

lvl #3 BADASS AIM ASSIST SERVER - 1st person, crosshair

lvl #4 SUPER BADASS MOFO SERVER - 1st person, no crosshair

then is like badge of honour play 1st person B)

and is feel of shame on guys who play like baby using wall hack cheat system :blush:

• Like 5

I think it should be a server option. i personally refuse to move in first person, because the movement seems glitchy and hard to control. Love the Third person, it just looks amazing.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I follow you. Are you arguing that third person view is a bug or that our ghostly infected is a feature?

I'm not really asserting either, Dallas. All I was saying is that "It has been there in the past, therefore it ought to be there in the future." Isn't a valid argument.

As I said upthread, a consensus on this is impossible so choosing it in server settings is the way to go. I agree that going into 3rd does break the fatigue but I still feel that it's far to exploitable to be considered a trade off for it's benefits, especially with the new features in standalone.

Don't really think they can remove a viewpoint that's already been implemented. Even this early on in alpha.. I think too many people already depend on it and the whining on the forums would be unbearable. Hell, i'd probably enjoy reading KOS threads.

Dude i cant think of anything right now, DAYZ SA is here and im having a blast even with all the bugs, glitches and bad stuff.

But servers with 1st person view is a good ideia thou.

Your an idiot.....

All it would do is make a whole lot of people stop playing.....  And a whole lot of potential buyers put their wallets back in their pockets..... 

Control it on at the server level... Separate Hives ( if your that bloody sooky about it )  and be done with it....

So bloody tired of these same old pointless around-in-circles conversations....  same thing with KoS, same thing with the .50's, the vehicles and loot tables....  

Stop trying to FORCE your style of play onto everyone else.....   

• Like 5

Don't really think they can remove a viewpoint that's already been implemented. Even this early on in alpha.. I think too many people already depend on it and the whining on the forums would be unbearable. Hell, i'd probably enjoy reading KOS threads.

Sure they dont have to remove it they can change it and make it a purely cosmetic thing lock it as a camera from the front facing your character.

skyrim.jpg?w=545&h=435

Doing this everyones happy right ?

You keep your third person and can see your character.

And we dont have you guys looking around corners, over objects with absolute safety.

All it would do is make a whole lot of people stop playing.....  And a whole lot of potential buyers put their wallets back in their pockets.....

I promise you they would buy it anyway. And those who love tpv will keep on playing after a week or so or constant whining.

Edited by gibonez

I'm still after all these months yet to hear a convincing argument for why 3rd person is better than 1st person.

We have proven why 1st person is better.

'I want to see my character' is not a valid argument (you can see him in the inv screen)

'The fov is wrong' (there is now a fov slider)(even though you could change it before)

/edit - have to get this one in - 'Everybody can use it' (Bull.Shit! If im in the middle of the runway in 3p, I cannot see the guy behind the wall, yet he can see me! In 1st, we can't see each other.)

If they removed 3rd person are people really going to stop playing? I don't think so.

You play 3rd person because it's easy and you don't know better.

Once you play 1st person you never go back. Try it.

Edited by thehet
  • Like 11

I promise you they would buy it anyway. And those who love tpv will keep on playing after a week or so or constant whining.

If Rocket & co  thought the same as you, they never would have put third person in in the first place.... 

But thats ok, you keep telling yourself that your right, and that everyone who ever uses third person is the spawn of satan and/or just "doesn't know any better"  thehet.

To be honest, I'm surprised these "discussions" are even allowed.... given that every single one results in insults / flame wars and everybody's god complexes coming out to play  :rolleyes:

I'm still after all these months yet to hear a convincing argument for why 3rd person is better than 1st person.

We have proven why 1st person is better.

'I want to see my character' is not a valid argument (you can see him in the inv screen)

'The fov is wrong' (there is now a fov slider)(even though you could change it before)

/edit - have to get this one in - 'Everybody can use it' (Bull.Shit! If im in the middle of the runway in 3p, I cannot see the guy behind the wall, yet he can see me! In 1st, we can't see each other.)

If they removed 3rd person are people really going to stop playing? I don't think so.

You play 3rd person because it's easy and you don't know better.

Once you play 1st person you never go back. Try it.

I cant use the 1st person for more than 5 min because of this stupid "realistic" shaking while moving. My head starts to hurt after more than 5-10min in it. It would make the game unplayable for me and I know a lot of my friend have the same problem. . 

• Like 1

I use third person when I'm walking long distances or not in combat for the sole purpose of seeing my own body my own movements my own backpack etc. I don't know, it's just that, I prefer seeing all I do in third person. When I hear gunshots I immediately switch to first person. Also, third person killed me more than you'd think. Someone was shooting at me and while I wanted to switch to first person I got killed off. 

• Like 2

If Rocket & co  thought the same as you, they never would have put third person in in the first place.... 

But thats ok, you keep telling yourself that your right, and that everyone who ever uses third person is the spawn of satan and/or just "doesn't know any better"  thehet.

To be honest, I'm surprised these "discussions" are even allowed.... given that every single one results in insults / flame wars and everybody's god complexes coming out to play  :rolleyes:

They didnt third person view was just part of arma 2.

Had they known how much of a problem it causes and how it essentially allows cheating they would have never allowed it in.

They didnt third person view was just part of arma 2.

Had they known how much of a problem it causes and how it essentially allows cheating they would have never allowed it in.

We talking bout Standalone here, or the Mod?? 

I cant use the 1st person for more than 5 min because of this stupid "realistic" shaking while moving. My head starts to hurt after more than 5-10min in it. It would make the game unplayable for me and I know a lot of my friend have the same problem. . 

You can turn that off in the options its called head bob.

..... NEXT ?

• Like 3