Sign in to follow this  
ItsJoker

"dude calm down it's just an Alpha"

"dude calm down it's just an Alpha"

Can we please stop saying this.

People get so insulted when people are simply making observations on how things can be improved.

THE WHOLE POINT of an alpha, is so that people can test the game, and report issues.

Even if the issues have already been addressed, it still helps to discuss the topic and possible solutions.

YES WE KNOW THIS ISN'T THE FINISHED PRODUCT BY FAR

YES WE KNOW THE GAME WILL BE VASTLY IMPROVED OVER TIME

But it's still very important that we don't just ignore issues thinking "oh it's just the alpha, it'll get fixed"

EVERY issue is important, and needs to be known.

Thank you.

-Joker

Any time anyone mentions anything that's possibly not working, even if they do it in a completely normal and civil way, half of the answers in the thread are sarcastic "ALPHA LOL GET USED TO IT" bullshit. It's genuinely annoying.

Edited by ItsJoker
  • Like 1

The problem is a lot of people seem to think that because the game does not conform to their exact specification of what it should be - then it's broken.

Also, there's a difference between reporting bugs and issues and plain old ranting. One helps the developers and the other does not. No prizes for guessing which is which.

• Like 2

You've just got to be discerning about what you report. If it's something that's clearly down to lack of optimisation like silly zombie behaviour or bad framerates then suck it up, it's alpha. But suggestions, bug reports that the dev may have missed and criticisms about development should be welcomed. I think that people dismiss a lot of valid ideas on the forum with claims that the SA being in alpha makes it immune to criticism.

• Like 1

Joker... I am wondering who in particular you are referring to :/

EVERY issue is important, and needs to be known.

-Joker

I must agree however, not in a way so we have 50 threads for the same issue! That is simple stupidity and shows people aren't willing to read before they post.

"They rather post before they read"

Hence unnecessary congestion and pissed off moderators.

So on behalf of myself please do not judge people on this forum, and think we don't take you seriously...

It's more about tone and how the OP gets his/her point across. If the purpose of the thread is to report bugs, rather than whine about them, it's fine. If someone posts demanding that something be changed because it's "breaking the game", well they DO need to calm down. Report the bug or make your suggestion, but don't start demanding things in a tone that would suggest this is a final game and you want a refund. 

• Like 1

Also, there's a difference between reporting bugs and issues and plain old ranting. One helps the developers and the other does not. No prizes for guessing which is which.

How does ranting not help the developers?

Are you saying that a player's opinion doesn't matter?

I think people expressing their frustrations is just as important as bug reports,

People complain hoping that other people can relate and feel the same way about it's priority in the "to be fixed" list.

And I swear I see more complaining about the complaining than the initial complaints.

Hypocrisy.

Well i know we can upvote existing bugs we want the devs to look at but i guess the forum team can get an idea from the repetitive threads whats really bothering the community.

How does ranting not help the developers?

Are you saying that a player's opinion doesn't matter?

I think people expressing their frustrations is just as important as bug reports,

People complain hoping that other people can relate and feel the same way about it's priority in the "to be fixed" list.

And I swear I see more complaining about the complaining than the initial complaints.

Hypocrisy.

Ranting is essentially the same as the other two but presented in a much less constructive format.

The point of an Alpha is to test a game and report bugs, not bitch and cry like a little spoiled prat because it isn't up to par with a release game.  Complaining about something during an Alpha is pointless when it is constructive criticism that is needed.

You would do well to understand this before making more posts telling people what to do.

I think a big problem is that people are reacting to the game like it's a finished product. If things are clearly placeholders and we've been specifically told they are, we don't need huge walls of text telling us how bad they are for the game and how they should be fixed.

Example, how many people have ranted on and on about zombies walking through walls? It's alpha, before i even purchased the game I knew that would happen. I also know that if you go inside the hospital they don't walk through walls because that is one of the only buildings they've been configured for. It's a giant waste of everyones time to talk and talk about a placeholder being a placeholder, because it's alpha.

Edited by bad_mojo

I personally think that developers are long time gone somewhere on Bahamas spending money from alpha sales on booze and prostitutes, that's what I would have done.

Joker did you play the Mod? If you have you would have an idea of what kind of backend stuff they can add to help moderate certain things happening, Yes i know a portion of these players may have never even heard of DayZ before it popped up on Steam but there is that glorious really helpful search function where they can type in key words and get at least 10+ threads already posted about something they would have posted and hopefully read the responses to shown threads.

Unfortunately this isn't done on a regular basis and we are seeing a case of serious inception going on (Not The Fun Police guy the film!)

• Like 1

The problem is a lot of people seem to think that because the game does not conform to their exact specification of what it should be - then it's broken.

Couldn't have hit the nail more accurate on the head.

Joker did you play the Mod? If you have you would have an idea of what kind of backend stuff they can add to help moderate certain things happening, Yes i know a portion of these players may have never even heard of DayZ before it popped up on Steam but there is that glorious really helpful search function where they can type in key words and get at least 10+ threads already posted about something they would have posted and hopefully read the responses to shown threads.

Unfortunately this isn't done on a regular basis and we are seeing a case of serious inception going on (Not The Fun Police guy the film!)

Yes I have logged hundreds of hours on the mod, all I'm saying, is the more passionate this community is and less willing to accept mediocre game mechanics we are,

it will result in a better game. Why should we allow a game we love to go to shit? I'm sure once the game starts to develop more, the complaints will die down slowly, but right now, everybody wants their biggest complaints addressed, who can blame them?

Also, there's a difference between reporting bugs and issues and plain old ranting.

RIght, but the mantra is the general response to both; that's the problem. Any time anyone mentions anything that's possibly not working, even if they do it in a completely normal and civil way, half of the answers in the thread are sarcastic "ALPHA LOL GET USED TO IT" bullshit. It's genuinely annoying.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 1

RIght, but the mantra is the general response to both; that's the problem. Any time anyone mentions anything that's possibly not working, even if they do it in a completely normal and civil way, half of the answers in the thread are sarcastic "ALPHA LOL GET USED TO IT" bullshit. It's genuinely annoying.

And here I thought nobody understood what I was trying to say.

The problem is that this is not the place to report bugs. Complaining about them here at this stage just creates Negative press for the game. 

Just report the bugs and play. 
The reason people are annoyed is that the alpha is not out even a week and people are asking if there helicopter will fly like TOH or ARMA. 

We need to take baby steps and let the majority of features that the devs have developed implemented before we discuss major game play mechanics. 

I think everyone is in favor of alpha discussions but lets keep them relevant rather than getting to far ahead of our self's. It is very possible we are wasting our time talking about an Issue that already has a fix. I guarantee they have fixes for a large amount of the bugs but are gathering data and running test builds on internal servers. 

Edited by WastelandSamurai