maer

When are the cars coming?

As far as i know Rocket hasn't said anything about them.

So we should not expect vehicles around early 2014?

I can't wait for the vechicles. I hope they add some rare vechicles aswell, like 1 tank per map, if they added RPGs to the game it can be possible.

i hope your fucking joking!

God im so sick of new players who come to the DayZ community and start coming up with ways to 'better' a game they have almost 0 experience with.

edit

DayZ is almost like ARMA3, Its possible

NO! DayZ is like DayZ. 

Edited by Spikér
  • Like 7

There is no telling what they have been doing in closed testing. He has not mentioned it but that does not mean they are not working on them. Just give them time, no official response at the moment.

tanks...

Just because it looks a bit like Arma 3 it doesnt mean we need to add tanks to it...what the hell is wrong with those noobs today D:

• Like 2

I'm totally excited for the vehicles I hope that most from the mod are returning!

And tanks... not a very good idea

If tanks were added to this game, douchebags would use them and kill newspawns with them. So seriously, fucking no

Hey guys wouldnt it be cool if there was some actual damage in the car? Like, if you crash, you get scratches and dents like in car games and GTA. Like this :Vehicle_damage_(GTA4).jpg

What im saying is that there should be more damage from crashing, and better physics so cars may roll over in bad accidents.

Hey guys wouldnt it be cool if there was some actual damage in the car? Like, if you crash, you get scratches and dents like in car games and GTA. Like this :Vehicle_damage_(GTA4).jpg

GTA >>>way

DayZ<<<<way

I can't wait for the vechicles. I hope they add some rare vechicles aswell, like 1 tank per map, if they added RPGs to the game it can be possible.

Yeah and while we are at it, lets throw a squad of F-16s at the NWAF airbase.

Lets also add a fully armed battleship iowa class off the coast of Elektro.

:P

Edited by Sobieski12
  • Like 1

This is based off of the ArmA engine (though modified) so don't expect some GTA physics or anything like that. GTA is all about the cars. Here they are secondary.

I just want most cars to be what we see on the roads already. Busted Betty vans, rusty GAZs, a few buses, Skodas and the generic crappy soviet cars that keep on chuggin'. GAZs and Urals being the military-esque type of vehicles that should imo, handle better offroad. No need for a T-90 or T-34.

Personally I'd like to see a return of the AN-2 since it's not something you can just hide and take off in again without serious foresight. Maybe another plane, but that's me, nothing combative.

As for helis, I'd be fine if they didn't exist here, but if they do, nothing crazy powerful and severe maintenance to keep them aloft. No need for M240s or PKMs here, you're already in the air flying faster than anything else can travel.

• Like 1

I hope the cars are almost exclusively civilian with the exception that you can mod them. Add armor to the bus maybe a turret on top with or without a gun. Without a gun you can use it as a peep hole to fire out of, also with the increased weight of the armor have the vehicle wear faster. It could be so awesome.

Cracked server files shows a Tank, UAZ,Ural,Ural with Turret and some other civilian vehicles in the client right now.

Cracked server files shows a Tank, UAZ,Ural,Ural with Turret and some other civilian vehicles in the client right now.

That would be due to the fact that DayZ is running on a modified Arma 2 engine, it's no surprise that they haven't taken out the base models and vehicles as of yet. The difference is, they can't be used, and more then likely will not be used as the Arma 2 vehicles are far to unreliable and unuseable in the DayZ world Rocket stated he wanted. Vehicles should be found with missing doors, panels and such as far as I remember and those base vehicles are not programmed for that kind of fixability and customization. 

GTA >>>way

DayZ<<<<way

How is vehicle damage inappropriate for DayZ? You know the only thing more annoying than "new players" who come up with bad ideas from other games? Veterans who think any idea that didn't come from rocket is a bad one.

Vehicle degradation was already in DayZ mod. Why would having it visible be a bad thing?

Think for a second before you respond with asinine shit like this.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 1

vehicle damage is already in the mod. Any time spent on the mod around vehicles would show you that all the parts can be damaged and visibly changed to reflect this. However, this is DayZ not GTA.

Also, as for veterans who think anything that is not from rocket is a bad idea? Sorry, but im calling BS on that one. Change is not only a good thing, but it is also a necessary one otherwise the game will stagnate. I myself suggested an idea for players to create their own guile suits in addition to finding them. The difference is, my idea is not leading away from what the core of DayZ is. Asking for TANKS, the ability to add turrets to cars, complaining about the PvP/KoS on site around hot spots on the map, the ability to have multiple characters and the plethora of other crap is moving away from the core of DayZ.

Like i said, change is a good thing, but is only a good thing if the thing being changed is still recognizable after the changes.