lowerplains

goodbye side chat...i shall miss thee...

I miss sidechat o so much.

It gave the bored something to do during their long, hopeless journey to teh NWAF

It gave the newbs a chance to learn

It gave laughter too thousands

And it was great seeing "Whoever fucking shot me your fucking dead you fuckface"

You are all casuals that need to go back to playing hello kitty. with sidechat then people might group together, and hardcore players are bandits that kill before they get to. are you harcore or not

The problem was people talking in voice chat, really, not the chat itself. At first, I was happy to see it go. Now I see new players plainly lost and needing help in blue chat and I feel bad for them, as no one can help their learning curve.

Get rid of voice chat in everything except direct and I think it would be fine. Text can be ignored, voices in your head cannot.

Side chat gave birth the the saying..

"Friendlies in Cherno?"

Without it, the game has lost some of it's appeal, it's also a valuable tool for helping new players who tend to have many questions. Just disable the voice ability in side chat, Voila.

None of you seem to get this games premise. I hope that when the zombie does happen we all sprout magical telekinesis do that everyone on earth can magically communicate while dodging the undead but I just don't think its in the cards.

Side chat gave birth the the saying..

"Friendlies in Cherno?"

Without it' date=' the game has lost some of it's appeal, it's also a valuable tool for helping new players who tend to have many questions. Just disable the voice ability in side chat, Voila.

[/quote']

Just join the server TS channel and enjoy your social aspect. All that rocket has done is remove the built in telepathic chat link.

I'd like to see sidechat back as well.

There's a lot of boring monotony in this game (punctated by moments of sheer terror, granted).

The chat makes it interesting.

+1 for sidechat coming back..

I mean, wtf. Completely makes his shirt that he wore to E3 just look dumb now. Because now you cant even ask that in the game, well you can but 40m sure doesn't go far, or even if you use voice, 80m is still super short.

If you don't like the side chat, then don't use it. Don't take it away from the ones who actually read and use it. We play multiplayer games online because they are MULTIPLAYER. Running around not being able to talk to anyone else detracts from the sense of actually playing with other people. (not talking about playing with your friends) Might as well just port this to single player then too.

Having the global chat removed is totally freaking awesome! Use the talk direct channel when you're near one.

I love side chat. I'm really fucking bored running, I need to talk to someone, I need to help the new guys who joined. Direct Communication text range should be boosted from 20m to 100m. Mic is at 80m, text should go further since it takes longer to do.

Maybe they should add a new item like a radio that lets you talk on the side chat.

Rocket has said hes working on a global chat "you have to find" so it's probably radios.

Maybe they should add a new item like a radio that lets you talk on the side chat.

Rocket has said hes working on a global chat "you have to find" so it's probably radios.

that doesn't really mean anything. he can put the drop rate as low as NVGs and it would be as barren our current direct chat.

I miss side chat. Unlike other games, it wasn't full of inane drivel but instead comedy gold. I also feel more attached to the world when I can hear what's happening to other people. It makes the game more fun.

I must be the odd one - I more often got annoyed with chat. I now have found it useful to direct chat prior to entering a town, saying "I'm friendly. Anyone here... Then, as I wait for a response, if no one says anything, I say 'last chance or I'm shooting on site". I then feel justified when pulling the trigger. I typically ask multiple times!

Sometimes I just want to know who shot me, if they are willing to claim it. Gives me more purpose.

Best thing I've ever seen in side chat:

"What happens if you don't drink?"

l

"You become sober."

Best thing I've ever seen in side chat:

"What happens if you don't drink?"

l

"You become sober."

roflmfao

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Now that is a good idea :)

Unable to globally chat until you find a radio, Just like your unable to shoot someone until you find a gun.. brilliant.

Found a server with side chat last ngiht and the difference it made was amazing. For the first time in ages I grouped up with two other random guys and went looting. Ok, it ended up with one guy lying in agony with a broken leg and no morphine, but you can't have everything.

Please, bring back/keep sidechat - or replace it with this cool-sounding 'radio' idea. Also good.

I would like to see side chat enabled for players who have radios, and they should be made moderalely common in any public service building

That'd be golden. The side chat should be back