scroogescrooge

Standalond Hackers...[Teleported to ocean]

hey nexus yeah not sure man. i have screen shot of my history but i don't know how to post an image on this forum

Rightio. How did you manage to respawn, It looks like I'm stuck in the ocean until they wipe the characters again :/

Just to chime in here... I have had no reports as of yet of this happening on HIHB. Not that we could stop it at the moment if it did, but if I have any reports I will post up.

Just swam back mate. keep the sun to your back. you find land soon enough. my mate and i ended up on the the SE island of the mainland. good luck to you...

First of all, welcome to the forums :)

Don't swear in your first post, you leave the impression of an immature vuglar child.

Although i don't blame you for not seeing it, use the search button as there was a similar thread a day or two ago which explained a lot about the hacker problem and how is it planned to deal with them

Actually i think its immature of you to not have realized that there is nothing wrong with swear words by now. Fuck off

Edited by Max Planck
Swear words are okay, abusive behaviour is not.
  • Like 1

So it begins..... Lets hope Dean and the team get a lid on this asap.

yesterday, i was watching a streamer and it happens to her too. she was teleported to ocean and can't do nothing else than waiting to die from hunger (had take a long time). She tried to  change server several times, didn't worked, tried to log quit game and restart, didn't worked, tried to quit game/ quit steam, relog steam/game, didn't worked, and finally tried to delete profile folder in Documents, didn't too aswell.

some minutes before this, she was in a little house looking for some items, then she was teleported in the street and there was a guy just behind her.

i can give her info if some devs want to see the vod of the Stream, to watch out this

(sry englando)

Rightio. How did you manage to respawn, It looks like I'm stuck in the ocean until they wipe the characters again :/

I haven't repawned. If you have noticed. the sun (when it is day-time) is in the south. use that to your advantage.. head in the opposite direction. you may by chance come across a land formation on the horizon. good luck to you.

I don't understand how's possible that they decided to disable the "RESPAWN" button (when not unconsciout/dead) at this stage. I mean it's Alpha, there's tons of bad things happening (including script kiddies like this one) why the hell i should swim hoping to reach the land, or just sitting stuck glitched in a house until I die.. while i could easily use a respawn button?

This is really stupid decision.. please leave the "respawn" button always available... then disable it late in the development (when we'll be in beta a in year or so...) because now it doesn't make sense.

hmm go fuck yourself. sorry can't help swearing mate im aussie bogan as fuck. fuck yeah

FTFY ;)

Edited by AussieStig
  • Like 1

work what bubble? who'; my daddy?

if you had paid any attention to the dev blogs pre-release you would know.

Yeah this is a pretty simple script. They removed some script-functions in the last patch, namely god-mode and spawning items and also added an anti-teleport script. But most other script still work.

In my opinion it should be a top priority to port all scripts to C++ and hard-code them (like they already did with some. 

At least they are able to that now. Unlike in ARMA2/3.

This happened to me just before, luckily the hacker kept on teleporting people all over the place and the second I saw land I ALT F4d

I can confirm teleporting is back (seen on stream). This might not be a good time to play DayZ on a serious basis. 

yelling into a pillow and rage wanking. 

rage wanking. 

Is... is that a thing? o.o

Edited by BurritoBandit
  • Like 1

Happened to me the other day, thankfully my original spawn wasn't miles away from any towns and I had only just started playing. Must be a pain in the arse if you are all the way up north.

I met a hacker. He was just standing in midle of Balota Airfield , so I came to him and tried to handcuf him. It said , that the player is dead. Weird. So I wanted to hit him with axe to know , what will happen , but he instantly shotted me without any gun , I just heard a M4 sound , but he didnt had a gun (it was him , i heard m4 from about 2 metres , i would know that if it was some sniper) and I died.

Duh guys, all you have to do is switch servers and your character will be wiped because that's such a nice feature and apparently at the very tip top of the buglist.

Are you in the ocean on every server? If it was a non whitelisted server then how is it connected to the hive?

How are people even opening up their own servers and hives? Weren't the server files supposed to be private and to be given out to vetted server providers? And how the hell is the game even recognizing these scripting commands when all of it was supposed to be stripped out?

That in itself is the biggest hypocrisy of this entire thing.   They give the server files ONLY to people who CHARGE others to host a server.  Are you fucking kidding me?  So not only do we have to pay $30 to even try the fucking game and HELP TEST THE GAME, we, the playerbase are expected to shell out at a MINIMUM $50 a month, per server.  With no control over your own server!!!  So they really expect us to buy two copies of the game each month, just to test it.  Hilarious.

What a fucking joke, these guys have their heads so far up their asses it's not even funny.  They may not want people to be editing the files or what the fuck ever completely illogical reasoning they want to spout off, but this game is destined for disaster.  I'll stick it out for another week or so, but if they don't turn things around like Bioware never did with TOR, I'm getting my money back from Steam.  I don't give a shit if that means I can never purchase another game from Bohemia or on Steam ever again.  This is heading for a nuclear disaster.

Edited by McG2

That in itself is the biggest hypocrisy of this entire thing.   They give the server files ONLY to people who CHARGE others to host a server.  Are you fucking kidding me?  So not only do we have to pay $30 to even try the fucking game and HELP TEST THE GAME, we, the playerbase are expected to shell out at a MINIMUM $50 a month, per server.  With no control over your own server!!!  So they really expect us to buy two copies of the game each month, just to test it.  Hilarious.

What a fucking joke, these guys have their heads so far up their asses it's not even funny.  They may not want people to be editing the files or what the fuck ever completely illogical reasoning they want to spout off, but this game is destined for disaster.  I'll stick it out for another week or so, but if they don't turn things around like Bioware never did with TOR, I'm getting my money back from Steam.  I don't give a shit if that means I can never purchase another game from Bohemia or on Steam ever again.  This is heading for a nuclear disaster.

Mew mew mew...

just happened to me to.

got teleported to middle of ocean... 100% fully geared..

i Drank all my purpose cleaner to get sick and die faster..

Edited by 1mark
  • Like 1

You Mad Bro ?