Sign in to follow this  
BlackopsBambi

List of 24-hour cycle servers

Now that the cries of a hundred thousand sad souls has made the sun stand still on 99% of the servers available, can someone plz list servers that has the ACTUAL 24-hour cycle running? I don't care about time zones or when the sun is where, as long as it's rotating around the axis of the fckin planet and it keeps doing so for those of us who appreciate the game as it was intended to be played?

• Like 11

Preach it brother.

If you search "Musty Gaming" their/our server always has a decent population and has a 24 hour cycle.

I'll post a few other servers I frequent tomorrow as well.

Preach it brother.

If you search "Musty Gaming" their/our server always has a decent population and has a 24 hour cycle.

I'll post a few other servers I frequent tomorrow as well.

Thx man!

I typed 'Musty' in the filter/host option, but nothing is coming up. AmIdoinItwrong? Or do you have an IP that I can use to joing directly?

Thx man!

I typed 'Musty' in the filter/host option, but nothing is coming up. AmIdoinItwrong? Or do you have an IP that I can use to joing directly?

I don't have the IP on hand, it might just be bugging out, usually works.

I'll pop it in here tomorrow when I get on my PC.

Straight copy/paste from their thread

DayZ LA 3-318 (Public/Veteran) 113772 - Musty Gaming

Build-# will change automatically.

IP: 108.177.157.74:2402

​EU

DayZ NL 3-375 (Public/Veteran) 113772 - Musty Gaming

IP: 217.23.6.117:2602

​AU

DayZ AU 3-375 (Public/Veteran) 113772 - Musty Gaming

IP: 119.252.190.28:3102

Teamspeak: ts.mustygaming.com or 184.164.146.210

• Like 3

Question...what would be the point of a "24hr" cycle when and if the server "crashes"? They all do, and when they restart they will be back at the default starting time...which seems to be night for a lot of them. I have a server that has a starting time of 10am...every time it crashes or i reboot its 10 am again. I was pleased to to see this morning that my server was up and running and had been since i restarted it last night...the sun was setting in the west...which looks awesome fyi.. The prob i see with a non stop 24hr cycle is there will be no loot after a few hours after its been picked clean. What i did to keep people happy was set a timer to restart the server every 2 hours so there is always some loot around. of course once they have re-spawning zeds and loot this should be a non issue.

Let's keep the discussion about pro's and con's of 24hr cycles to the whine threads, shall we?

All I'm interested is server names and IP's. 98% of the servers seem to have gone the way of 24 hr daylight and I'm sure yours will be fine if you do the same. I'll at least have a month or two of proper challenging gameplay until the standalone turns into the same daylight/clear skies/2000+ vehicles DMR/McGhillie snipefest that the mod turned into...

• Like 1

Now that the cries of a hundred thousand sad souls has made the sun stand still on 99% of the servers available, can someone plz list servers that has the ACTUAL 24-hour cycle running? I don't care about time zones or when the sun is where, as long as it's rotating around the axis of the fckin planet and it keeps doing so for those of us who appreciate the game as it was intended to be played?

I didn't see a single one to be honest, they all seem to have somewhat accelerated time schedules, or else I was always getting on within 1 hour or so of daybreak.  Every region of server I went to wasn't the appropriate time for it's region, GB being just starting to be light when a US east server had been light for hours.  HK server being daytime when a US NY server is daytime, etc.  I haven't put in more than a few hours on one server for a session yet, but I don't get a 24 hour impression so far at least, if it is set up that way, several servers must be located in one area but have their game time location set to a different region.

Edited by McG2

Let's keep the discussion about pro's and con's of 24hr cycles to the whine threads, shall we?

All I'm interested is server names and IP's. 98% of the servers seem to have gone the way of 24 hr daylight and I'm sure yours will be fine if you do the same. I'll at least have a month or two of proper challenging gameplay until the standalone turns into the same daylight/clear skies/2000+ vehicles DMR/McGhillie snipefest that the mod turned into...

To be honest, who wants to loot on a populated server by using their flashlight at night?  Right now if I'm actually playing the game to loot or interact with people, I'd rather it be daytime so I can see and not give away my position just to see whats 2 feet in front of me.  Moving around the map?  I'll take darkness every time.

Almost nobody can play DayZ for an entire day straight, thanks.

12 hours would be the best.

That way people who work during the day can experience daytime...

...and people who work at night can experience night...

/

24 hour cycles are a bad idea and ruin Day Z for everyone.

Only unemployed people who play games 24/7 would ever support such a silly idea.

Edited by doser

Almost nobody can play DayZ for an entire day straight, thanks.

12 hours would be the best.

That way people who work during the day can experience daytime...

...and people who work at night can experience night...

/

24 hour cycles are a bad idea and ruin Day Z for everyone.

Only unemployed people who play games 24/7 would ever support such a silly idea.

No... The best would be to not let admins disable the cycle at all, and then adjust the cycle to fit locally +/- a few hours at admins' discretion, letting everyone play on equal terms. E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E...

That way, you'd see day/evening in your own respective prime time, AND you'd encourage people to play in their own respective time zones, which would get rid of the growing segment of risk averse t*rds who deliberately play on high ping servers to give them an extra seconds' time to pull the plug if someone in their immediate vicinity as much as sneezes.

As for the whole thing with unemployment/lifers/no-lifers, please explain to me why ANYONE's itinerary should affect game development. The game has night time in it, because people are MEANT to deal with it. If you can't or if you just want insta action, go play something that will offer you that. If you don't have time to play the game, the way its intended, don't play it. You don't see me picking up chess and whinging at my opponent winning by default, when I suddenly get up and leave to go have dinner or drag my ass to school, do you?

It may be harsh - but that's what (was) great about Day Z. Circumstances out of your control that has to be dealt with - be it harsh weather, darkness, light, disease, fatigue, bandits or zombies. Instead, we're gonna get (yet another) hellhole of everyone running custom servers with CLEARSKIES/CLEARDAYZ/OMGDAYLIGHT/SPAWN-WITH-DMR-UNL-AMMO/+Selfbloodbag/GODMODE/2K+ VEHICLES settings. To be honest, I'm surprised noone has thought of removing the zombies entirely from their servers either - but then again, it's hard to be badass just playing playing Farmville...

Edited by BlackopsBambi

amen for this :)

I love servers that have a cycle but as some one stated you never make it though the full cycle because of server restarts which we need to get the loot back. I would love to see servers like DayZ mod Origins a straight up 4hr day/night cycle would be epic also you have not lived until you have seen the sunset over electro north hill best sight in a game ever. 

Thank God a thread for 24 hour cycle servers, and thank God for other people who share my sentiments about server owner configuration. I quit playing the mod because of this bullshit as well where EVERY. SINGLE. SERVER was "24/7 daylight/third person/crosshairs/custom loadout/name tags/max loot/max vehicles" etc etc.

I hope Musty Gaming or whatever ends up being a full hardcore server when Rocket enables it; I cried myself to sleep after US Hardcore # servers on the mod disappeared because no one could take a challenge.

I noticed that my server now seems to no longer be able to freeze time but rather starts time from a certain hour, and then lets time pass for four hours until the next reboot. So whereas before 3AM would get you 24hrs of darkness, it now goes from 3AM until 7AM, before resetting back to 3AM. I noticed this today for the first time (which doesn't mean it was changed today or at all).

Question...what would be the point of a "24hr" cycle when and if the server "crashes"? They all do, and when they restart they will be back at the default starting time...which seems to be night for a lot of them. I have a server that has a starting time of 10am...every time it crashes or i reboot its 10 am again. I was pleased to to see this morning that my server was up and running and had been since i restarted it last night...the sun was setting in the west...which looks awesome fyi.. The prob i see with a non stop 24hr cycle is there will be no loot after a few hours after its been picked clean. What i did to keep people happy was set a timer to restart the server every 2 hours so there is always some loot around. of course once they have re-spawning zeds and loot this should be a non issue.

he's not talking about a 24hr reset, he's talking about the server going through the morning, noon, dawn, night cycle before it resets.