CarolKarine

"Search the forums first"

So I know there are a lot of questions floating around right now, quite a few of which I would like a developer answer to as well. Regardless of this, when someone posts a duplicate topic, often people just bitch about how you're supposed to search the forums for a problem like yours before cluttering the page. While I agree this is a good idea, in practice the forum search software is broken. I often visit linustechtips's forum, and it is based on the exact same forum software. The search issue is a problem there as well. In the news section we often have duplicate topics because the forum doesn't display all the results in the search. So please, understand that it is often very difficult to find out if your topic is not a duplicate if it is not immediately obvious.

TL;DR: I know that the forum's search function is broken because I use this forum software on another website, so stop being so condescending to those who don't realize they have posted a duplicate topic.

It searches for phrases, not for titles.

We bitch at people for this because 99% don't even make an effort.

Thanks for another pointless topic to add to the pile.

Goodbye.

• Like 2

the like I gave you is sarcasm, I hope you realized.

Oh no, I never could have figured that out. Thank you SOOOOOO much.

You telling me that your can of beans is 'sarcasm' completely defeats the purpose of it being 'sarcastic'. Plus, sarcasm isn't the word you're looking for, try again bud.

Use the advanced the search and search for titles only.

to all new DayZ players: visit the dayz mod wiki before you post suggestions, ideas, improvements, bug reports etc.....       

Don't mind "Officer" Raymond he just wishes he was a mod around these parts.

Some people are going to not bother with the search function. It's just part of foruming. It takes too much time to figure out how all the keywords are supposed to be find what you want, when in half the time you can make a topic and get an actual answer.

No need to lose your cool over it. Mods dealt with what needs to be dealt with.

Edited by Ozelot
  • Like 1

Don't mind "Officer" he just wishes he was a mod around these parts.

Some people are going to not bother with the search function. It's just part of foruming. It takes too much time to figure out how all the keywords are supposed to be find what you want, when in half the time you can make a topic and get an actual answer.

No need to lose your cool over it.

I don't think I lost my cool over it, I wanted this to be more of a PSA than anything else. Officer just came across as an ass (like most of the forum does) when I was trying to be helpful.

Colekern's suggestion is correct. However, should that for some reason fail, you can actually scroll through the sections looking for the topic you desire; use CTRL + F if necessary.

Oh no, I never could have figured that out. Thank you SOOOOOO much.

You telling me that your can of beans is 'sarcasm' completely defeats the purpose of it being 'sarcastic'. Plus, sarcasm isn't the word you're looking for, try again bud.

Jesus Christ dude, no need to get all hot and bothered over a single thread (or maybe many it seems). Just somebody posting thoughts on to the internet.

Don't mind "Officer" Raymond he just wishes he was a mod around these parts.

Lol, guess again. I respect what the mods do here, but I'd never wanna be one in a million years, and it'd take them a million and one years for the administration to accept me as one. And what's with the smartass quotes? rofl

Jesus Christ dude, no need to get all hot and bothered over a single thread (or maybe many it seems). Just somebody posting thoughts on to the internet.

No 'hot and bothered' here. I still don't get why people think that I get upset over these things. I really don't, lol. ;)

Edited by OfficerRaymond

Lol, guess again. I respect what the mods do here, but I'd never wanna be one in a million years, and it'd take them a million and one years for the administration to accept me as one.

Fine then. You don't want to be a mod because you're too lazy to do the actual work involved, so you just enjoy backseat moderating in your spare time.

• Like 1

No 'hot and bothered' here. I still don't get why people think that I get upset over these things. I really don't, lol. ;)

No, judging by your first post in this thread that is a real mystery. How someone can fail to perceive that as a tolerant, sympathetic and inclusive guy I can not fathom.

Edited by CREDiBLE

I can come to agree that the search function could use some improvements such as looking for the titles of the topics. I honestly don't use it for that reason.

I'm sorry those people have been bothering you about the constant usage of "use the search function" but I suppose rules are rules, no way to go around them.

Fine then. You don't want to be a mod because you're too lazy to do the actual work involved, so you just enjoy backseat moderating in your spare time.

So you have to go making it personal? Lol. It has nothing to do with the work involved "bitchalot", it has to do with the lack of patience with morons like you. If I was a mod your name would most likely be in black right now, and your post count less than 100. lol @ being too lazy to click your mouse on a few buttons and type things. If that's what you consider work, you're worse off than I thought.

Yeah, I report posts. That's what the function is there for?

No, judging by your first post in this thread that is a real mystery. How someone can fail to perceive that as a tolerant, sympathetic and inclusive guy I can not fathom.

That's your opinion. You nor anyone else here knows my demeanor in real life. Come to whatever conclusion you wish. I could care less because I know how I am.