-Gews-

Muzzle flash!

I think the muzzle flash is fine.

I think DayZ muzzle flash should look more like your time lapse photo.  Tracers for everyone too.  And where is my 40mm bofors cannons already?!? G Wiz

• Like 1

Which is easier as a WIP? Over-exaggerated or realistic? I have seen this before with video games that are indevelopment. They all reduce it at some point, that's the time to speak up. I wouldn't worry too much at this point.

• Like 1

I just got an AK pistol. The muzzle flash is a two foot orb of Fire every third or fourth shot. I don't think the flash is excessive in the game.

Just did night fire with the M4 carbine and some day fire. The muzzle flash in game is heavily exaggerated. Firearms equipped with a flash hider like the M4A1,AK-101/AK-74 and AUG will produce a smaller flash than firearms without one like the mosin nagant. I can post some photos later.

Flash is indeed a bit crazy in this game , I would say it's one thing novices to guns like myself , like to point out as "realistic" but taking in consideration of caliber and how overall big the gun in question is and that it's usually day time when these photos are taken for dayz , it does seem "Hollywood" like ... But that being said I highly doubt the developers who are such realism buffs , would let this slip all the way to full release , I'm sure it's something recieving a fix soon If not in beta .

The flashes are too long in the third pic, but seem fine in the second pick with the chick firing.