Orestes

Wearing mosin and m4

Hi, I hav e1 question that i couldnt find answer, AM I able to wear mosin and m4 having possiblity to hide em on my back like a axe and mosin eg ?

You can only carry one mellee-weapon and one firearm at a time. :)

You can only carry one mellee-weapon and one firearm at a time. :)

You can't carry 2 guns with NO melee weapon?

U can have 1 melee on ur bag and one rifle on ur bag and one rifle in ur hands. but u have to put down ur rifle everytime u need to do something like drink or eat.

You can't carry 2 guns with NO melee weapon?

Not carry, like Virdru mentioned you can have another one in your hands, though. It's barely worth the effort, though.

I think that's stupid... People should be allowed to carry what they want, and a mosin doesn't look heavier than, say, a shovel or a hatchet.

(I know it's for "balance". Still stupid imho)

• Like 1

Well you can carry a sidearm, main rifle and a melee.

Well, a sidearm goes in a pocket

a mosin doesn't look heavier than a shovel

You don't use firearms often, do you?

You don't use firearms often, do you?

Not anymore :(

Okay, so maybe a mosin is heavier as a shovel. Still.

EDIT : A mosin weighs 3.4 to 4.1kg. Maybe you don't use shovels often? :P

Edited by Weparo
  • Like 1

A mosin weighs 3.4 to 4.1kg

What in the hell kind of 8 pound shovels are you using?

Not anymore :(

Okay, so maybe a mosin is heavier as a shovel. Still.

EDIT : A mosin weighs 3.4 to 4.1kg. Maybe you don't use shovels often? :P

Yea, rifles, assualt rifles, even lmgs (about 6kg.. distinguishing between lmg vrs gpmg's... gpmgs are a hand full on their own), arnt that heavy. There is no physical reason someone couldn't carry two. Even if they made it you could only strap a spare weapon to the side o higher tier packs, and it takes a lil longer to swap em out.

• Like 1

The big kind that you find in DayZ maybe? xD

• Like 1

Manly shovels!! :D :D

No, seriously, old heavy duty shovels weigh a ton! And if it's on your back the extra weight doesn't matter, but when you hold a shovel it feels heavier because of it's lenght. sooo....

But that wasn't my point. I just thought that its stupid to restrict the player.

• Like 1

Manly shovels!! :D :D

No, seriously, old heavy duty shovels weigh a ton! And if it's on your back the extra weight doesn't matter, but when you hold a shovel it feels heavier because of it's lenght. sooo....

But that wasn't my point. I just thought that its stupid to restrict the player.

Buy a new shovel.

A good post spade weighs as much ;)  about five and half feet long and steel handle, thick blade... weparo might be a fencer . Either way, rifles dont weigh piss all in the larger scheme o things

• Like 1

The head (or whatever you'd call it) on that shovel is rather small and flimsy looking, and that tends to be the heaviest part. I'd say the kind featured in DayZ would be at least 3kg, honestly.

Edited by Mos1ey

Buy a new shovel.

Really? So let me ask you a question : why are there mosins in game, but not Cheytac Interventions? Because they chernarussians would have certainly bought the Interventions! Duuuh!

Yeah, well that's a "modern" shovel. Go weigh the one on my grandpa's farm.... That thing 's got like a 5mm thick blade!

Edited by Weparo

The head (or whatever you'd call it) on that shovel is rather small and flimsy looking, and that tends to be the heaviest part. I'd say the kind featured in DayZ would be at least 3kg, honestly.

I wanted to prove your point, my friend. :)

• Like 1

Really? So let me ask you a question : why are there mosins in game, but not Cheytac Interventions? Because they chernarussians would have certainly bought the Interventions! Duuuh!

...how did we go from the weight of shovels to GIAT sniper rifles?

I wanted to prove your point, my friend. :)

Friend? :wub: lol, :P

I was aware, but I just wanted to say that 2 kg is the lower limit, not the upper one :D :D

...how did we go from the weight of shovels to GIAT sniper rifles?

Because the chernarussians ain't got money for new fancy, ultralight, ergonomic equipment! They use what they have! Mosins and pre-WW1-10-pound shovels ;)

Because the chernarussians ain't got money for new fancy, ultralight, ergonomic equipment! They use what they have! Mosins and pre-WW1-10-pound shovels ;)

What's the matter with Chernarussians? I am from Germany and wouldn't bother buying a new shovel, as my 20 year old is still in perfect condition.

• Like 1

What's the matter with Chernarussians? I am from Germany and wouldn't bother buying a new shovel, as my 20 year old is still in perfect condition.

East germany eh? :D just kidding bro :P But yeah, few people would bother and if you're poor and live in the east... 20 y/o is as good a new! :P