Sign in to follow this  
lukcelt

Dayz Standalone

To start playing DayZ Standalone , Do I need to get the arma 2 & arma 2 operation arrow head Or do I need to buy DayZ standalone from steam?

Because I've already got Arma2 & arma 2 operation arrow head, I earlier played Dayz.

To start playing DayZ Standalone , Do I need to get the arma 2 & arma 2 operation arrow head Or do I need to buy DayZ standalone from steam?

Because I've already got Arma2 & arma 2 operation arrow head, I earlier played Dayz.

Dayz Standalone is it's own separate game, you've been playing Dayz Mod if you need to have arma to play it, It's on steam for $30.

Edited by Color

DayZ is now Standalone. Which means it stands alone. It is not a mod, but a completely different and sepparate game. You need to buy it on Steam. I'd suggest you hold off from buying it for now. Mabe in a few months time.

And why should I buy it a couple of month later? It's already working, peope are playing it, whats wrong?

And why should I buy it a couple of month later? It's already working, peope are playing it, whats wrong?

Nothing's particularly wrong. It's currently in alpha stage so it's relatively unstable, but that certainly doesn't mean you won't have a blast playing it. However, if you do plan on buying it keep in mind that it is not a finished game. You will experience bugs and such, so don't expect the game to be perfectly polished. Also, Rocket has confirmed that the price will rise in the future (he didn't specify by how much it will rise or how long from now), so if you played the DayZ mod and know you're into it, buying it now would be a pretty safe investment.

Edited by Panic!
  • Like 1

The other part of buying it now, on top of the lower price you'll get buying it early, is the chance to roam the map and see all the cool additions they put in. I've had random smiles crossing a hill I've crossed a hundred times and seeing the top of a new building that was never their before. Those were my favorite memories from the mod: discovering new things. Now its like Christmas every day. Except if you go to the extreme North. They haven't put in all the buildings they intended to so there not much up there atm except a few barns and a water pump here and there. I think in two hours of crossing that area I found one wrench, one shirt and a hatchet.