rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

Whats the problem lads? Most of us can play the current version right? So there is something zombish we can waste our time on, before next version is released.

he said "Monday or Saturday" but not what year' date='amiright? :trollface:

[/quote']

:faggot:

[i have been warned for this post - Ubi]

"I'm not going to play until the update. Waaaaaaah! Everyone is leaving this mod!"

Good! Take your ball, leave, and complain somewhere else. Does this game play unfairly? - YES! Does the glitches and bugs persist? - YES! Will I keep coming back for more? - YES!

Man up, take the good with the bad on the Alpha version of a free mod, and stop acting like your entitled to round the clock customer support.

Great Job, DayZ Staff!

I'm seriously amazed that this thread hasn't been locked by now. lol

I can just picture the devs sitting around, having a beer and laughing at all the retarded comments. (I'm not referring to everyone, just the people that are still bitching and complaining)

The update is going to be released.. With about 5 minutes of research, you can find out what is going on and get a pretty good idea of when things will return to normal. (hint: Google "dayz rezzed") ;)

Finally, it's been said plenty of times already: This is a free mod made by a few people in their *spare time* if you don't like waiting for updates some times (they are normally pretty frequent), go play a commercially released game.. not sure why any of us are bothering to post this at all though, mature players are already mature, childish players are gonna stay childish. :P

I can just picture the devs sitting around' date=' having a beer and laughing at all the retarded comments. (I'm not referring to everyone, just the people that are still bitching and complaining)

The update is going to be released.. With about 5 minutes of research, you can find out what is going on and get a pretty good idea of when things will return to normal. (hint: Google "dayz rezzed") ;)

Finally, it's been said plenty of times already: This is a free mod made by a few people in their *spare time* if you don't like waiting for updates some times (they are normally pretty frequent), go play a commercially released game.. not sure why any of us are bothering to post this at all though, mature players are already mature, childish players are gonna stay childish. :P

[/quote']

I TOTALLY agree where you're coming from.

The problem is, when you make a public statement about a patch and set a deadline you are kind of making a rod for your own back.

Rocket's biggest mistake is giving out ETAs. He should simply post things he's working on and leave it at that, or even using the simple word "SOON" would have prevented a lot of the whining in the thread.

I TOTALLY agree where you're coming from.

The problem is' date=' when you make a public statement about a patch and set a deadline you are kind of making a rod for your own back.

Rocket's biggest mistake is giving out ETAs. He should simply post things he's working on and leave it at that, or even using the simple word "SOON" would have prevented a lot of the whining in the thread.

[/quote']

I can agree with that. But I'm betting in the future, he will be a lot more careful about when he says he is going to release..

If we're not careful, he'll end up adopting Valve time and the next thing we know our only info will be "When it's done".

There's a reason Valve does that.. they've had their fair share of drama over release dates in the past. IMO every dev should go by that, despite how annoying it is for players. :P

I've made maps for various games and mods over the years, and even I have dealt with my fair (unfair) share of people who want it "NAO!"

It's a good thing though.. it shows that people are passionate about your project, unfortunately it also shows the maturity level of those involved. :P

I can just picture the devs sitting around' date=' having a beer and laughing at all the retarded comments. (I'm not referring to everyone, just the people that are still bitching and complaining)

[/quote']

yes, clearly rocket has moved to BIS headquarters, and is now promoting the game at Rezzed, because this is something he's doing in his spare time

[/quote']

yes, clearly rocket has moved to BIS headquarters, and is now promoting the game at Rezzed, because this is something he's doing in his spare time

Actually BI have allowed him to use company resources, from what I've read.. but he's still not getting paid to work on DayZ. He is under contract to work on Arma 3, DayZ is still his own personal side project, and yes, he is still doing work on it in his spare time. BI still has to finish and release Arma 3.. and ultimately, that is what his contract is for.

You should avoid using sarcasm unless you specifically know what you're talking about, otherwise you just come off looking like an ass. ;)

[/quote']

Actually no. He's been put on this project full-time AT his job. They made him do this instead of doing other work related stuff. So yeah...

Agreed. Fucking impatient generation of dumbs.

I really don't think "dumbs" can be classed as a valid noun.

Actually no. He's been put on this project full-time AT his job. They made him do this instead of doing other work related stuff. So yeah...

Got a source to back that up? Or is it just stuff you read in other threads, posted by other users who have no clue what they are talking about?

The only info on this so far has been some second hand articles based on a supposed conversation between a fan and Rocket at E3.

[/quote']

Actually BI have allowed him to use company resources, from what I've read.. but he's still not getting paid to work on DayZ. He is under contract to work on Arma 3, DayZ is still his own personal side project, and yes, he is still doing work on it in his spare time. BI still has to finish and release Arma 3.. and ultimately, that is what his contract is for.

You should avoid using sarcasm unless you specifically know what you're talking about, otherwise you just come off looking like an ass. ;)

he's at Rezzed promoting Day Z. at some point you just have to call a spade a spade. saying he can use company resources to promote the mod, but he's not contracted to work on the mod, is just semantics IMO

he's at Rezzed promoting Day Z. at some point you just have to call a spade a spade. saying he can use company resources to promote the mod' date=' but he's not contracted to work on the mod, is just semantics IMO

[/quote']

That's a fair point.

The fact is, until we hear something from Dean himself, there is no way to prove or disprove this, but I do know that DayZ has already been ported to Arma3 and I'm guessing that means it will become either a stand alone game on the Arma3 engine, or a supported addon or gamemode. Either way, the bottom line remains, the update will be out when it's out. And most likely that will be shortly after Rezzed.

I'm cool with waiting.. I know from experience that the more internal testing that goes into an update, the less chance of game-breaking bugs making it into the release, and thus less need for hot-fixes and less moaning and complaining in the forums. ;)

he's at Rezzed promoting Day Z. at some point you just have to call a spade a spade. saying he can use company resources to promote the mod' date=' but he's not contracted to work on the mod, is just semantics IMO

[/quote']

That's a fair point.

The fact is, until we hear something from Dean himself, there is no way to prove or disprove this, but I do know that DayZ has already been ported to Arma3 and I'm guessing that means it will become either a stand alone game on the Arma3 engine, or a supported addon or gamemode. Either way, the bottom line remains, the update will be out when it's out. And most likely that will be shortly after Rezzed.

I'm cool with waiting.. I know from experience that the more internal testing that goes into an update, the less chance of game-breaking bugs making it into the release, and thus less need for hot-fixes and less moaning and complaining in the forums. ;)

Your argument is that you know what other people don't know and ask for evidence on the contrary, whilst providing none of your own.

You also seem to 'know' a lot, but again, never decide to cite where you read this, and if the place you read it is legitimate, or another hearsay website.

Either way, and completely back on topic. It's out when it's out, why ask for them to release it now, when you can have a more polished one without hotfix after hotfix days after, which you will also moan about?

Just let it come out when it does, and we can all be happy.

I don't mind if he's taking his time, promoting a game is also an important part of creating a game in the end. A larger player base makes for more fun :D

This kinda reminds me of Guild wars 2, i've been waiting for it since 2007, the year Arena net announced they started working on GW2. 5 Years later it is ready for release... but they did it for a purpose, to present the best game they could.

And they did.

And so will rocket, In time.

I mean compared to the full GW2 team, rocket is working and releasing patches at light speed, believe me we'll survive a week or two without new patches or updates.

I just hope Rocket shows the world what DayZ is all about.

I logged off with like 11k blood, logged on a few hours later and had 12k again and my water/food meter was full when it wasn't when I logged off. I'm not sure if it's a bug, or just a one off.

Your argument is that you know what other people don't know and ask for evidence on the contrary' date=' whilst providing none of your own.

You also seem to 'know' a lot, but again, never decide to cite where you read this, and if the place you read it is legitimate, or another hearsay website.

[/quote']

Ok, you jump into a conversation that has nothing to do with you, which has already been settled without flaming or bloodshed.. in a forum which has already gone off topic and then back on.

You add nothing to the conversation, except lame troll tactics, and then attempt to look like one of the mature ones by "going back on topic"

The reason I seem to "know a lot" is because I read.. there are posts from Dean in various threads in which he talks about the various things I've mentioned. You're right, I didn't provide a source, because the majority of the source is in this forum, which is easily searchable.

But here, let me save us some trouble.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=11791&pid=109390#pid109390 - The part where Rocket says he's under contract, not employed by BI.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/06/rumour-dayz-creator-instructed-to-work-on-mod-full-time-by-bohemia/ - There's the part where it's mentioned that he's gone to DayZ full-time. Notice the word "Rumour" at the top of the article.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/member.php?action=profile&uid=198 - Anything else Rocket has ever posted in this forum..

There we go.. now let's get back to complaining about the lack of an update.. :rolleyes:

Had that happen to me as well. In addition to low blood, I also had a broken leg. After logging back on blood was 12K and leg was healed.

I logged off with like 11k blood' date=' logged on a few hours later and had 12k again and my water/food meter was full when it wasn't when I logged off. I'm not sure if it's a bug, or just a one off.

[/quote']

I'd like to see:

[FIXED] Dead player bodies despawn way too fast (now despawn automatically after 60 minutes or longer depending on server loadout)

[FIXED] Dead body sound of flies remains even after the body disappears (now disappears with the body)

[FIXED] Zombies aggro instantly (now walk towards the player giving him a chance to escape. Aggro after couple of seconds)

[FIXED] Bicycles spawning way to rare.( Now spawn in every town regularly.)

i'd like to see

[fixed] perma death, player cannot enter same server for 15 minutes ? (kicked from server) after death, so to make sure player can not loot his own body.

[fixed] player idle in server lobby, after x minutes player auto kicked from server for being idle/afk

[fixed] out of bound parked vehicles and tents explode when player tries to save the position.

I'd like to see

[Fixed] Players bitching about the update not being released [Players no longer complain and whine about the release of an update or hold Rocket's post against him as a contract]