rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

If you would be so kind as to really focus on zombies attacking/glitching through walls in this update it would be greatly appreciated. I haven't played in the last week or so after the chaos of 1.7.1. I thought this issue was resolved then, but I just met my demise because of it in the house by the barn south of Novy Sobor with the water pump. I aggro'd a zombie and went into the house. 6 preceded to glitch through the walls into the house and kill me. Fighting off zombies is one thing, but when they move through impassable objects is another.

Yeah, leg breaking seems way too easy to get. I get from falls and a small chance in fight. But not this much. Also let us forage mushrooms, berries and do aggro animals like bears and wolves. That would be awesome.

Rocket, I hope you don't read over this, but i'm encountering a very strange bug, I respawn and i'm unconscious from the start, just out of the blue, Can't open my game menu nothing, and the unconscious count down takes forever. I don't mind dying but being unconscious from the very beginning is some what annoying...

Rocket' date=' I hope you don't read over this, but i'm encountering a very strange bug, I respawn and i'm unconscious from the start, just out of the blue, Can't open my game menu nothing, and the unconscious count down takes forever. I don't mind dying but being unconscious from the very beginning is some what annoying...

[/quote']

punishment for server hopping :sleepy:

Rocket' date=' I hope you don't read over this, but i'm encountering a very strange bug, I respawn and i'm unconscious from the start, just out of the blue, Can't open my game menu nothing, and the unconscious count down takes forever. I don't mind dying but being unconscious from the very beginning is some what annoying...

[/quote']

Does it happen every time?

This happened to me once. I am guessing here but, what I think is happening is that you may have disconnected when you had the white "unplugged connectors" icon displayed. I heard that the game punishes you by spawning you knocked out for several minutes if you do that.

Just a guess, though.

This patch can't come out any sooner. First last monday went by.. then saturday.. then monday again... killin my dreeeaammms

Surviving as a newb in easy steps.

Step 1. find out where you are. Notice that when you spawn, your location will appear for a brief moment in the bottom right of your screen.

Step 2. Find a Hatchet. If you agro and have no weapons, run through buildings, up big hills and into factories and construction sites. Construction sites are particularly useful because they have a lot of hatchets, stairwells and doors that will slow down your brain-dead assailants. They also generally don't have many zombies in them.

Step 3. Equip Hatchet by right clicking it in your inventory (default G) and clicking "remove from toolbelt. Don't forget to reload lol.

Step 4. Barring any broken legs, you should continue to your nearest hospital, looting safe buildings along the way. Don't worry about a primary weapon, your hatchet is far more valuable then a noisy boom stick.

Step 5. At the hospital, find a cardboard box that allows you to "resupply". Open it and take at least 2 blood bags and at least 3 morphine injectors. These are only found at hospitals, so the more you can grab, the better.

Step 6. Get the hell out town and start looting small secluded barns, tree stands and other areas. Find a decent primary and now you're back in business.

This process means avoiding other players, unless you can get the jump on them with your hatchet. 2 hits from the hatchet usually knocks them out.

Simple. No need to complain here on the patch update thread about your broken legs, bleeding and lack of weaponry. It took me about 5 quick lives to figure this system out and its no secret.

[/quote']

You sure you didn't just log out while you had the "Shock" status effect on you?

Because if you do, you will fall unconscious for 5 minutes the next time you enter a server.

--> http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Status_Effect#Shock

Surviving as a newb in easy steps.

Step 1. find out where you are. Notice that when you spawn' date=' your location will appear for a brief moment in the bottom right of your screen.

Step 2. Find a Hatchet. If you agro and have no weapons, run through buildings, up big hills and into factories and construction sites. Construction sites are particularly useful because they have a lot of hatchets, stairwells and doors that will slow down your brain-dead assailants. They also generally don't have many zombies in them.

Step 3. Equip Hatchet by right clicking it in your inventory (default G) and clicking "remove from toolbelt. Don't forget to reload lol.

Step 4. Barring any broken legs, you should continue to your nearest hospital, looting safe buildings along the way. Don't worry about a primary weapon, your hatchet is far more valuable then a noisy boom stick.

Step 5. At the hospital, find a cardboard box that allows you to "resupply". Open it and take at least 2 blood bags and at least 3 morphine injectors. These are only found at hospitals, so the more you can grab, the better.

Step 6. Get the hell out town and start looting small secluded barns, tree stands and other areas. Find a decent primary and now you're back in business.

This process means avoiding other players, unless you can get the jump on them with your hatchet. 2 hits from the hatchet usually knocks them out.

Simple. No need to complain here on the patch update thread about your broken legs, bleeding and lack of weaponry. It took me about 5 quick lives to figure this system out and its no secret.

[/quote']

run run run run run run run run run run run run pop sigh.

I got a better system which took a lot of running and dying to figure out:

1. Join bandit clan

2. Spawn

3. Run and locate ANY WEAPON asap

4. Run into a building and kill zombie train

5. Loot and kill as many people as possible looting a hatchet, matches and a knife

6. Move north and rejoin clan for decent weapons

7. Die, sigh, smile, repeat.

It's been two weeks since this was posted. Unless we are about to be surprised with a new list twice as long, BIS needs more people to support DayZ I'm afraid.

One man cannot support a user base this large.

[/quote']

This happened to me once. I am guessing here but, what I think is happening is that you may have disconnected when you had the white "unplugged connectors" icon displayed. I heard that the game punishes you by spawning you knocked out for several minutes if you do that.

Just a guess, though.

Oh ok, in that case it probably was because of server hopping, I kept getting the same over and over again, but each time I tried on a different server because stupid me thought it was some thing server related. Thanks!

I'm putting my money on Monday July 9th as the soonest possible date for the new patch. With Rocket being in the UK for Rezzed this weekend, I really doubt he would release in the middle of all that.

Hoping there are some surprises in there that will explain the silence...

Yeah your probably right SystemiK. Looking forward to the new update, can't wait to see what's in store for us! My only hope is that there aren't as many quick fixes as last time. My friend and I were trying to play the night that like 10 hotfixes came out, and every time we finally downloaded the latest patch, and got in game, a new one was released, and the server bugged out. Not to mention I got debug wildernessed, and even though I ran all the way back, I died on login as the result of another bug one day later.. =( lol

I'm putting my money on Monday July 9th as the soonest possible date for the new patch. With Rocket being in the UK for Rezzed this weekend' date=' I really doubt he would release in the middle of all that.

[/quote']

I agree, if he is showing 1.7.2 to the world on friday at rezzed he isnt going to mass release it until he gets back.

If he has new things and twists and turn for us, bring it on, Im getting a bit bored playing atm

I was shocked when he did the no starter weapon setup but now its like "meh", you can still get about with no aggro if your carefull.

It will be interesting to test the new AI for infected to see how much more grief we will get ...:P

[/quote']

Just a guess, though.

Those "unplugged connectors" is a symbol for when your in shock (they are nerve endings I think, not a disconnecting cable)... and in my opinion it is the perfect way to stop the DCer's. if you get a bullet whiz by you your character should automatically display this symbol. And if you log off then your character should be automatically killed and you should have to respawn. I think that the only way you should be allowed to DC is to be in the woods (not a city, to prevent server jumpers looking for loot in the same location on different servers) and it should take 15 second cooldown before you can leave.

TL;DR : if in shock disconnecting should automatically kill you, to properly disconnect: 15 second cooldown and must be in the woods

you can' date=' be careful, thats all.

[/quote']

"being careful" doesnt always work sadly. even when crouched zombies somehow still spot u from longer distances then they should.

ive litterally had zombies come out from nowhere and atk me while sneaking around towns. this is extremly annoying/frustrating to deal with, especially when the first zombie hit bleeds you out and u have to run for ages to try and bandage urself. if a zombie aggroes u with no gun and forces u to bleed ur pretty much dead and mind as well click the respawn button.

imo i dont find it "hard" to not have a gun at start, i find it cheap. i really suggest starting off with a makarove with at the very least 8 rounds in it.

having only 8 round means that u will need to be conservative, but u will have a chance to fight off atleast 8 zombies.

this suggestion is only temporary tho because of how superbly buggy zombies are right now. teleportation, hitting through walls, magically being hit from a random zombie even tho u have been crouched the entire time, and etc. so for now, while zombies are bugged like hell, start with a gun with a few rounds of ammo. once zombies are completly fixed, take away the gun.

cheapness=/=hard.

[/quote']

Just a guess, though.

Those "unplugged connectors" is a symbol for when your in shock (they are nerve endings I think, not a disconnecting cable)... and in my opinion it is the perfect way to stop the DCer's. if you get a bullet whiz by you your character should automatically display this symbol. And if you log off then your character should be automatically killed and you should have to respawn. I think that the only way you should be allowed to DC is to be in the woods (not a city, to prevent server jumpers looking for loot in the same location on different servers) and it should take 15 second cooldown before you can leave.

TL;DR : if in shock disconnecting should automatically kill you, to properly disconnect: 15 second cooldown and must be in the woods

thats a horrible idea. accidents like power outages or lost internet connections DO happen.

i wish we can have a pisotl at spawn i Cant get a gun if i dont have a gun :(

Dude Fuck the gun! Much more fun right now =P :blush:

It's easy as kindergarden to find a gun, just run in and out of every building until you find one and then, you don't even have to sneak, you can just shoot the zombies when you find one.

But of course it depends on what server you play on, since loot respawn works like never and if your server doesn't restart on a regular basis then you're gonna have a problem.

Only crouch will not help you ...

Press shift in order to walk, crouch in silent mode! Double press it to toggle this mode ...

then u suck. play Mw3? BF3?

then u suck. play Mw3? BF3?

Leave this forum...