rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

Bear traps are a good idea in theory, but it's just going to become ridiculous, like it has with the barbed wire.

Geee, I wonder if anyone will think to put a bear trap at the entrance to the barracks in the NW Airfield.

I can see it now, bear traps at doors to every building. Great...

Please tell them there is a counter? Right rocket?... right???

Action menu to select "disarm" or something along those lines to un-set the bear trap.

If not,

thanks for just adding another trolling item for the trollers. Lets add that on to tank traps and barb wire! (Tank traps, i dont even know why they are in DayZ to begin with)

THERE IS NO "OR" in there. There needs to be a way to dismantle them, or its just gonna be TROLLLLOL all over with these traps. Not even limited spawn would help it. (look at what you did with barb wire FFS)

for every new addition, there needs to be a counter. the counter should also be noted in the changelog next to the addition

I can see it now' date=' bear traps at doors to every building. Great...

Please tell them there is a counter? Right rocket?... right???

Action menu to select "disarm" or something along those lines to un-set the bear trap.

If not,

thanks for just adding another trolling item for the trollers. Lets add that on to tank traps and barb wire! (Tank traps, i dont even know why they are in DayZ to begin with)

THERE IS NO "OR" in there. There needs to be a way to dismantle them, or its just gonna be TROLLLLOL all over with these traps. Not even limited spawn would help it. (look at what you did with barb wire FFS)

[/quote']

nah people are just going to spam them like everything else. there will be no point to going to any airfield/ cherno/ elektro. the only places that arent beartrapped will be some barns and deerstands. im calling it now.

I'v seen a lot of tears around every patch. I have shed my share too. I'v grown to accept all the unstablity' date=' all the deaths that come from experimenting game balance. This mod keeps evolving and getting better and more stable. There is one thing that is getting totally out of control: exploiting and cheating.

8/10 pvp encounters end in enemy disconnecting and traveling to flank in other server. It seems like it is nearly impossible to win a firefight without serverjumping and disconnecting unless you get only 100% headshots with powerfull weapons. Almost every time I fire a weapon, see the blood burst, the player dissappears to bandage himself in another server and to travel to a better position. This has become more the rule than exeption especially in encounters near military loot places (Stary Sobor, Balota, Krasnovstad, NE Airfield).

[/quote']

It's been this way for some time, and is dramatically increased. I personally stay in the server when shot, you die, you die no big deal. But it is almost every time you get anything but a headshot the player disconnects.

There's also a BUG with player corpses, i'm not sure if its related to the disconnect exploit, but MANY times where i've killed someone, only to go over and the body be gone.

Some literally the second the body hits the floor. I get the flies sound, the bandit kill/murder but the body vanishes.

It needs to be addressed for certain. Just lastnight, the uber loot snipers were messing around with Elektro newbies. Up in the hill (2 of them) and 1 in the fire station 3rd floor. They must have killed 7 or 8 people before a myself and a friend were able to kill them by sheer luck. The guy from the fire station headed back with the spoils of war from the bodies / firestation towards the snipers on the hill. I unloaded a makarov mag into him as he was stuck walking up the steep hill. He immediately disconnects and the snipers stand up to move (my guess is their friend shat bricks over team-speak) as they stood to move, my friend already up the hill Killed (both showed as kills in chat) both of the snipers. One upon death they immediately disconnected from the server.

One of the bodies disappeared, the other didn't. The one that didn't had a M107, NVGoggles, Rangefinder (in the backpack), Coyote Backpack, the whole nine-yards. So i assume all 3 of them had similar gear. These are the type of people we need to combat with the logging off tricks / server hopping. As well as fighting bugs where when you do finally kill these guys, it's not certain you'll even get the spoils of war.

That is another feature I'v found too. Our group got 1 down from a disconnecting group with a suprise headshot. He had NVG, M107 ect. too. In another event I shot a guy who was coming from west of Kamenka with an ATV. He disconnected right away. My exploiting sensitive nose told me he must have a camp there. I went as west as possible where the texture of the ground changes. I found a camp with 10x GPS, 5x DMR, M24, M4A1 CCO SD ect. It makes me wonder how he got all those gear there.

this game is made to be exploited it seems. its set up perfectly to be able to. wtf.

Good portion of it is ARMA's fault, (the engine) as scripts and everything were pretty much made to be client side, and server only hosting a Mission file. That's sort of why its a very slow and painful process. Once Dean catches one way, another is formed. Its not like COD cheating or BF or any other game.

this game is made to be exploited it seems. its set up perfectly to be able to. wtf.

Good portion of it is ARMA's fault' date=' (the engine) as scripts and everything were pretty much made to be client side, and server only hosting a Mission file. That's sort of why its a very slow and painful process. Once Dean catches one way, another is formed. Its not like COD cheating or BF or any other game.

[/quote']

i understand the engine side, but i mean the wire/ beartraps/ tents and sniper rifles. its just made to piss people off lol. i still love it to death im just saying.

nah people are just going to spam them like everything else. there will be no point to going to any airfield/ cherno/ elektro. the only places that arent beartrapped will be some barns and deerstands. im calling it now.

Actually, I think most deerstands and barns are razorwired in solid by now. On some servers I feel like the entire map is covered in razorwire, three deep from border to border. Hopefully the bear traps will be easy to set off without dying (which is what happens if you break a leg without morphine atm).

I think my friend here refers to wire fence (razorwire really?)

Bears traps? WHYYY? Last night I was playing and half the entrances to buildings were covered with razor wire. Bear traps are the last thing this game needs. It will be exploited like crazy and spammed on every decent loot spawn. I give it another couple of weeks before you cant take two steps inside a city without seeing a maze of razor wire and bear traps. It will have a negative impact on the experience of this amazing game. I just don't see the point. Are bear traps really that common in the zombie apocalypse?

Actually' date=' I think most deerstands and barns are razorwired in solid by now. On some servers I feel like the entire map is covered in razorwire, three deep from border to border. Hopefully the bear traps will be easy to set off without dying (which is what happens if you break a leg without morphine atm).

[/quote']

It must depend on the server, because I haven't seen one set of barbed wire that wasn't at the NWAF.

Actually' date=' I think most deerstands and barns are razorwired in solid by now. On some servers I feel like the entire map is covered in razorwire, three deep from border to border. Hopefully the bear traps will be easy to set off without dying (which is what happens if you break a leg without morphine atm).

[/quote']

It must depend on the server, because I haven't seen one set of barbed wire that wasn't at the NWAF.

nah, there's a lot of barbed wire around. pretty much every fire-house. but I've never seen it around a deer stand

[/quote']

nah, there's a lot of barbed wire around. pretty much every fire-house. but I've never seen it around a deer stand

Again, this is based on personal experience and server. You may have seen tons of it, yet I haven't. So one can surmise that it depends on a varying set of circumstances.

[/quote']

Servers i play on in the last week or so every loot spot in every city and some of the smaller towns are wired off

The funny thing about the barbwire is that if you happen to respawn to it (which I did), as soon as you try to move you will die instantly.

Loved losing my silenced mp5 and M16a3 CCO for absolutely nothing.

I'v seen a lot of tears around every patch. I have shed my share too. I'v grown to accept all the unstablity' date=' all the deaths that come from experimenting game balance. This mod keeps evolving and getting better and more stable. There is one thing that is getting totally out of control: exploiting and cheating.

8/10 pvp encounters end in enemy disconnecting and traveling to flank in other server. It seems like it is nearly impossible to win a firefight without serverjumping and disconnecting unless you get only 100% headshots with powerfull weapons. Almost every time I fire a weapon, see the blood burst, the player dissappears to bandage himself in another server and to travel to a better position. This has become more the rule than exeption especially in encounters near military loot places (Stary Sobor, Balota, Krasnovstad, NE Airfield).

[/quote']

It's been this way for some time, and is dramatically increased. I personally stay in the server when shot, you die, you die no big deal. But it is almost every time you get anything but a headshot the player disconnects.

There's also a BUG with player corpses, i'm not sure if its related to the disconnect exploit, but MANY times where i've killed someone, only to go over and the body be gone.

Some literally the second the body hits the floor. I get the flies sound, the bandit kill/murder but the body vanishes.

It needs to be addressed for certain. Just lastnight, the uber loot snipers were messing around with Elektro newbies. Up in the hill (2 of them) and 1 in the fire station 3rd floor. They must have killed 7 or 8 people before a myself and a friend were able to kill them by sheer luck. The guy from the fire station headed back with the spoils of war from the bodies / firestation towards the snipers on the hill. I unloaded a makarov mag into him as he was stuck walking up the steep hill. He immediately disconnects and the snipers stand up to move (my guess is their friend shat bricks over team-speak) as they stood to move, my friend already up the hill Killed (both showed as kills in chat) both of the snipers. One upon death they immediately disconnected from the server.

One of the bodies disappeared, the other didn't. The one that didn't had a M107, NVGoggles, Rangefinder (in the backpack), Coyote Backpack, the whole nine-yards. So i assume all 3 of them had similar gear. These are the type of people we need to combat with the logging off tricks / server hopping. As well as fighting bugs where when you do finally kill these guys, it's not certain you'll even get the spoils of war.

That is another feature I'v found too. Our group got 1 down from a disconnecting group with a suprise headshot. He had NVG, M107 ect. too. In another event I shot a guy who was coming from west of Kamenka with an ATV. He disconnected right away. My exploiting sensitive nose told me he must have a camp there. I went as west as possible where the texture of the ground changes. I found a camp with 10x GPS, 5x DMR, M24, M4A1 CCO SD ect. It makes me wonder how he got all those gear there.

Just out of curiosity, what server were these snipers on?

The funny thing about the barbwire is that if you happen to respawn to it (which I did)' date=' as soon as you try to move you will die instantly.

Loved losing my silenced mp5 and M16a3 CCO for absolutely nothing.

[/quote']

It's called alpha. I died so many time because of bugs. The last time I died in a barn without anything... just: Argh -> "You are dead"

[/quote']

Just out of curiosity, what server were these snipers on?

US84 (TX8(or 9)) - cherry picking new starters venturing into Elektro. I don't feel it correct to publicly name them, but - hopefully they read this and feel somewhat a tinge of guilt for attempting to cheat the game. (not likely!)

Only 1 of the 3 managed to escape death (unsure if he bled out on another server, but no doubt if he did. He returned for his corpse.) but of the two that died, one instantly dissapeared robbing us of his hard earned loots / NVgoggles. so only 1 was lootable.

BEARTRAPS ? BBBEEEEARTRAPS ????

Great.

Every fucking door will be blocked with beartraps.

Or a tank blocker in the door, behind a barbwire. Oh let me think, that's already happend -.-

The barbwire is EVERYWHERE i think there are some fucking trolls just to troll the ppl.

BEARTRAPS ? BBBEEEEARTRAPS ????

Great.

Every fucking door will be blocked with beartraps.

Or a tank blocker in the door' date=' behind a barbwire. Oh let me think, that's already happend -.-

The barbwire is EVERYWHERE i think there are some fucking trolls just to troll the ppl.

[/quote']

The outragous number was because of a bug which will be fixed in 1.7.2. Maybe someone should reset the barbwire and tank traps. ^^

Can we please focus on fixing the vehicles in the game rather then add fuel to fire of trolls?

Needs attention rocket.

BEAR TRAPS? Seriously??

Why are we putting in more insidious tools for players to hurt each other rather than dealing with serious bugs and basic functionality first? Aren't there enough problems to be dealt with without adding new unknowns?

Why would we want to provide the players with the ability to hurt each without even having to be present on location?

Now we are going to see barbed wire mazes (I know it's being dealt with, but there was no need for it in the first place) along with "mine fields" of bear traps.

Let's focus our efforts where it counts, not on superfluous counter productive crap like bear-traps, tank-traps, barbed wire, or whatever else comes to mind.

How about the ability to wield an axe without having to put the primary weapon in the backpack, and possibly having that weapon eaten in the process, for example?