rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

Make it so that if I spawn on server 1 and hike north' date=' then hop to server 2 I spawn back on the coast. If I then head west before hopping back to server 1 I reappear wherever I last was on Server 1, and the same when I go back to server 2.

[/quote']

So I choose one server, go to a hospital roof and logoff there.

Then, if I get a broken leg on any other server, I just jump back to my "hospital" server and look for morphine.

Same applies to the barracks, or any other valuable building. Plus, it allows me to solo on a server, but still be at my camp in my home server.

Not exploitable at all.

Resetting the location across all servers if you log on to several servers too quickly is a better solution.

hahaha my thoughts exactly :D

Easiest way ....

Put a 1 - 2 min time so that your character stays put 1 - 2 mins AFTER you log out BY ANY MEANS.

This way you are pretty much force to go fine a safe place so log before you actually log out.

this would be really good. there is no problem to go into wood, lay below a tree and than log saftly out. as i do always.

you see here how often they diconnect and reconnect ingame. i really hate such behaviour. think i was 3-4 times in 20min video !

it would even be good to go up to 5 min or more that you can go again ingame.

like how the 1.7.2 will be. thx for your hard work rocket !

A 1-2 min timer seems excessive to me

Why because if I'm logging off for the night and find a safe place whats to stop a player that's only armed with an axe coming across my character and seeing that it's not reacting to them and hacking it to death and looting the body

I mean i don't want to do the right thing just to log on and find i have to start again all because my character was just a sitting duck for 1 - 2 mins after i logged off

just my two cents

Nyarhra

Well from my point of view... 15-30 seconds would be enough.... no one would risk to disconnect in front of someone... And there is smaller risk to be spotted and killet in this period

A 1-2 min timer seems excessive to me

Why because if I'm logging off for the night and find a safe place whats to stop a player that's only armed with an axe coming across my character and seeing that it's not reacting to them and hacking it to death and looting the body

I mean i don't want to do the right thing just to log on and find i have to start again all because my character was just a sitting duck for 1 - 2 mins after i logged off

just my two cents

Nyarhra

Well from my point of view... 15-30 seconds would be enough.... no one would risk to disconnect in front of someone... And there is smaller risk to be spotted and killet in this period

If you go to a truly safe place to actually disconnect, chances are that somebody stumbles upon you are EXTREMELY low. Sure we might get one case every now and again, but think about how much good it would do! No more d/c to avoid death, no more d/c to flank someone, no more server hopping for more loot in high risk places...something from 1-5 minutes would be very much okay in my opinion. 15-30 seconds isn't really long enough to prevent server hopping, and is too short to remove disconnecting to avoid death, as the other side might not get a visual again in that short of a time.

Make it so that if I spawn on server 1 and hike north' date=' then hop to server 2 I spawn back on the coast. If I then head west before hopping back to server 1 I reappear wherever I last was on Server 1, and the same when I go back to server 2.

[/quote']

So I choose one server, go to a hospital roof and logoff there.

Then, if I get a broken leg on any other server, I just jump back to my "hospital" server and look for morphine.

Same applies to the barracks, or any other valuable building. Plus, it allows me to solo on a server, but still be at my camp in my home server.

Not exploitable at all.

Resetting the location across all servers if you log on to several servers too quickly is a better solution.

Well the current system is far too exploitable, and my proposed solution is also exploitable. The obvious answer is to make all servers totally separate and independent. Don't save any items, health status or locations between servers.

A few ideas for disconnecting exploit.

1. If you fire your weapon then you are unable to disconnect for say 1 minute, like when you are unconscious.

2. If it's possible, if you are being fired at ( rounds landing within a certain distance of you) or you have been hit, the same will happen.

With regard to the disconnecting moving reconnecting exploit, all you need to do is (this probably isn't possible) is for the server to have records of the position of your previous server, if you move on another server then it will randomly alter the position that is recorded on the other server, say for every 1m you move the recorded position on the previous server moves 2m in a random direction. This previous recoding will be reset after 20mins & revert to the current position on the new server.

Zombies are all white male adults.

Quivers for crossbow

higher tent spawn

Tags off by default.

thanks

* [NEW] Exponent driven probability introduced into visibility calculation

* [FIXED] Hatchet/Crowbar requires reloading ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34903 )

* [FIXED] Unlimited Wire fence/Sandbag/Tank Trap Bug ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34283 )

* [FIXED] Duplication Exploit on object pickup ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34031 )

* [FIXED] Not full magazines disappear when you reconnect ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33998 )

There is also a duping glitch where people pick up a backpack at the same time and then disconnect, or something like that. This duplicates the backpack. Please fix this as it gives unfair advantages.

Well the current system is far too exploitable' date=' and my proposed solution is also exploitable. The obvious answer is to make all servers totally separate and independent. Don't save any items, health status or locations between servers.

[/quote']

If a server goes down or is full you have to start on another server. Pretty stupid. The server hopping needs to be fixed, but not like this. A certain wait time before the disconnect or before a reconnect would be better.

If you save a vehicle off map it should be lost when you log out. Same as tents and anything you put in it. Off map? Lost.

It's taking the vehicles and equipment out of the game for everyone else and should be discouraged.

Completely agree, if it's off map it shouldn't be saved.

Easiest way ....

Put a 1 - 2 min time so that your character stays put 1 - 2 mins AFTER you log out BY ANY MEANS.

This way you are pretty much force to go fine a safe place so log before you actually log out.

this would be really good. there is no problem to go into wood' date=' lay below a tree and than log saftly out. as i do always.

you see here how often they diconnect and reconnect ingame. i really hate such behaviour. think i was 3-4 times in 20min video !

[/quote']

so if your net drops out, you lose power, join a server with a ping kicker or something along those lines and you happen to be in a populated area you get fucked in the arse because of a mechanic that isnt defined enough. I'm not saying your idea is bad im just saying it would serve more of a purpose of say your character persisting for 20 seconds as this is enough for someone to happily unload on you and to stop server hoppers make it so that if your registered as connecting to more than 2 servers in 20 minutes you get knocked out with a 5 minute shock counter.

Easiest way ....

this would be really good. there is no problem to go into wood' date=' lay below a tree and than log saftly out. as i do always.

[/quote']

so if your net drops out, you lose power, join a server with a ping kicker or something along those lines and you happen to be in a populated area you get fucked in the arse because of a mechanic that isnt defined enough. I'm not saying your idea is bad im just saying it would serve more of a purpose of say your character persisting for 20 seconds as this is enough for someone to happily unload on you and to stop server hoppers make it so that if your registered as connecting to more than 2 servers in 20 minutes you get knocked out with a 5 minute shock counter.

!00% this is what i was thinking also

A few ideas for disconnecting exploit.

1. If you fire your weapon then you are unable to disconnect for say 1 minute' date=' like when you are unconscious.

2. If it's possible, if you are being fired at ( rounds landing within a certain distance of you) or you have been hit, the same will happen.

[/quote']

One minute is far too short a time. If I'm in a decent sniper position, and I fire a shot, I can be pretty sure nobody is going to find me within 1 minute.

I may be too influenced by EVE here, but I think if you take aggressive action (firing a gun), you should stay on server for at least 10 minutes.

For regular logoffs, 30 seconds should be safe enough unless you are logging off in inmediate danger.

Sadly, that would open us to further admin abuse, especially on servers with tags on. See someone running, kick them off server, kill them while they are stationary.

Eesh that reloading of the hatchet caused my death. I was about to slice a guy into pieces and as i ran up to him i found out i had to reload. No time, he filled me with lead...

Keep up the good work Rocket. Looking forward for this update being rolled out ;)

I didnt read all the 137 pages and there may be allready something about this issue and im sorry if that is the case :)

Im worried about those wire fences, sandbags and tank traps closing some important looting buildings. For example the powerplant/fire station north from Elektro has been blocked now like 5 days in FI 1 server. The same wire fence has been there all that time. You cant go upstrairs where the most important loot (nice guns) is for new starters. If i have understand it correct you need toolbox to take those fences down? I havent see a single toolbox in elektro or any other towns/cities near beach. Maybe i have just very bad luck or something :)

How about you make timers or something for those fences and sandbags? Or maybe if players who build those dies they disappear? Or maybe when that player leaves the place (2km away) they go away?

It sucks pretty much when you dont have gun, some Z runs behind you and you see building where you might get gun and then you see the fence and you cant go over it or anything :)

Maybe this * [FIXED] Unlimited Wire fence/Sandbag/Tank Trap Bug ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34283 ) might end it, i dont know. I have never build those fences but what i have seen, only 1 fence can block very important routes or buildings.

Thank you Rock for the nice job so far! Keep up the good work.

Well the current system is far too exploitable' date=' and my proposed solution is also exploitable. The obvious answer is to make all servers totally separate and independent. Don't save any items, health status or locations between servers.

[/quote']

A problem here is that there is no simple one shot fix for what is inherently a complex problem spread over a complex system. What you're suggesting here requires a complete rethink on how the hive server works and of game mechanics - not really something I'd relish having to do at this stage, and also something which would change the flavour of the mod immeasurably.

The way I see it (and this is an opinion as much as a suggestion, and certainly not a demand) there are several rules and processes which need to be implemented to work hand in hand to ensure fairness to PVPers, PVEers, people who lose connection at inopportune moments etc.

The fairest way I can think of is to have two separate timers on DC, and a mechanic for what happens to a player when DC occurs. The main issue with these is that it would require a fair amount of coding and change to the current system to enable it.

1: We need a "are you allowed to join this server" flag. This flag is set to "no" for, let's say, 5 minutes IF the player is DC'd AND SUCCESSFULLY joins another server. you can log directly back in to the server you just DC'd from with no problem, but should you decide to try another server, and make it into that server, you can't go back to the one you came from for 5 minutes. This should stop jumping servers to gain tactical advantage - if you DC for any reason and come back to the same server (for your vehicles, tents, friends etc) you are not penalised. If you join another server, then decide to come back to the original, you should be barred from entry for a short time.

2: We need a DC timer - ie, your body will remain in play (with certain important caveats, which I will explain below) for a set period of time - say 30 seconds to 1 minute. Important notes:

a) the server join timer should be set for all servers for the period of time that your body is in play - to stop body duping. No player should really be able to complain about being locked out of their game for 30s-1m in the name of fairness.

b) the body , imho, should prone, unconscious, and not be aggro-able by any zombies. Any PREVIOUSLY AGGROED zombies should continue to attack, but even a zombie walking over a DC'd player should not aggro if not aggroed already - a concession to players with somewhat dodgy internet connections and being aware that servers can, and do, fall over. This gives a strong disincentive to logging out to avoid PVP death and zombie aggro, while giving genuine DC'd players a chance not to die horribly.

3: There's an argument for forcing prone, non combative stance for ~15 seconds on login, to try to stop jumping onto a sever in a distinctly tactical position, i.e. NW airbase barracks. These 15 seconds should be in a similar fashion to the DC prone - no zombie aggro (in fact no zombies _should_ be close on login anyway). This one I'm not so sure about...

I don't want to tell people how to play, but logging off in "a safe place" really should be a safe place, not somewhere you reckon will be safe for the next 2-3 seconds. It should be, ideally, a bush/low hanging branches, prone, and well into a forest.

I'm hoping this wall of text doesn't cause too much aggro here - I'd like discussion, rather than "THIS WON'T WORK" one line posts.

These mechanics tied in with the timers would stop most of the exploitable behaviour in terms of DCing, while allowing players who DC "legitimately" to stand a chance, and forcing those who play dangerously to seriously think about the way they log in/out of the game, or risk the consequences...

[/quote']

That's a terrible solution. How about this?

The master server records your log on times and server. If your previous log on was from a different server and less than X minutes ago (15 is a nice number, but whatever), it resets your location to the beach.

You are still free to change servers a few times throught a gaming session with no penalty. And free to change servers as much as you want with a light penalty (location reset).

But server hopping for loot becomes less efficient than farming a single server. And switching servers to reposition for tactical reasons is useless except against the most static of enemies.

net drops out, you lose power, join a server with a ping kicker or something along those lines and you happen to be in a populated area

What if the plane crash on your house when you sleep? This is what alpha for - need just to add and look how it is work. Current system is broken,it was work well and designed for small bunch of fair mature people who can play it how intended without programmed restrictions, but if mod goes to wide public - need to try something else

Sprinters are fine.. just tone down the sprint speed. Some Zeds are so far above the player run speeds' date=' and it's quite ridiculous. They can still be faster, but only by a slight margin. It would probably also make them look more realistic as well. Seriously, watch a zombie chase a player. They run in zig zags at super speeds. Their animations are so fast and jerky that it actually looks the opposite of real. It looks like a scooby doo cartoon or something. Lowering their speed may actually make them look somewhat real. Just a thought.

[/quote']

Rocket said previously that this will be addressed.

You guys do realize a reset position at the beach somewhere still holds the same amount of bytes in the database as being anywhere else lawl?

You guys do realize a reset position at the beach somewhere still holds the same amount of bytes in the database as being anywhere else lawl?

Can you please elaborate? It might be because of me not being a native english speaker, but I can't find the meaning of your post. Also. what is this 'lawl' of which you speak?

[/quote']

The master server records your log on times and server. If your previous log on was from a different server and less than X minutes ago (15 is a nice number, but whatever), it resets your location to the beach.

You are still free to change servers a few times throught a gaming session with no penalty. And free to change servers as much as you want with a light penalty (location reset).

But server hopping for loot becomes less efficient than farming a single server. And switching servers to reposition for tactical reasons is useless except against the most static of enemies.

Location reset yes but to the coast no

much better if it was to some wilderness locale that way new spawns on the coast wont get killed by a relocated weapon equipped player

[/quote']

Location reset yes but to the coast no

much better if it was to some wilderness locale that way new spawns on the coast wont get killed by a relocated weapon equipped player

If a new spawn gets killed, they can just respawn, no harm done. But the thought of a fully geared server hopper getting killed by a new spawn with a double barrel shotgun...

we need a fix for alt+f4 server hooper farmers. Please rocket. do smetihng about it.

its impsobile to go to any high loot location witohut finding everything already looted by server hoppers, or getting shot in the back by them.

Today i spent 30 mins tracking 2 poeple. i finally got into point blank range, i had a slow ass winchester. both guys managed to disconnect before i kileld them.. although one did die, his body disapeared. the other reloged after bandaging on a different server and attacked me again.

these scumbags are ruining your mod.