rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

* [FIXED] Inspection of dead bodies does not work (fix only applies with ArmA2 Beta 94033 and above)

Awesome, what kind of information will this display? something along the lines of "Was killed by misclicking the "Respawn" button in the ESC menu, there is no pride left on this body."

You know what all these buffs and making the zombies like superman reminds me of?

It reminds me of how developers that think having enemies re-spawn at locations makes the game harder. Its just stupid and frustrating.

My opinion.

Well i have to say that i definitely do not like how it takes a clip off you even if you shot 1 out of 30rnds. out of the clip. Can this be fixed please?

Anyone else wish the changelog was a little less confusing? I know rocket has his way, but I wish I could read a line without it being ambiguous. I feel a line like "* [FIXED] Error reports are almost invisible (has now been fixed)" should read "[FIXED] Error reports are no longer invisible" as this concisely tells you both the previous behavior and the new one without you having to think about which way he intends for it to work.

Shit, I wouldn't mind fixing those posts for him if I was able.

* [FIXED] Animal bodies despawn way too fast (now despawn automatically after 2 minutes)

* [FIXED] States where animal might stop walking around (now should walk around more)

* [FIXED] Animal AI routines consuming large amounts of FPS (now in line with Infected AI routines' date=' reduced FPS usage)

* [NEW'] Player Syncing system replaced (increased performance and ammo quantity tracking)

we have saved cars disapearing after 2-3 hours, we r losing our saved tents, we r losing our ammo while taking some items, our guns are disapearing when we trying to change or to put them in backpack, we can die coz of disconnecting in a vehicle, we can die while even loading, some fir-trees can broke our legs when we trying to hide

and now.. hurray! animal should walk around more! cool

relogin will not fill up our ammo, but we still will lose it coz of bugs. cool.

you, are cool.

* [FIXED] Inspection of dead bodies does not work (fix only applies with ArmA2 Beta 94033 and above)

Awesome' date=' what kind of information will this display? something along the lines of "Was killed by misclicking the "Respawn" button in the ESC menu, there is no pride left on this body."

[/quote']

Other options:

These rocks killed this guy. Do not lie down here.

This doorway killed this guy. You are already dead...

In all seriousness, if it just revealed shot (axed/crowbarred?)

vs

Zombie mauled

vs

(I guess there WOULD need to be an unknown for all the other stuff like abort button)

And maybe how long ago (although that's getting a bit forensic for my taste).

Plz add a way for players to remove barbed wire. I don't believe it is being used as intended or should be. That said doing a great job can't wait to buy a stand alone version in hopefully not so distant future.

Plz add a way for players to remove barbed wire. I don't believe it is being used as intended or should be. That said doing a great job can't wait to buy a stand alone version in hopefully not so distant future.

Toolbox.

there is a way. its called toolbox.

i remove everything i see, even at risk of my own life. i agree its a bunch of crap keeping people out of fire stations and such.

Breaking bones is way to common now. I seen broken bones by just running into players, a bitch slap from infected, and crawling over door ways. This is a big problem since morphine seems more rare now.

Breaking bones is way to common now. I seen broken bones by just running into players' date=' a bitch slap from infected, and crawling over door ways. This is a big problem since morphine seems more rare now.

[/quote']

* [FIXED] Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage, reduced amount of leg damage)

Breaking bones is way to common now. I seen broken bones by just running into players' date=' a bitch slap from infected, and crawling over door ways. This is a big problem since morphine seems more rare now.

[/quote']

I think morphine is more valuable than a suit or a weapon like it supposed to be now.

Why do our characters scream in pain when we're shooting zeds? I don't even get hit and my character yells' date=' "fuck that hurt." lol

[/quote']It's zed's screams, not your character's. Guess they just use default sound for injury.

Do zeds yell out loud in a russian accent, "Fuck that hurt!" When they're being shot? Because, that's what I distinctly heard when shooting one.

I once heard such yell (or rather moan) coming from nowhere. Thought there was a survivor, approached, searched all the corners of the two-level barn inside and outside but found nothing. The sound was directional so it was not coming from my char. Must be a bug.

P.S. Zeds DO sometimes moan like survivors when they are being injured (shot) non-lethaly. Do not recon them yelling 'That hurts!' though.

Well i have to say that i definitely do not like how it takes a clip off you even if you shot 1 out of 30rnds. out of the clip. Can this be fixed please?

This is a user-/serveradmin-' date=' not a mod-issue. Install the correct Arma Beta patch and you are all fine and dandy. (Or the serveradmin should)

BW can already be removed with a toolbox. Go scavenge for one and relieve Chernarus from the painful wire-clusterfuck!

On Topic:

rocket, maybe you should make a certain Beta patch mandatory for this update once again. (Like your stated Beta 94033 for a fix)

I somehow recall you saying something along the lines that you can not force (with the mod itself) all server owners to use a certain beta. (and therefore all clients as well)

Reason is so we don't get lots of people having bugs due using/playing on servers with the wrong beta.

* [NEW] Exponent driven probability introduced into visibility calculation

Big win with the new infected targeting methods!

Now I am tweaking values. They will now have the CHANCE to detect you from much further away visually' date=' but this rises and falls based exponentially on how close you are versus how visible you are. So if you are visible at 120m, and at 110m, you have a very low (but still possible) chance that you will be spotted. The longer you stay there the greater the chance of being spotted.

[/quote']

Would it be an option for them to shamble in your direction rather than run at full pelt in such a (distanced) situation i.e. they've spotted something and want a closer look. Would lead to that, 'uh oh better get out of here feeling' when they all turn an look in your direction! :)

Best idea EVER!

Why do our characters scream in pain when we're shooting zeds? I don't even get hit and my character yells, "fuck that hurt." lol

Yeah that's funny as hell. First time I heard it was when zombies were lining up in a long barn as I was shooting them with makarov. One of them moaned at me "fuck that hurts." I shouted back at him IRL "yeah bitch that's gonna hurt and you gonna fucking die!". Got me good laugh (:

This is a user-/serveradmin-' date=' not a mod-issue. Install the correct Arma Beta patch and you are all fine and dandy. (Or the serveradmin should)

BW can already be removed with a toolbox. Go scavenge for one and relieve Chernarus from the painful wire-clusterfuck!

On Topic:

rocket, maybe you should make a certain Beta patch mandatory for this update once again. (Like your stated Beta 94033 for a fix)

I somehow recall you saying something along the lines that you can not force (with the mod itself) all server owners to use a certain beta. (and therefore all clients as well)

Reason is so we don't get lots of people having bugs due using/playing on servers with the wrong beta.

94103 is the Arma Beta patch I'm currently using

* [NEW] Exponent driven probability introduced into visibility calculation

Big win with the new infected targeting methods!

Now I am tweaking values. They will now have the CHANCE to detect you from much further away visually' date=' but this rises and falls based exponentially on how close you are versus how visible you are. So if you are visible at 120m, and at 110m, you have a very low (but still possible) chance that you will be spotted. The longer you stay there the greater the chance of being spotted.

[/quote']

Well I hear this and all i can think of is random infected aggro. I am a little worried as random mechanics are sometimes an anti-game and make overall skill irrelevant. You don't want the infected to play like a game of cards. For example in many first person shooters random bullet spread (RBS) is added which makes any mousing skills the player has aquired over the years less important. I will however reserve my judgement untill i can test the new patch. Just know that unpredictable infected aggro and other random mechanics may remove any skill avenues in this game. We all want to learn how the zombie aggro works and we all want to be able to know how to sneak around them effectively without worrying about how the dice rolls.

are tents not spawning until this patch is out?

I saw three newly spawned tents in one supermarket within a period of two minutes earlier this morning. I picked up two of them and still have one in my pack right now. There are definitely still tents, but you gotta get lucky.

... I suggest supermarkets. :P They have great loot anyway.

Tents are weird, I had one, it dissapeared but then next day the tent came back but empty.

This makes harder to evaluate if it was looted or if it bugged.

rocket...pls fix the tents....loosing gear is not cool :D but the changes are great