rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

I started playing just after the release of 1.7.1.5 so never had a gun to start with, it was hilarious trying to learn to play this game but now I can be dumped anywhere on the cost and be back at base camp with food, guns, ammo, tools, backpack and a tent within 30 mins. The bugs and loot spawn issues make this game even more realistic and therefore more of a challange. IRL once you've taken all the good stuf out of a building it's not going to be there again the next time you visit.

The only bad thing about this game is the other players :)

I started playing just after the release of 1.7.1.5 so never had a gun to start with' date=' it was hilarious trying to learn to play this game but now I can be dumped anywhere on the cost and be back at base camp with food, guns, ammo, tools, backpack and a tent within 30 mins. The bugs and loot spawn issues make this game even more realistic and therefore more of a challange. IRL once you've taken all the good stuf out of a building it's not going to be there again the next time you visit.

[/quote']

A good thing to know is that if you were to clear out a house of all it's loot*, you just need to wait 10 minutes and there will be completely new loot, note that you have to be further than 150meters from that house or building, but if another player comes near the house (within 150 meters), the timer will be resetted.

(*= ALL LOOT, you may pick it all up and drop it somewhere)

Why on earth would anyone want PVP turned off? It wouldn't be the same game then, at all. I'm not a PKer, but i wouldn't want that element removed from the game, not being a PKer, i tend to skulk around solo in the smaller far north towns. I am keeping my contact with other players to a minimum, but its the most exciting part of the game. Sneaking into a town, you know theres going to be zombies, but the real adrenaline rush in this game is when you hear close gunfire there.

Maybe rocket should let that single player version continue so all the pussies can play eleswhere.

WTB Pvp Turn-off function

there is mission editor in ARMA2 - you can spend all day there :)

WTB Pvp Turn-off function

That's not gonna happen, ever. Stop asking for it.

Good to see nothing has changed in this thread :)

And it never will.

this shit will never be released...

I beg to differ.

Think about real life factors.

This patch, I ink, will be the most polished, give us the most ... Uh bang for no bucks... We've had so far.

Why? It's being publicly exhibited at Rezzed (as a Yank, ive not hear of Rezzed until just recently). But they're showing it on a show room floor. That means something.

It will come out in 3-5 days and it will be spectacular. Bank on it.

@Distinction.

Thanks for the response, I didn't know that, I'll now be collecting tin cans and piling them outside of building :)

Even if there was on option to turn PvP off I wouldn't do it. I've met friendly players on the DayZ servers, I've met griefers as well. I like the fear that comes from knowing another player is near you and that you can't trust them, I like the feeling I get knowing that another person could be near and at any moment I could hear popping sounds and game over.

I've also had those players who run up to me saying 'friendly, friendly' then proceed to shoot/axe me in the face when I turn away - annoying? Yes but that's real life for you, some people are douchebags but again that's what gives me the fear in this game; I don't want to die and lose all my progress, I don't want to murder either but I can't trust unknown players, so anyone I see in the woods or anywhere near my tents and vehicles is getting it between the eyes :)

Please do not ever implement a 'PvP off' option and take this adrenaline rush away, name another game that gives you the same feeling of when you've just found NV googles but then hear gunfire close by?

Just awesome!

I'm looking forward to this patch to be applied and I really do hope this game gets alot more, since the current alpha stadium reveals some major bugs and glitches, which significantly reduces game immersion and fun.

I understand everything else. What do these 2 new features mean exactly? In laymans terms please.

[NEW] Authentication process streamlined with new ArmA2 Beta commands (publicVariableServer and publicVariableClient)

* [NEW] Authentication for duplicate IDs supportive of the new beta patch (ArmAX users)

Post is irrelevant' date=' the name interests me.

[/quote']

Dancer? Cotillion? Apsalar?

If these mean anything to you, I've finally randomly bumped into a fellow malazan fan. What a happy convergence! :)

If you guys had been watching/reading interviews with Rocket, you would know that the delay on the patch is because he wants it to be a major improvement and not break anything fundamental.

They are insuring this with a lot of internal testing. This is a very good thing for all of us at the end of the day.

If he released a patch that broke stuff, the same morons crying here that it isn't released would be crying that it was released, but broke their game...It's catch 22.

Give the guy a break and learn some patience and stop being such whiny little bitches. :)

I started playing just after the release of 1.7.1.5 so never had a gun to start with' date=' it was hilarious trying to learn to play this game but now I can be dumped anywhere on the cost and be back at base camp with food, guns, ammo, tools, backpack and a tent within 30 mins. The bugs and loot spawn issues make this game even more realistic and therefore more of a challange. IRL once you've taken all the good stuf out of a building it's not going to be there again the next time you visit.

[/quote']

A good thing to know is that if you were to clear out a house of all it's loot*, you just need to wait 10 minutes and there will be completely new loot, note that you have to be further than 150meters from that house or building, but if another player comes near the house (within 150 meters), the timer will be resetted.

(*= ALL LOOT, you may pick it all up and drop it somewhere)

You dont have to wait 10 min.

This game has become such a troll game it lost all its potentiol it had' date=' sadly. Fences/tank traps infront of EVERY fire station (and no you cant jump over cause they are all double placed). Campers with high gear just sitting at Elektro taking out every newbie that passes even though they dont got any gear.

Those who say it isnt true never play on a 40+ server.

[/quote']

Then don't go through Elektro. "Troll game"? What is a "troll game"? Do you mean griefing? You can take down fences and tank traps with the right equipment. Go somewhere else if you can't handle Elektro.

I've been playing this game for almost two months straight and never had a problem so far, the fact is too many wrong people discovered the mod and are griefing every other player to the point people quit.

It's still a game and I don't even get why you say 'cant handle Elektro'.. This aint real life my son no reason to get all offensive and personal (:

Also it isnt the intention of this mod to camp in Elektro and snipe of every new player or setup fences to try to attempt to ruin it for others.

Thaaaaats where your wrong. The developers have said a few times that they want to eventually bring in alot of items where people can create their own survivor cities. Allowing in who they want and ruling themselve like what is likely to happen in a real zombie apocolypse.

So yes, thats exactly what they want and it'd be a very cool concept if people were on more. Imagine coming up to a building and you see barbed wire, and some people step out and say "Go away, this isn't your home" etc. Even if they were troll-y about it if they were there to actually defend it would be awesome

Thats actually the main reason Rocket wants to be able to double the amount of people allowed in the next patch, and even more later.

I understand everything else. What do these 2 new features mean exactly? In laymans terms please.

[NEW] Authentication process streamlined with new ArmA2 Beta commands (publicVariableServer and publicVariableClient)

* [NEW] Authentication for duplicate IDs supportive of the new beta patch (ArmAX users)

The first means that the checking to make sure the user has permission for the new commands (publicVariableServer and publicVariableClient) has been made faster.

The second means when someone tries to log in to a server two times, the system is able to handle it with the new beta patch that came out

[/quote']

If these mean anything to you, I've finally randomly bumped into a fellow malazan fan. What a happy convergence! :)

Yes of course these mean something to me, I wouldn't take the name of the Emperor in vain :) Glad to know Malazan is appreciated, just hope they don't turn it into a HBO mini series.

Onos' Toolan is the best character and yes a very happy convergence, power draws power after all :)

[/quote']

Yes of course these mean something to me, I wouldn't take the name of the Emperor in vain :) Glad to know Malazan is appreciated, just hope they don't turn it into a HBO mini series.

Onos' Toolan is the best character and yes a very happy convergence, power draws power after all :)

I was always partial to Fiddler myself. It was nice to see some references to the Rope on this forum though :)