rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

I can't believe people get mad because he all of the sudden doesnt release a patch every other day like he did for a while. It's rediculous. You guys that do that are an insult to him and nothing more.

I'm actually glad there hasn't been a patch in a long time. Everything has been pretty stable since 1.7.1.5

If zombies running/attacking through walls, mags dissapearing, and a blackhole backpack is your idea of stable....

If zombies running/attacking through walls' date=' mags dissapearing, and a blackhole backpack is your idea of stable....

[/quote']

What do people not get about alpha?

I want to say thank you for all you have done so far Rocket and it is very stable for an Alpha! (maybe even beta stable ;))

If zombies running/attacking through walls' date=' mags dissapearing, and a blackhole backpack is your idea of stable....

[/quote']ArmA II problems mostly. He/They probably can't rewrite the whole engine because of one mod. ...or maybe he can. :D

When you give people a deadline' date=' your expected to meet it. People are mad because it was not kept and no word has been spoken ever since that. No one wants to be kept in the dark.

[/quote']

Let me enlighten you.

YOU

ARE

A

(FUCKIN)

TESTER.

read these words 100 times then go out for a walk. Then come back. Think about your life.

Then read it again. Then go become buddist.

I think this update is very fun, i UNDERSTAND that this is a alpha mod, and we ARE testers... But 1.7.1.5 Seems not to bad for me. I just REALLY want the zombie through wall, missing items and leg braking randomly to be fixed like NAO :(

When you give people a deadline' date=' your expected to meet it. People are mad because it was not kept and no word has been spoken ever since that. No one wants to be kept in the dark.

[/quote']

Let me enlighten you.

YOU

ARE

A

(FUCKIN)

TESTER.

read these words 100 times then go out for a walk. Then come back. Think about your life.

Let me enlighten you

he gave a timeframe

he hasnt given any updates since

not even a word from him

wtf do you expect people to be like

people paid money for arma 2 for this mod

just because its a mod doesnt mean shit.

hes a contactor for the company and should know better

he needs to update people

you say that im wrong then you are in denial.

Let me enlighten you

he gave a timeframe

he hasnt given any updates since

not even a word from him

wtf do you expect people to be like

people paid money for arma 2 for this mod

just because its a mod doesnt mean shit.

hes a contactor for the company and should know better

he needs to update people

you say that im wrong then you are in denial.

Agreed that an update would be lovely but do you pay him to update the mod?

No, so an update would be lovely and professional but as he isn't paid to do it he doesn't deserve this kind of crap for all the work he has put in and remember you bought (and so did I) Arma 2 not the mod so play it while you wait if you want.

PLZ add to FIX LIST

1. Empty tents can now be destroyed from menu. (cos i was unable to destroy my tents even by car)

2. Cars can now be flipped up from menu. (you know why)

3. Zombies stay walking around 30 minutes after spawn. (to prevent reconnect exploit and a player nearby identification)

4. Dead survivors cannot be lootable. (to lower murderers population)

5. A murderer will get hands shaking for 5 hours per kill, if he killed more ppl within this interval he will get more shaking. (Uncurable by painkiller)

6. Portable radiostation added to the loot table. (Up to you, but we need communication within the game)

PLZ add to FIX LIST

1. Empty tents can now be destroyed from menu. (cos i was unable to destroy my tents even by car)

2. Cars can now be flipped up from menu. (you know why)

3. Zombies stay walking around 30 minutes after spawn. (to prevent reconnect exploit and a player nearby identification)

4. Dead survivors cannot be lootable. (to lower murderers population)

5. A murderer will get hands shaking for 5 hours per kill' date=' if he killed more ppl within this interval he will get more shaking. (Uncurable by painkiller)

6. Portable radiostation added to the loot table. (Up to you, but we need communication within the game)

[/quote']

4. Request denied. What the matter, been killed? Yeah, this is mod where ppl kill each other. If you can't deal with this, better uninstal DayZ.

know what would be cool? Rabbit snares!

Those little bastards are way too quick' date=' it's like trying to shoot clay pigeons in vanilla arma 2.. :(

[/quote']

Past 2AM where I live and I was just outside and saw a rabbit in my yard. My first thought was, "Wait, do I have a hunting knife on me?" True story. :)

You can kill anyone thousand times, but you wont get anyting except hands shaking. If you can't deal with this, beter uninstall Dayz

Wow, people are actually complaining about no new update? HAHAHAHAHA!

I guess beggars can be choosers. Some people are just unbelievable, and yet there it is on the forums, people making fools of themselves.

Not a single person in the world paid a single penny to the developers of the DayZ Mod. It's a free open-alpha test.

Hint to the ignorant, there is no 'on time' with a free alpha mod. hahaha

[/quote']

Let me enlighten you.

YOU

ARE

A

(FUCKIN)

TESTER.

not even a word from him

Are you serious? Don't people read anymore before complaining?

Like stupid bug report. "Game glitched. All I can tell you. FIX IT!!!"

Jebus...

Not releasing tonight guys' date=' sorry - I learned my lesson after the 1.7.1 debacle.

The bugs in the new system have been ironed out, but consequently the balancing is (again) all over the place. So tomorrow I need to spend some time adjusting the balancing, then we need to go through some serious closed testing.

Sorry guys, disappointing I know. But this means that I'll be able to squeeze some content in while it is being tested tomorrow. I'm off to sleep for a bit :)

[/quote']

@x_vovka

1. Yes, should be possible to empty and destroy my tent

2. Dunno why

3. Nope! Server hopping will raise and raise

4. NOPE! THIS! is part of the game/mod

5. NOPE! You have to decide which way you´ll go and not be punished for being a bandit

and not for defending yourself because someone shoots on sight.

6. YES! Something like the ACRE mod would be cool.

YES we are testers and it is fun to be part of it. It is ok, that I paid 25€ for ArmA X because its a very good game AND I can play DayZ, so I´ve lost nothing. I´m a winner, we are all winners, because being patient, reporting bugs, listen to rockets statements and playing around is, what DayZ will bring in the right direction. We are testing the meta-gaming and for sure this DayZ mod will be finished in future and this is very important. If all works, if the game mechanic works, if we are behaving like expected in this meta-game, THEN all is good. Don´t forgot, this gaming experience might be ported to ArmA 3 and the banana skin would not be the Arma 3 engine.

Wow' date=' people are actually complaining about no new update? HAHAHAHAHA!

I guess beggars can be choosers. Some people are just unbelievable, and yet there it is on the forums, people making fools of themselves.

Not a single person in the world paid a single penny to the developers of the DayZ Mod. It's a free open-alpha test.

Hint to the ignorant, there is no 'on time' with a free alpha mod. hahaha

[/quote']

Why you read all the replies on this thread then if you don't care... Just read the first post and close, its very simple. If you continue reading you can read the opinion of other people.

Will we lose our characters again when updating to 1.7.2 like we did in 1.7.0 to 1.7.1? I just got a DMR, Ghillie suit, silenced M9 and I don't wanna lose them :(

[/quote']ArmA II problems mostly. He/They probably can't rewrite the whole engine because of one mod. ...or maybe he can. :D

As insanely hot as this mod is right now (this level of interest won't last forever), and as many copies of ArmA 2 as it's moving lately, I'd say they certainly should. :)

@x_vovka

4. NOPE! THIS! is part of the game/mod

5. NOPE! You have to decide which way you´ll go and not be punished for being a bandit

and not for defending yourself because someone shoots on sight.

People has no other choise except shooting at sight right now, this madness should be stoped. The game would be more interesting in fighting against horror inviroment, zombies, biological hazard and so on. There must be mysctical note in the game, not just one more shooter.

@x_vovka

People has no other choise except shooting at sight right now' date=' this madness should be stoped. The game would be more interesting in fighting against horror inviroment, zombies, biological hazard and so on. There must be mysctical note in the game, not just one more shooter.

[/quote']

Remember: this is your personal opinion. Why this mod should be like others (with pony and shit). Begin to adapt.

Main idea of gameplay - freedom. Do what you want. But don't expect ppl do things like you do. Someone kill, someone been killed. Man, this is not "another linear zombie horror". Just try to stop whining, and try to survive about a week - you'll feel increase of self-rating.

I can survive years in the forest eating meat and drink water from a lake, what is the point of such game?

I can survive years in the forest eating meat and drink water from a lake' date=' what is the point of such game?

[/quote']

Getting shot by a sniper 10 minutes into those "years"...

P.S. Wheres the update?!?

P.P.S. <3 Rocket such a great guy.

I can survive years in the forest eating meat and drink water from a lake' date=' what is the point of such game?

[/quote']

this game is not all about food and water. you will find plenty reasons to hit a town sooner or later.

[/quote']

Mate, it´s different, to what the most people know as a first person shooter. If you don´t get that, then this is maybe no mod for you.

You have to think different, play with it, make your experiences.

[/quote']

You contradict yourself:

"People has no other choise except shooting at sight right now, this madness should be stoped. The game would be more interesting in fighting against horror inviroment, zombies, biological hazard and so on. There must be mysctical note in the game, not just one more shooter."

People killed you, you're dissatisfied. Forrest surviving? You're dissatisfied.

This game has no point at all. Fighting against horror inviroment? Man, what kind of horror you're supposed to fight? Slowpock zombies? Maybe fight agains rain? Kiddin?

This mod has no horror at all, except "alive gamers".

Human brain - this is horror.