rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

what you should be realizing is the DevTeam are kind enough to allow an open alpha and a open forum for the testers instead of doing everything behind closed doors and keeping the test bed to a select few with little to no input. instead of acting like petulant children.

be greatful for the freedom you have with this game currently.

RainbowJose, your a fucking idiot. You have 4 posts, and they are all of you being a total douche. have some respect for what goes on here and don't use this thread for your nonsense. You will not get an update until you are told you will. Deal with it and learn to play!

Wrong way. Deal with me

Dayus Walkus, sup, man.

ROCKET, WHERES THE FUCKING UPDATE, BITCH?!

image.png

I also agree that bear traps will be used for nothing but griefing and God knows we don't need to feed that monster any more than necessary. Shit' date=' isn't the concertina wire and tank traps enough?

Seriously, what do we need bear traps for? I could see a purpose if they could be used for hunting. There are a million things that are needed before bear traps. What's next, whoopie cushions? deployable banana peels? cannonball shaped bombs with rope fuses? .357 revolvers with ridiculously long barrels?

[/quote']

I for one am looking forward to bear traps. My reasoning might not be very elegant ("YAY new stuff!!").

Let's just see how it goes first. Don't forget rocket can patch out stuff way faster than coding them in if he feels they don't work. We're in the most flexible stages of all were you can experiment.

I want hide,seek and movement like in Metal Gear Solid 3 and Zombies like in "The Walking Dead"

But first the bugs must be fixed:

1.Zombies glich trough Walls,Fences,Stones,Trees, ..... many more

2.Items in tends get deleted.

3.Items duplicate on pickup.

4.Backpacks delete Items randomly.

5.animals dont move or make anything.

6.Time Desync

Or fix weapons not saving when looted. Cant count the times ive looted a weapon off someones body or off the ground and logged out and it reverts back to what I had before. Lost an L85/M4SD today. Im sure they know about this tho.

Or fix weapons not saving when looted. Cant count the times ive looted a weapon off someones body or off the ground and logged out and it reverts back to what I had before. Lost an L85/M4SD today. Im sure they know about this tho.

Wait 60 seconds after looting and equipping to log out. I read that the database doesn't save your player state straight away. Or, stop disconnecting to avoid getting killed by your victim's buddies?

I agree with Seradest. We dont need new stuff' date=' as long as there are so many bugs.

[/quote']

Then stop playing alpha version. Wait for beta.

Bear traps can be used for protecting your camp/tent in the woods. :) Of course they may be used inside buildings to where people go to loot but if you can't see a bear trap on a bright gray floor of the firestation, you actually deserve to get your leg broken from it. Of course there needs to be a way to disarm bear traps (with toolkit perhaps?) but I'm sure rocket already has done this option.

since this is mod,not actuall game,i dont think its possible to bring new items to the game.

since this is mod' date='not actuall game,i dont think its possible to bring new items to the game.

[/quote']

Hatchet?

Crowbar?

Zombies?

Bear Traps?

Heli crashes?

That is a disconnetc issue.

since this is mod' date='not actuall game,i dont think its possible to bring new items to the game.

[/quote']

Hatchet?

Crowbar?

Zombies?

Bear Traps?

Heli crashes?

Heatpack? Bloodpack? Morphine? Painkillers? Epi-Pen? Beans? Pasta? Raw meat? Cooked meat? Water bottle? ...

Holy cow... xD

It was posted on FRIDAY the 22nd of june' date=' announcing the update for the following monday, with a backup scheduled for off peak time saturday (30th) if monday went wrong, which clearly from what rocket posted it did.

[/quote']

Actually i thought they were doing a db backup on that saturday before that monday. :) So it wasn't written that clear.

But yeah, sounds like there was some improvement the dev/release process. I will come back home on sunday eagerly wanting to test the new version.

I want hide' date='seek and movement like in Metal Gear Solid 3 and Zombies like in "The Walking Dead"

But first the bugs must be fixed:

[/quote']

Did you at least read the preliminary patch notes? On page one?

* [FIXED] Duplication Exploit on object pickup ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34031 )

Also many of those bugs you are listing sound like some kind of inventory mismanagement. Infected walking through walls is an ARMA 2 issue, not much rocket can do.

Is it possible to make it so that dead zombies, dead players and loot wouldn't despawn at least 5-10 meters around a player?

It kinda sucks when something disappears right in front of you, ruins the atmosphere a lot. And when you fight of a horde of zeds and there are only few bodies around, that makes me kinda sad. :D

Bear traps can be used for protecting your camp/tent in the woods. :) Of course they may be used inside buildings to where people go to loot but if you can't see a bear trap on a bright gray floor of the firestation' date=' you actually deserve to get your leg broken from it. Of course there needs to be a way to disarm bear traps (with toolkit perhaps?) but I'm sure rocket already has done this option.

[/quote']

I don't see how bear traps will bring anything good to the game, with them backpacks will be highest sought for loot, since all you need to do is morphine yourself, so all this will bring to the game is people carrying more morphine. It can't protect your tent, it can just bore player who is looting it, in way that he needs to spend 20-30 secs on using morphing and prolly bandage. Like wiretraps, have they brought anything good .. nope...

since all you need to do is morphine yourself

have morphine to begin with. more then often, i personally don't.

Meh, DayZ is stuck in a rut at the moment. Most servers have areas that are now cordoned off by barbed fencing.

I could go and look for a toolbox, but a lot of locations I want to check for toolboxes have already been sectioned off by barbed wire fencing.

Add beartraps, and all you get is people holding off playing because, well, there'll hardly be anywhere you can actually get into.

It'd be a different situation if a LOT more houses were opened up, so if you can't get into one building, then there are loads more choices to pick from, but unfortunately there isn't. There just seems to be an increasing amount of fencing and and so little toolboxes around to deal with them.

Wow finally I can post.

I registered 3 days ago and this is the first time ive been able to post any thing.

As for the bear traps well lets just see what they have in store.

I cant wait for the next release like the rest of us its going to be great to see a performance increase because at the moment in Chern it lags like hell.

No its not my rig.