rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

Is this coming out today rocket?

you keep adding and adding to the list so it's going to be a HUGE patch and if something conflicts with one another it'll take forever for you to find out what.

Isn't that what we're all here for? :)

NO. While you enjoy playing the mod all ARMA X users are UNABLE to play. We all wait for the 1.7.2 to arrive to be ABLE to play.

You clearly dont have this problem.

This bug was solved in the latest Arma2 _beta_ patch, not specifically DayZ, so you should be able to play straight away (hopes at least!).

First barbwire and tank traps cover the map and now bear traps? This game is getting driven into the ground.

Did you read the release notes? Barbed wire spamming has been fixed.

It's not so much the barbed wire spamming, its the issues with removing it (needing a toolbox) coupled with the rediculously small "hitbox" to be able to remove it. As well as when you HAVE removed it, it comes back after server restarts.

So it's not just the bug that you could place unlimited wires only having one wire kit that needs to be addressed. Also, the spawn rate of the stuff is insane.

I found NINE spools of the stuff in ONE industrial building. One in every single loot spot in the building. Couple that with you can place the stuff without a tool-box and you've got a griefers wet dream.

Lets hope the traps aren't as flawed! :)

NO. While you enjoy playing the mod all ARMA X users are UNABLE to play. We all wait for the 1.7.2 to arrive to be ABLE to play.

This bug was solved in the latest Arma2 _beta_ patch' date=' not specifically DayZ, so you should be able to play straight away (hopes at least!).

[/quote']

No it isn't fixed using any of the beta patches (I've tried them all) :(

We need 1.7.2 to be able to play the game as all ArmA X retail users have invalid IDs

*EDIT*

OK can someone tell me what the hell ArmaX is?

It's the anniversary edition - see more info here > http://www.bistudio.com/english/games/arma-x

This bug was solved in the latest Arma2 _beta_ patch' date=' not specifically DayZ, so you should be able to play straight away (hopes at least!).

[/quote']

No it isn't fixed using any of the beta patches (I've tried them all) :(

We need 1.7.2 to be able to play the game as all ArmA X retail users have invalid IDs

*EDIT*

It's the anniversary edition - see more info here > http://www.bistudio.com/english/games/arma-x

"* [NEW] Authentication for duplicate IDs supportive of the new beta patch (ArmAX users) "

It would be Great if they could add Quiver for steel bolts and/or make them stackable.

Even though I dislike crossbows' date=' I like this idea. Would make the game more immersive. Maybe a quiver takes 3 slots and can carry up to 10 bolts.

[/quote']

Right. You have a clip with 30 bullets in it, but a quiver should take up 3 slots and have 10. Yea, right.

You're missing the benefits of the cross-bow, clearly. Bolts are as common as shit in the woods. They are also retrievable. When you have the ability to pick a shotgun slug out the zombies ass, you have a valid argument. Until then. 10 bolts in a quiver is MORE than enough. It's a 1 shot weapon, it's not MEANT for killing mass zombies that are chasing you.

It's ArmA with an X at the end :P

It would be Great if they could add Quiver for steel bolts and/or make them stackable.

Even though I dislike crossbows' date=' I like this idea. Would make the game more immersive. Maybe a quiver takes 3 slots and can carry up to 10 bolts.

[/quote']

Right. You have a clip with 30 bullets in it, but a quiver should take up 3 slots and have 10. Yea, right.

Of course, the size of a quiver is fairly larger then the size of a magazine. Steelbolts are as big as 5-20 bullets.

''Authentication for duplicate IDs supportive of the new beta patch''

What does this actually mean? Can we play with two separate characters now?

''Authentication for duplicate IDs supportive of the new beta patch''

What does this actually mean? Can we play with two separate characters now?

No' date=' this is a bugfix for people who bught ArmA X (retail) - like me - who cannot log on because they are using the same ID as normal ArmA 2 CO players.

when the patch come out?

When it's done... no ETA.

I'v seen a lot of tears around every patch. I have shed my share too. I'v grown to accept all the unstablity, all the deaths that come from experimenting game balance. This mod keeps evolving and getting better and more stable. There is one thing that is getting totally out of control: exploiting and cheating.

8/10 pvp encounters end in enemy disconnecting and traveling to flank in other server. It seems like it is nearly impossible to win a firefight without serverjumping and disconnecting unless you get only 100% headshots with powerfull weapons. Almost every time I fire a weapon, see the blood burst, the player dissappears to bandage himself in another server and to travel to a better position. This has become more the rule than exeption especially in encounters near military loot places (Stary Sobor, Balota, Krasnovstad, NE Airfield).

To the people who are whining about why it isn't out yet - try reading the thread! rocket has already stated why. You're behaving like zombies.

I did' date=' and I didn't ask, but it's not easy thumbing through all these constantly growing pages. It might not be a bad idea to update the main post with the new time.

[hr']

I'm not sure the traps or random zombie aggro from distance are such a good idea. Two new random ways to die sounds more frustrating than fun.

What I do is go to rocket's profile and click Find All Posts. Saves having to wade through all the zombie text.

Sweet! Bear traps sounds like a cool new feature :D Just missin the Grizzlys in the deep woods now. Sometime in the future...

Imagine meeting a big grizzly standing on two legs infront of you!

I loved hunting wild animals in RdR. I agree that their should be some more treats out in the wilderness like many other said before.

Boars should start to run when they see you.. Making the hunt a little more exciting :)

And if wolf(Reskin the dog and make it a little bigger) comes in the future.. make them hunt in packs.. Just resting with my crew by the fireplace in the woods by night and seeing eyes in the dark and howling would be epic thrill! (Just like watching the old movies when they are resting by the fire by night and wolf start sneaking around you)

Keep up the good work!

I think we need to limit the amount of food and water we can carry, rather than horde every possible can of food and soda we come across. Let's say to 3 of each. I know this dosen't sound fair but i think it will make for a more intense gaming experience. This morning I was out of food and water, running through the woods seeking out zeds to kill, hoping that they would drop a single can of food before I started to starve to death

I would have even killed any player I came across to eat, and I never ever kill anyone. It was one of the most intense moments so far for me in the game. Soda cans are in far to much abundance right now too. More emphasis should be put on water bottles and having to make runs to the nearest pond to drink. We need to get people out of there hoarding comfort zones, and make them constantly feeling threatened about when there next meal and drink is going to come next.

I think we need to limit the amount of food and water we can carry' date=' rather than horde every possible can of food and soda we come across. Let's say to 3 of each. I know this dosen't sound fair but i think it will make for a more intense gaming experience. This morning I was out of food and water, running through the woods seeking out zeds to kill, hoping that they would drop a single can of food before I started to starve to death

I would have even killed any player I came across to eat, and I never ever kill anyone. It was one of the most intense moments so far for me in the game. Soda cans are in far to much abundance right now too. More emphasis should be put on water bottles and having to make runs to the nearest pond to drink. We need to get people out of there hoarding comfort zones, and make them constantly feeling threatened about when there next meal and drink is going to come next.

[/quote']

In my opinion that shouldn't have to be done, because Food/water shares the same slots as ammo and Chemlights.

If you have to balance the ammo you have with Food and Water, Realism!

I've found food is increasingly rarer now, while sodas are easily found in Cities, which makes sense if you think about it (Out of thousands of people, they leave guns for one, why not a can or two of coke each?)

I'v seen a lot of tears around every patch. I have shed my share too. I'v grown to accept all the unstablity' date=' all the deaths that come from experimenting game balance. This mod keeps evolving and getting better and more stable. There is one thing that is getting totally out of control: exploiting and cheating.

8/10 pvp encounters end in enemy disconnecting and traveling to flank in other server. It seems like it is nearly impossible to win a firefight without serverjumping and disconnecting unless you get only 100% headshots with powerfull weapons. Almost every time I fire a weapon, see the blood burst, the player dissappears to bandage himself in another server and to travel to a better position. This has become more the rule than exeption especially in encounters near military loot places (Stary Sobor, Balota, Krasnovstad, NE Airfield).

[/quote']

It's been this way for some time, and is dramatically increased. I personally stay in the server when shot, you die, you die no big deal. But it is almost every time you get anything but a headshot the player disconnects.

There's also a BUG with player corpses, i'm not sure if its related to the disconnect exploit, but MANY times where i've killed someone, only to go over and the body be gone.

Some literally the second the body hits the floor. I get the flies sound, the bandit kill/murder but the body vanishes.

It needs to be addressed for certain. Just lastnight, the uber loot snipers were messing around with Elektro newbies. Up in the hill (2 of them) and 1 in the fire station 3rd floor. They must have killed 7 or 8 people before a myself and a friend were able to kill them by sheer luck. The guy from the fire station headed back with the spoils of war from the bodies / firestation towards the snipers on the hill. I unloaded a makarov mag into him as he was stuck walking up the steep hill. He immediately disconnects and the snipers stand up to move (my guess is their friend shat bricks over team-speak) as they stood to move, my friend already up the hill Killed (both showed as kills in chat) both of the snipers. One upon death they immediately disconnected from the server.

One of the bodies disappeared, the other didn't. The one that didn't had a M107, NVGoggles, Rangefinder (in the backpack), Coyote Backpack, the whole nine-yards. So i assume all 3 of them had similar gear. These are the type of people we need to combat with the logging off tricks / server hopping. As well as fighting bugs where when you do finally kill these guys, it's not certain you'll even get the spoils of war.

I think we need to limit the amount of food and water we can carry' date=' rather than horde every possible can of food and soda we come across. Let's say to 3 of each. I know this dosen't sound fair but i think it will make for a more intense gaming experience. This morning I was out of food and water, running through the woods seeking out zeds to kill, hoping that they would drop a single can of food before I started to starve to death

[/quote']

Dont think thats such a good idea, this will only increase the PVP in the game. Fun for experienced players, but a big bugger for starters. This way water puddles will become a death trap because there will be snipers camping.

There has to be a balance between experienced and new players. Now this is the case at the airports. Only Experienced players with good gear dare to explore these areas up north, knowing the risks. And less good players and starters roam the cities on the south.

I think there is big enough a challange in surviving. Don't think it's necessary to cut on food supplies

[/quote']

In an end of the world situation I'd be hording every bit of food, drink and ammo i could lay my hands on tbh

If the bear traps are as common as the tank trap kits and the barbed wire you won't be able to go fucken anywhere without 20 auto-injectors in your ALICE pack. Gonna be retarded as hell, sigh.

[/quote']

I am against this, food and water are fine they are. One should be able to decide if he wants 10 magazines or 5+5 food/water. If you die out of hunger/thirst, it's should be most likely your own fault.

There already was a better idea, where food and water become more and more scarce over time. It also depends on luck how much food/drinks you find. I found one supermarket with 20 food cans and no soda and another with 2 of both (in both times the items spawned while I looked at them from afar.

A lack of food and water would result - as your example proofs -in a rise of player kills. In addition this would work against the group idea, as you all need food and water.