rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

bear traps? haha oh this will be fun, now instead of barbed wire and tank traps in every doorway it'll be bear traps, way to go rocket *sigh*

@ Rocket - I've installed ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Patch 1.61+ BETA (Build 93965) and i still get the error message " This server is running an incorrect version of server side appliction. "

Do you have any other ideas i can try ?

* [NEW] Set Bear Traps that break player and infected legs' date=' kills animals, when activated

[/quote']

OMFG!!! <3<3<3<3<3<3

Maybe one can activate the trap with tin cans etc....

* [NEW] Set Bear Traps that break player and infected legs' date=' kills animals, when activated

[/quote']

I just jizzed in my pants..

@ Rocket - I've installed ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Patch 1.61+ BETA (Build 93965) and i still get the error message " This server is running an incorrect version of server side appliction. "

Do you have any other ideas i can try ?

See this page: http://dayz.sykotix.com/arma-ii-beta-client-install/

Copy that script in the main folder of ARMA2 OA and run the game from the script.

In the bottom right corner of the page it should say the build version 93965 if you installed the beta correctly.

But download the latest beta from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php there's a newer one there.

Or get the 6 updater from dayz site and start mod from the updater.

bear traps eh well could you at least give me the ability to pick up a stick so i can use it to set them off pls

bear traps eh well could you at least give me the ability to pick up a stick so i can use it to set them off pls

Yeah, sorta like Fallout 3...

If you are using ArmAX - just roll back to an earlier beta client for the moment.

you mean i need to install beta ARMA2_OA_93965 only?

or do i need to install also an ex version of DayZ?

Im a bit confused..

Also i downloaded the patch(1.60) from ARMA2 site that it is 700+mbs

What do i need to install now from mod and patches so i can play normally. Plz help... (I just bought ARMA2 X anniversary edition)

You'll obviously be able to dismantle the bear traps yourself, just like the tank traps and wire fences.

[/quote']

I just jizzed in my pants..

Don't say stupid shit.

If you are using ArmAX - just roll back to an earlier beta client for the moment.

you mean i need to install beta ARMA2_OA_93965 only?

or do i need to install also an ex version of DayZ?

Im a bit confused..

Also i downloaded the patch(1.60) from ARMA2 site that it is 700+mbs

What do i need to install now from mod and patches so i can play normally. Plz help...

Just download this (8mb), extract and install it!

ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_93965.zip

cheers

You'll obviously be able to dismantle the bear traps yourself' date=' just like the tank traps and wire fences.

[/quote']

The thing is how.

if it requires toolbox, then the mod will be broken and ruined IMO, they are already hard to come by.

If its done by any other means, like shooting, throwing cans or even use going to it and piking an opting to remove then i think it will be fine.

Either way, it would be great if we could jump over it... Nots like that high up or wide.

Thing is it will be used:

95% to block off buildings with good loot

4% to troll your friends

1% for animal killing.

I don't see the problem with bear traps so long as you can just 'Middle Mouse Button -> Disarm'. If you need a tool box which, for me at least, is impossible to find, then yeah no thanks.

I don't see the problem with bear traps so long as you can just 'Middle Mouse Button -> Disarm'. If you need a tool box which' date=' for me at least, is impossible to find, then yeah no thanks.

[/quote']

Extra points if it's set off by zombies or thrown bottles...

[/quote']

Looking forward to these! The perfect present to leave on top of a ladder... (Or around a staircase or water pump... Even better with barbed wire.)

I can also see this becoming a new focus for complaints for a lot of folks who fall victim to this...

[/quote']

Bear Traps!!! Why waste time on novelties like this? Just fix the bugs.

May i suggest removing the painkillers from your starting inventory? I feel there is a high enough percentage of them spawning from the loot table to make them unecessary. Also they are not critical to your survival as much as a bandage is.

target date please because i'm in the debug zone

I'd like one too if possible Rocket, target date was Monday and I've been in debug zone since Sat. Not bitching, I can do other stuff, but I'm having Day Z withdrawals. :P

[/quote']

There's no way this could end well. Especially if you're able to set them near Hotspots. However, I presume you already know this... *mumble*

*goes back to his corner*

How long should it take for a vehicle to respawn? I found an ATV and it was on it's side at the location where it spawns so I shot it up and it disappeared, i was hoping that meant it destroyed it and it was going to respawn but idk how long it takes. So how long ? :D

I just ran 26 km to get out of debug wilderness, down to 6k blood from thirst, if i had ran into a bear trap at the end of that i would have been the saddest survivor ever. But i love it for that reason.

whale whale whale.. maybe im not seeing the additional value, but im a little skeptic on the bear traps. GL Rocket

I thought 95% was focused on system issues and we would get a no-risk-tweeking-under-the-hood update... plans got changed i guess.

Lots of good bug reports here that should get the priority before traps imo.

Ok done crying convince me of these awesome traps gais!

If you spawn in the debug forest what direction do you run to get out?