rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

What do we want to do with fog folks? +/- the sound you make?

Why would fog make zombies hear better? I dont get it!

Sound travels further in fog and clearer due to the air being denser and having water droplets that help conduct the sound across.

I am in favour of the idea, it's another one of those oh that's neat features to the game when I'm explaining it to someone who isn't blown away by the graphics engine (Shallow people yes but I always advocate DayZ). It helps distinguish this game from the rest Rocket - keep it.

FN FAL too loud weapon to be preferable, even AKM is beter.

I would like to see radiostations in DayZ, so I can listen some talking on predefined chanels and maybe get friends. Cos curently, with global chat being disabled i dont have a chance to dialog someone. Those 40 meters of direct chat is a joke. I ussualy dont allow ppl to come closer then 800 meters and prepare to fight instead of talking...

Just lower other ambient sounds, such as birds during fog. The level of noise increased by fog would be next to unnoticeable inn real life.

As it has already been stated fog allows sound to travel further due to creating denser atmospheric conditions. Perhaps it should make sound travel further but muffle the sounds. So you can hear things sooner but it looses quality of sound.

Only one suggestion from me: make alternative ways to light a fire' date=' because finding matches is almost impossible...

[/quote']

There are also barrels around cities and military zones which you can light and use to cook. You don't even need matches to light them.

Only one suggestion from me: make alternative ways to light a fire' date=' because finding matches is almost impossible...

[/quote']

I hope your kidding, i don't think I've ever not had matches within 2 hours of playing.

Why would fog make zombies hear better? I dont get it!

I was thinking the same thing. It should make you harder to see.

To understand how sound spreads through fog - use google at least. And don't pass leasons at school.

They're not zombies, means not undead ppl. They're "infected", with basic instincts.

[/quote']

They can be found in supermarkets, plenty of them there.

J.

[/quote']

They can be found in supermarkets, plenty of them there.

J.

You can also light fuel drums without any matches or anything. There's always one at Stary Sober.

[/quote']

I hope your kidding, i don't think I've ever not had matches within 2 hours of playing.

He's right finding matches is a bitch yesterday i was searching for at least 6 hours

Honestly' date=' if no starter weapon of any sort is provided (what's wrong with starting with a hatchet?), then zombies need to be a little less sensitive to sight and sound, because otherwise the only way you don't take 12 years to get into a town by crawling on your belly the whole way is to just yell "cowabunga" (after all, you've got very little to lose) and sprint through town, drawing a train of zombies (and I don't find them easy to lose, either). Hardly something that anyone would do in a ZA.

[/quote']

The zombies respond fine.

And what if you had a marakov at start? Would you enter Cherno and defend youself with the marakov? 8 bullets versus 50 zombies + a lot of bandits armed to the teeth to snipe you out. You do the math..

I've been playing this game for a lot of hours now. When i was a newbie I kinda said the same thing as you do right now. Once you know where to search and you gain experience with zombies you will see that it is fairly easy to become heavily geared.

Another tip: get some usefull allies.

As the title says is the patch due out 2morrow. I'm booking a day off work to play this without the misses shouting.

Is their a patch update 2morrow as this time last week servers were crashing out every 10 - 30 mins?

As the title says is the patch due out 2morrow. I'm booking a day off work to play this without the misses shouting.

Is their a patch update 2morrow as this time last week servers were crashing out every 10 - 30 mins?

Teach her to play wow, you'll have all the time for gaming you want.

Teach her to play wow' date=' you'll have all the time for gaming you want.

[/quote']

I actually tried.... She's not got a clue!!!!

Besides some1 needs to look after the daughter :D

Honestly' date=' if no starter weapon of any sort is provided (what's wrong with starting with a hatchet?), then zombies need to be a little less sensitive to sight and sound, because otherwise the only way you don't take 12 years to get into a town by crawling on your belly the whole way is to just yell "cowabunga" (after all, you've got very little to lose) and sprint through town, drawing a train of zombies (and I don't find them easy to lose, either). Hardly something that anyone would do in a ZA.

[/quote']

The zombies respond fine.

And what if you had a marakov at start? Would you enter Cherno and defend youself with the marakov? 8 bullets versus 50 zombies + a lot of bandits armed to the teeth to snipe you out. You do the math..

I've been playing this game for a lot of hours now. When i was a newbie I kinda said the same thing as you do right now. Once you know where to search and you gain experience with zombies you will see that it is fairly easy to become heavily geared.

Another tip: get some usefull allies.

agree 100%, after playing for awhile you get the necessary gear pretty fast.

Had much fun with the new patch this weekend. Definitely more difficult, but enjoyable.

Some Suggestions:

Storing Guns/Disappearing Items in Backpack

- It would be great to be able store a rifle/sidearm in my bag for later while using a hatchet for general exploring. Maybe it could take up a significant portion of the bag, so as to avoid hoarding. I don't think this would give the survivors too great an advantage and would allow more tactical options to the player. At the very least take away the option to move the gun to the backpack, as all it does now is make guns/tools disappear.

Starting Weapons

- While I agree that the lack of a starting weapon can make for a more exciting game, I think right now it encourages frustration and banditry more. The players are so vulnerable at spawn, it seems to create a lot more "false starts" (Games that end after the first zombie/bandit attack).

A Makarov with 6 clips is too much, but a Makarov with 1 clip would allow a player at least a chance to defend themselves against a single attack by bandit or zombie; and maybe make those sadistic players hanging around the beaches ready to pop those who spawn defenselessy think twice.

- Randomized Spawn Loot

Right now everyone starts the same items, but what if each player started with something different. Maybe one character starts with some baked beans and another starts with a morphine. Assuming these players aren't sadistic murderers, I think this opens the door for more cooperation. Just a thought.

Thanks for the hard work, look forward to playing more in the future.

Before posting (or replying) about how hard (or easy) is the game, you should do this consideration: people perception of the difficulty is extremely different.

For certain people:

- do not finding a certain tool (or weapon) within the first 15 minutes of gameplay;

- being aggroed by zeds if they run that "far away" (15 meters in perfect visibility);

- unable to headshot a running zed or player;

- impossible to see at the night without illumination;

...it is conseidered HARD (or even impossible), because they are used to play the traditional FPS, where the learning curve is much much much much more easier than DayZ (or Arma2 in general).

So reading this thread it's like reading ppl playing two completely different games... nope the game is the same, and it is a tough game, you need to learn it before judge it.

My only suggestion is: before making any post, be sure to play it AT LEAST for a whole week (intensely), because then you have more than idea on what's the game mechanic here, and you may start to figure that this is NOT a traditional FPS. I'm not saying that you will like it (in fact you may abandon it, because for certain players this is so boring), but you'll have a better idea of what's this about.

* [FIXED] Use of "allMissionObjects" causing performance issue on clients (new engine command "entities" used to improve FPS on clients)

[/quote']

He's right finding matches is a bitch yesterday i was searching for at least 6 hours

On Saturday I literally looted every single apartment, church, and general store from Elektro to Vybor and not found matches. I eventually died due to a zombie knocking me out through a wall because I had low enough blood and couldn't cook the full inventory of meat I had. Matches...the giver of life.

[/quote']

On Saturday I literally looted every single apartment, church, and general store from Elektro to Vybor and not found matches. I eventually died due to a zombie knocking me out through a wall because I had low enough blood and couldn't cook the full inventory of meat I had. Matches...the giver of life.

I guess you're just unfortunate. I could give you a package since i got two packages lol :)

Also' date=' does anyone know if the bandit heartbeat thing is working properly? What is the minimum distance required, if any? Also, does this mechanic work even on name tag disabled servers?

[/quote']

I can confirm that the heartbeat mechanic is working and that the distance is somewhere between about 5 and 10 meters. Also, I think it's really cool, cheers rocket! :)