rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

Personally, I like how they changed the loot/no weapon/etc. system. A couple days ago, when started playing 1.7.1.5, I was trying to start playing and was dyeing like 3-4 times per hour. Then on my ~5th play, I found a Crossbow! And from that very moment, everything came into place - no zombie agroes, clearing the area became MUCH more easier. The game actually became FUN, from that point. I even found two crashed down helicopters, and after 10 min, another TWO!!! I went in and out of the crash site, almost not killing anything. Took my time, but got very nice loot!

I could not believe my luck, and as my crossbow skill increased everything became easier. I kind of attached myself with the game, I can feel it, know where i CAN and CAN'T go or crawl.

What i want to say - everything depends on your play style, if you want to go into Cherno swinging guns and shooting everything - then you should have loads of ammo at that moment. If you want to go in stealth - you better prepare yourself for a very long gameplay.

Here is the part when i found the crashed choppers :)

(BUG) So I know its tiny and rather insignificant... but how about that unconscious hour glass? Might take what... a few mins to fix? ;D

(Feature) Or Maybe hitting respawn actually respawns you?

Note: I would post on the dev site... but atm I am too lazy/tired to register.

I might as well make a broad statement that 99% of people that say "it's your fault" were probably having fun taking pot-shots at unarmed survivors with the gear that they kept from before the patch update' date=' because hey, after all they cant shoot back with a flash-light, can they!?

[/quote']

And when you die and other people have already reached Stary or other towns, you want to get rid of their weapons again?

Mate, sorry but pretty stupid idea!

Yes i'm sorry that im playing this mod since the start of may and just died about 6 times, but maybe this comes from my playstyle!

I'm kind of confused about the whole getting shot/eaten on the beach thing. I never got shot right after beeing spawned (and I spawned a lot of times). Furthermore Zombies can be avoided or lost. Certainly not beeing some badass or the best DayZ player' date=' I usually survive long enough to find a weapon and some supplies.

Only thing I can think of that gets you killed at the start is running into Cherno or Electro right away. I don't think you are doing this all the time, but maybe you should think about changing your tactics anyways. Just get used to crawling ;)

[/quote']

You never met our coast guard PBX patrol during the night then.

its always "survivors = butt hurt" and "bandits = mentally unstable" isn't it...

there isnt a real goal to this game, so no one is winning, just surviving...

Only one suggestion from me: make alternative ways to light a fire, because finding matches is almost impossible...

Yesterday on LU12 me and a friend where standing in the wilderness.

He was standing right to me, and from one secound to the other the chat was spammed with xx was killed, xxx was killed, xxyx was killed, so like 8 people died at a short ammount of time, we where talking about it in teamspeak and then my friend just died. He disnt move, there where no enemy players or zeds arround, he just died, and his body disseappeed in like 5 secounds.

I had no chance to save his stuff, all gone.

I think there must be a abuse or hack wich allowes people to just instant kill players on a server.

Please investigate this as fast as possible !!

He was standing right to me' date=' and from one secound to the other the chat was spammed with xx was killed, xxx was killed, xxyx was killed, so like 8 people died at a short ammount of time, we where talking about it in teamspeak and then my friend just died. He disnt move, there where no enemy players or zeds arround, he just died, and his body disseappeed in like 5 secounds.

I think there must be a abuse or hack wich allowes people to just instant kill players on a server.

[/quote']

yea the same happened to me and 2 friends, but we heard and see buildings blowup first, then next min, we're all dead, hate cheats and haxs, they just ruin games, tbh they need to get laid more often

Only one suggestion from me: make alternative ways to light a fire' date=' because finding matches is almost impossible...

[/quote']

Try to find it in supermarkets!

Yesterday I saw few boxes in electro and other supermarkets.

With most games players want to win, or be the best. Surviving without a gun can be just as satisfying if not more more exhilarating. This is a harsh game which creates memorable stories and is why it is so successful, but it is not for everyone. There is NO GOAL or END to this game.

In the last game I played that same pistol I found in the shed was lost because I was running through the woods pitch black, changed to my torch when suddenly realising I dropped my pistol to the ground (Instead of clearing 5 spots in backpack I dropped to ground to switch to torch with the obvious intentions to pick it back up). I spent the next 10 minutes searching the ground for my gun. I did not find it. This was pretty frustrating but at the same time I also somehow appreciated it I should have known better. What other game is so punishing that if you make a mistake with your inventory management you could drop your gun in the dark and lose it forever.

"You'll have to be clear on what's a "wrong place and wrong time" as it seems going anywhere at any time falls into that spectrum."

Sure it was broad, but there is always another way. Always something you could have done differently. Sure you can have bad luck, but you can definately decrease the chances of death from anything in the game.

Only one suggestion from me: make alternative ways to light a fire' date=' because finding matches is almost impossible...

[/quote']

Not sure why, I usually find a set or two in every market I come across.

It literally comes down to this:

-I need a map/matches/compass/watch/general equipment, you hit a market, church, pub, and apartment building.

-I need a good starter weapons, you hit barns, pubs, apartment buildings, and markets.

-I need something better than a starter weapon and some of the more rare equipment (GPS/Shovels/etc), hit fire stations, deer stands, and military buildings.

-I need medical supplies, you hit a hospital, or in desperate situations, you hit deer stands.

-I need camo or a tent, best places to look is a market, pub, or apartment building. Camo can literally spawn in any residential building/loot pile (farms/barns are a whole different story, and for some reason military clothing doesn't spawn in any military area except for crashed helicopters).

That's it, no more, no less. I don't see what the issue is with spawning without much now. With what we were given before, you could pretty much run from the coast all the way to the top of the map with little or no issues from the zombies or the environment. With the pistol you started with before, all you had to do was run right through a town and pull all the zombies into a building. After that it was headshot after headshot until they were all dead. After that, you could basically loot the smaller towns no problem.

Last time I did so, ended up with an Alice pack, food, soda, medical supplies, all my Makarov magazines, PLUS some more. First deer stand out of the town, picked up an AK-74. I'm glad things take time to do stuff now.

Might be a bug:

- after getting knocked unconscious and waking up again, my infection was cured (not that I'd complain, I hate being infected with such a low spawn rate of antibiotics :P)

Can you add the version number to the debug monitor so you can see which youtube video shows valid gameplay.

can we get a fix to the inventory bugs soon? I'm talking about putting things into people's full backpack = item destroyed. Same deal with tents. It's quite frustrating when you put some stuff into a tent that's full but you can't see it's full and it doesn't tell you :'( You have to sit there playing accountant working out how much stuff is in the tent.

can we get a fix to the inventory bugs soon? I'm talking about putting things into people's full backpack = item destroyed. Same deal with tents. It's quite frustrating when you put some stuff into a tent that's full but you can't see it's full and it doesn't tell you :'( You have to sit there playing accountant working out how much stuff is in the tent.

It gets dropped around the tent. In about 5 meters radius. Crouch and slowly walk around with your head down. You should find most of the stuff.

Of have a second guy using binoculars on you from 100 meters. Grass doesn't get drawn anymore onthat distance and he can guide you to the stuff you can't see because of the grass.

He was standing right to me' date=' and from one secound to the other the chat was spammed with xx was killed, xxx was killed, xxyx was killed, so like 8 people died at a short ammount of time, we where talking about it in teamspeak and then my friend just died. He disnt move, there where no enemy players or zeds arround, he just died, and his body disseappeed in like 5 secounds.

[/quote']

yea the same happened to me and 2 friends, but we heard and see buildings blowup first, then next min, we're all dead, hate cheats and haxs, they just ruin games, tbh they need to get laid more often

[/quote']

Try to find it in supermarkets!

Yesterday I saw few boxes in electro and other supermarkets.

But remember - in big cities: You can find a bullet in your head, instead of box of matches...

After respawn - go straight North. North woods, safest place to live at, IMHO: no annoying sniper shots, almost no players.

*Since a zombie spawned, DO NOT despawn him within 10 minutes or even more.

*Each zombie must have his own,personal respawn timer, triggered after his death, for example Rnd(5-10) minutes.

Yeah, I quickly went far up north, to leave the south "deathmatch" zone - so no supermarket for me now. And I also got some real bad luck, I cannot find any food in barns and other residental. So I got a hunting knife, so raw meat but no fire...

Yeah' date=' I quickly went far up north, to leave the south "deathmatch" zone - so no supermarket for me now. And I also got some real bad luck, I cannot find any food in barns and other residental. So I got a hunting knife, so raw meat but no fire...

[/quote']

Try Vybor, Pustoshka, and Polana. All are up north and all have supermarkets.

Yeah' date=' I quickly went far up north, to leave the south "deathmatch" zone - so no supermarket for me now. And I also got some real bad luck, I cannot find any food in barns and other residental. So I got a hunting knife, so raw meat but no fire...

[/quote']

Go to Barn, shoot infected, loot 'em for food. Usually their bodies store some box of beans.

What do we want to do with fog folks? +/- the sound you make?

Why would fog make zombies hear better? I dont get it!

Why would fog make zombies hear better? I dont get it!

I was thinking the same thing. It should make you harder to see.