rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

Apparently the forum is borked' date=' it keeps making my posts disappear.

[/quote']

Mine too.. I posted a new comment, and it showed up a page behind.

Thought it was just me.. :p

Edit: This one too.. weird, I wonder if it's based on time or something.. :/

Nerf bleeding, Buff zombie damage.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=18599

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Concerning fog, dont bother with sound, the sound difference is negligable in reality and certainly not worth the work for the game. But it would be nice if all ambiant sounds stopped while there is fog. Also, visibility for players when running and crouching shouldn't be higher than 2 bars at any time in a thick fog.

Also, make the fog close enough to the player so it doesnt look like its acutally a lame ass fog of war.

Also, clouds, change them when there is fog.

today i expirienced some extreme server lag/overload.

my borther and i had on any kind of server the problem of moonwalking/ut of sync with lootable backpacks etc and after 2-3 minutes its getting resynced and a big red list appears for all player that they are loosing connection. then it works again for 10 sec.

never had this so often.

Plus' date=' we have 200km x 200km of space.

[/quote']

Math fail? That would be 40,000 sq. km., not 225 sq. km.

I think morphine spawns/rates are fine' date=' it is just that leg breaking is too common that this issue arises.

[/quote']

No, they are not fine. They WERE fine in 1.7.0.

* [FIXED] Object cleanup causing significant (huge) performance issue on servers (reduced by up to 50%' date=' means more players + zombies possible)

Bring on 75 player servers please!

[/quote']

Really? You actually want more players per server? Not me, I'd prefer less. I run into enough idiots shooting at me on 30 or 40-player servers, why would more be a good thing? I'm being serious, what's the point of even more people running around? Especially when most players gripe about other players enough as it is! :)

I get on a server with only 10 to 15 people and it's relative peace and quiet and I can actually loot and survive a bit and not run into a bunch of idiot yahoos around every freakin' corner. I get on a full, well-populated server with 30 or 40 people or more and I'm suddenly getting shot at (and sniped at) nearly everywhere I go, or run over by cars! Maybe it's just me, but no thanks to that noise.

agreed.

please more maps :D

Please, more watches!

I only have 10 per arm, and need more to put on my legs.

I was disappointed to read that' date=' really. It seemed kind of spiteful.

[/quote']

If you don't like "spiteful" then you should stop playing now. This is the guy who thought it would be fun to spawn people without guns, ammo, food or drink while making the zombies more potent, aggressive and plentiful. And he made food and drink rarer.

So, I guess the next release he'll be really nice and maybe put spa baths around the place with naked chicks (and dudes).

* [FIXED] Object cleanup causing significant (huge) performance issue on servers (reduced by up to 50%' date=' means more players + zombies possible)

[/quote']

Really? You actually want more players per server? Not me, I'd prefer less. I run into enough idiots shooting at me on 30 or 40-player servers, why would more be a good thing? I'm being serious, what's the point of even more people running around? Especially when most players gripe about other players enough as it is! :)

I get on a server with only 10 to 15 people and it's relative peace and quiet and I can actually loot and survive a bit and not run into a bunch of idiot yahoos around every freakin' corner. I get on a full, well-populated server with 30 or 40 people or more and I'm suddenly getting shot at (and sniped at) nearly everywhere I go, or run over by cars! Maybe it's just me, but no thanks to that noise.

I don't think that's rocket's fault that people play like that. He's not responsible for human nature. Using less populated servers is sort of cheating. It's quite likely that there won't be many in the future anyway.

I feel like you need to make so zombies dont aggro from 100 yards + some times and if you get one zombie and 30 sec later 20 zombies.

[/quote']

That makes it too easy. No one would ever die except the brand new players who are still learning the ropes and the 2 idiots shooting each other in Cherno.

Better to have more zombies then players. More spread out, a few in open fields and such, just to remind us that nowhere is safe

I was disappointed to read that' date=' really. It seemed kind of spiteful.

[/quote']

[/quote']

Really? You actually want more players per server? Not me, I'd prefer less. I run into enough idiots shooting at me on 30 or 40-player servers,

Using less populated servers is sort of cheating.

cheating? what? how do you figure that?

Better to have more zombies then players. More spread out' date=' a few in open fields and such, just to remind us that nowhere is safe

[/quote']

Yeah thats fine, as long as 15 more done instantly spawn after you gun them down... thats one of my major gripes.

I went into a small farm today... two whole houses and a barn. A zombie spots me I shoot him, then 14 more show up!?... from where exactly. A minute ago there were only 3 roaming around...

That has got to be fixed. I ran out of ammo and had to use my hatchet because they just kept comming.

I think morphine spawns/rates are fine' date=' it is just that leg breaking is too common that this issue arises.

[/quote']

No, they are not fine. They WERE fine in 1.7.0.

Yeah morphine is rare now, and i noticed that just by having someone run into you walking will break bone. As crawling in/out doorways will do the same.

[/quote']

Buddy this is a PVP game not a PVE game, if you think zombies are any sort of threat you need to re evaluate how you play the game.

Hell on average before I died wether its voluntary respawn to go meet friends or being killed in pvp I generally have 300+ zombie kills.

That his no rare feat either, I have seen people with 2000+

Zombies just are not a threat.

Why play the game without people? If it were possible I would play on a 200 person server and let the good times roll.

Really? You actually want more players per server? Not me' date=' I'd prefer less. I run into enough idiots shooting at me on 30 or 40-player servers, why would [i']more be a good thing? I'm being serious, what's the point of even more people running around? Especially when most players gripe about other players enough as it is! :)

nmeusg.jpg

PVP is the fabric that holds DayZ together. Without it, this game would be little more than a zombie-themed grind-fest. You don't have to be a bandit to realize this.

If there's little-to-no chance of PVP encounters, then here's the game-winning strategy:

1. Group up with at least one other player.

2. Have your friend wait on the edge of the town as you go in and aggro all zeds away from all enter-able structures.

3. Your friend is then free to casually stroll in and loot everything in sight without any resistance.

4. To lose the zeds, a) run into a building and kill/lose line-of-sight of the zeds or b) let your friend pick them off from a distance.

5. Rinse and repeat for all cities/towns/airfields until you have accumulated the best gear and all vehicles.

tl;dr DayZ without PVP = fucking boring

Better to have more zombies then players. More spread out' date=' a few in open fields and such, just to remind us that nowhere is safe

[/quote']

Yeah thats fine, as long as 15 more done instantly spawn after you gun them down... thats one of my major gripes.

I went into a small farm today... two whole houses and a barn. A zombie spots me I shoot him, then 14 more show up!?... from where exactly. A minute ago there were only 3 roaming around...

That has got to be fixed. I ran out of ammo and had to use my hatchet because they just kept comming.

Mmm, ran into a similar situation. Found a deer stand in the middle of nowhere. Staked it out for a couple minutes to get a head count on infected and possibly get the drop on some hapless survivor looking to get their grubby hands on what is rightfully my loot... :P

Long story short, I observed three infected ambling about near the deer stand, alas no survivors, made my way over, lost sight of two of the infected while I crawled through some vegetation and of course one of them stumbled over me.

Sprinted up to the deer stand and went up the ladder as if belzebub himself was on my tail. The infected chasing me poked his head over the edge and was greeted with a load of buckshot in the face. Suddenly there was 3-4 infected at the base of the deer stand scrambling to get their pound of flesh.

It seemed as if every bang of of my trusty boomstick heralded, not the death (this time permanent) of an infected, rather the birth of 2-3 new infected. After what felt like an eternity the noise finally stopped. The area around and the deer stand itself was knee deep in bodies. I had gone through all my buckshot, and most of my slugs. There must have been 15-16 bodies, if not more since bodies seems to vanish rather quickly these days, littering the area.

I looked over the siding of the deer stand into the desolate wilderness, scratching my head; where did all these infected come from?

I didn't like 1.7.1 and beyond. Not trying to QQ, just add feedback as a tester with 50 hours + and a few week long lives. I got a fair way into the game, almost to the leaderboards. Kitted out etc.

Got 1.7.1.5. I was proned in Stary at 11:30pm server time, a zed saw me through a tent, *teleported*, didn't run, over and one-hit, KO'd me and I bled out. I had ~9K blood (didn't know lower blood meant you got KO'd :( ). That isn't suspenseful, it's just dumb. I know detection isn't 100% atm and it's still bugged, but it wrecked the game currently for me.

I started again. No gun is interesting, but combined with zeds in structures now, is just silly. It doesn't make it harder (well it does, but it's easy to combat still), just a hell of a lot more time consuming. Combined with ninja-zombies e.g I was crouch walking outside a barn at about 1am server time, the zeds in the barn fucking HEARD me, aggro'd and chased me. Lost them quite easily, but the fact is the stealth aspect is fucked, and it's basically gone.

The game now is:

Sprint in, aggro, lose them, loot.

Repeat.

I see no point in sneaking, even proning, as they just see me regardless. Zeds see me even when they aren't looking. They aggro when I'm proned on the other side of a building. It's just sprint everywhere and lose with the new LoS mechanic.

Starting without a gun is cool and all, I can cope with it just fine, but I honestly don't know why the difficulty needed to be upped for starting ones' life. The difficulty needed to be added on survival. THAT'S the easy part. Starting out probably already was the most difficult bit.

Re: super detection, my suggestion is that if you are detected via auditory means (heard), that they merely INVESTIGATE the source. If it's REALLY loud (i.e gunshot, full sprint), then they run to said location. Otherwise just normal pace.

And remove from inside structures. It's just frustrating meaning you have to prone it all the way somewhere else or just sprint around like a 'tard and lose them, which is just tedious.

Still love the idea of the game, I'll just be waiting until future updates (hopefully which correct the current issues) to play again.

tl;dr

Game is now sprint around, get aggro and lose them then loot. Stealth is gone, and there is no point sneaking. Zeds in structures is stupid. GG.

I really hope rocket sees this --

2 Bugs iv noticed.

1. Hunger and thirst reset every time I log back in to a server. I never have to eat or drink. Is anyone else having this issue?

2. Today I noticed stuff was written all over my map and I did not put it there. Is this being written by someone in the server? Why is it showing up on my map? It had helicopter locations on it etc.

Also just a quick comment about ZEDS. In 1.7.1.4 the zombies were equally dangerous with bandits and in most cases MORE dangerous. This was a GOOD thing. It meant people thought twice before they shot their gun. It meant teaming up was more desirable. The zombies in 1.7.5 literally seem like NOTHING was ever done to them. They are pathetic again. I'm walking right past them in broad daylight! It takes no skill. Please tweak their view distance at least back up a little bit.

I've just experienced this rather annoying bug/exploit that some people have been talking about.

I killed a guy near the tents in Stary. Join and disconnect messages were disabled, but kill messages were not. I checked the player list a few seconds afterwards and see that he disconnected. He reconnected a minute later and spawned back in near where I had killed him, with all his equipment. I wasn't able to get another shot at him as he had a terribly laggy connection and kept warping. He got away and left the server for good (probably to continue server hopping for loot.) Went down to check where I killed him and found his corpse, at least it didn't disappear like I've heard some complain about.

This really needs to be fixed, it's no wonder some people fall victim to server ghosting, where they change servers to move before logging back in.

I wish we spawned with a hatchet or crowbar. Thats basically my only gripe right now. Maybe the fact that they can hear me through Papier-mâché walls. That gets a little old at times.

I've just experienced this rather annoying bug/exploit that some people have been talking about.

I killed a guy near the tents in Stary. Join and disconnect messages were disabled' date=' but kill messages were not. I checked the player list a few seconds afterwards and see that he disconnected. He reconnected a minute later and spawned back in near where I had killed him, with all his equipment. I wasn't able to get another shot at him as he had a terribly laggy connection and kept warping. He got away and left the server for good (probably to continue server hopping for loot.) Went down to check where I killed him and found his corpse, at least it didn't disappear like I've heard some complain about.

This really needs to be fixed, it's no wonder some people fall victim to server ghosting, where they change servers to move before logging back in.

[/quote']

Is this due to the kill info not getting to the master server before the guy gets back in again? Must be.

Playing the 1.7.1.5 alpha and I ended up dying from zombies hitting me through the walls of a barrack in the NW airfield. Also I was firing several shots into zombies head/chest and they were just shrugging it off like they weren't killed so I had to waste several shots to kill a single zombie, thus attracting a damn fleet of psychic zombies to me.

Zombies are too aware of their surroundings, picking up movement and sound from too far away. Top that off with zombies that apparently are equipped with flack-jackets and flack-foreheads and you have a really damn annoying zombie party.

Do Zeds still see through walls? I was crawling past a barn and a Zed agrod on me from the top level.

I was crawling to (3-4m away) another barn (smaller one) and a Zed spawned inside. Though he couldn't see me, he started walking out as I crawled around the corner and he agro'd and teleported on me. I broke his LOS and entered the barn and bandaged myself. Despite breaking LOS and being prone he was still agro'd and was trying to enter the barn through a slotted window. He and a friend glitched through the window and I had to kill them.

Broke both my legs trying to climb up one of those lookout towers (not the deer stands) as I couldn't enter it and fell upon reaching the top.

Ridiculous amount of Zeds in some towns as well.

Otherwise it's been good.

I killed a guy near the tents in Stary. Join and disconnect messages were disabled' date=' but kill messages were not. I checked the player list a few seconds afterwards and see that he disconnected. He reconnected a minute later and spawned back in near where I had killed him, with all his equipment. I wasn't able to get another shot at him as he had a terribly laggy connection and kept warping. He got away and left the server for good (probably to continue server hopping for loot.) Went down to check where I killed him and found his corpse, at least it didn't disappear like I've heard some complain about.

[/quote']

I've had this bug happening since 1.5 (when i started playing). So it's not the latest bunch of fixes (not that u said it was)