Rough89

Stop modeling DayZ after 28Days Later

Why are people having such a hard time avoiding zombies? I don't even go prone and they never fucking spot me. I raided the whole of Berenzino solo today without alerting a single zed and without going prone once. It really isn't that fucking hard.

This isn't a zombie FPS, this is a apocalypse simulator. You aren't supposed to be able to be a fucking ninja that no one can hear. Running makes sound, zombies get attracted to sound. Deal with it

Why are people having such a hard time avoiding zombies? I don't even go prone and they never fucking spot me. I raided the whole of Berenzino solo today without alerting a single zed and without going prone once. It really isn't that fucking hard.

2-bullshit.gif

Do you really think zombies are gonna run this fast if a zombie apocalypse happens? And since this is a apocalypse "simulator" i ask you, Go outside, and try to "Crouch walk". You can be VERY silent with very little effort.

Zeds are too easy man.

I love the idea of increasing their gunshot range, but having an investigate state before full aggro.

I love the idea of making the large cities no go areas without friends and serious hardware. Think walking dead series 1.

I hate the bugs that I am sure will be sorted (hitting through walls, slowing down when entering buildings).

I hate their zig zagging - arma2 engine cant handle this and you are forced to run into buildings to exploit zombie entering building bug.

Prone is seriously bugged right now. Being able to be seen in wide open/bright areas makes sense. The hearing is the problem, slow crawling should NEVER make noise, being prone and crawling slow is as slow as you can move in this game, the only other thing you can do is sit still and that's not a solution, that's a way to die. Not to mention you can't even slow crawl with a new character without a rifle. it just forces you to crawl fast no matter what. Makes grabbing a gun almost impossible unless you purposefully aggro zombies and lose them away from your loot spot. Plus, several times I've actually been harder to see crouched than prone, and that makes no sense at all.

Only thing that should be fixed is Zed zig zag evade sprint,they're hearing through walls and weird attack positioning around player.

Also I crwal like 10 metres from some zed in 1.7.1.5 and he doesn't notices me...they are only dangerous 'coz of glitches as somebody alredy mentioned.

The entire lot of you whining about the zombies are pathetic. No one cares if you think zombies should be slow. Go play some other game and have yer mum hold yer hand...

The zombies move perfectly slow inside buildings. What a joke of a thread...hope I see some of you on Atlanta 93. Would you prefer I walk to you then shoot you, or would running be ok?

GTFO

Zeds WILL be losing their hyper senses in a later patch. Rocket has confirmed that their super hearing/sight are a result of a raycast detection bug not working right with walls, and it'll be fixed after 1.7.2 or so.

There are ways around this and it's not that big of a problem.

You can actually walk, not run, through hordes of zombies without being detected. Just pay attention to them and where they're going. You can even sit outside a town and let most of the zombies wonder out in fields. Use a hatchet if you aggro one or two zombies. They die with one hit. If you must shoot, kite them out of town and away from other zombies and choose a gun that isn't the loudest possible option. You can even lose zombies by running up and down hills and mountains. You can toss tin cans to distract zombies and move them away from your path. There are countless things you can do. It's not hard. It takes practice but zombies become less and less threatening.

My only problem is the weird spawning I've been seeing lately. Sometimes and endless string of zombies will come at you even if you're in a barn in the middle of nowhere. Seems more like a bug in their respawn than anything.

There are ways around this and it's not that big of a problem.

You can actually walk' date=' not run, through hordes of zombies without being detected. Just pay attention to them and where they're going. You can even sit outside a town and let most of the zombies wonder out in fields. Use a hatchet if you aggro one or two zombies. They die with one hit. If you must shoot, kite them out of town and away from other zombies and choose a gun that isn't the loudest possible option. You can even lose zombies by running up and down hills and mountains. You can toss tin cans to distract zombies and move them away from your path. There are countless things you can do. It's not hard. It takes practice but zombies become less and less threatening.

My only problem is the weird spawning I've been seeing lately. Sometimes and endless string of zombies will come at you even if you're in a barn in the middle of nowhere. Seems more like a bug in their respawn than anything.

[/quote']

I thought Antibiotics are only necessary when you get a cold from having a low temperature

Since when do zombies actually infect you???

I really do not recognize all what you are saying. Zed seem very easy to me; once I got to know them.

It's no problem to loot a town during the daytime. I crouch-walk, go slow, keep situational awareness by looking around and I stick to the buildings. Sticking close to the structures reduces your visibility to almost zero. I try to always keep +/- 10 mtrs between myself and the Zed.

It's true that they hit much harder now. I keep some extra bandages in my backpack so I can deal with that. I haven't been hit so hard that my legs broke or something, so I wouldn't know about that. Up to now the damage has been manageable... *knocks on wood*.

I hope you'll have better luck soon, wish you the best.

Exactly, and even being sick is bugged...log off and hop on a daytime server. It usually goes away (though this is a bug and will be fixed).

If you have problems with the zombies, then I really feel sorry for you when it comes to bandits and whatnot, lol.

This is very interesting, because my experience with the Zed has been phenomenally different. Aside from having my legs broken by the Zed and their general glitchiness (seeing/hearing through walls, moving through objects, ect...) they're incredibly easy to handle. I'm smacked around by Zed constantly and usually the first hit I take of every life gets me bleeding but the ones after that usually don't do anything but damage. Not to mention that lots of the things you've said are confirmed to be bugs, unintentional or are changing in an upcoming patch.

didnotreadlol1.gif

This explains how everyone should have reacted to the OP.

Essentially. If you agreed with the OP, you're just as misinformed as the OP when it comes to the design intent for the game. Search the forums, look for ROCKETS posts... AND NO ONE ELSES..

REad... learn... absorb... THEN create valid suggestions that won't get you laughed out of your parents basement..

I personally LOVE my parents' basement and wouldn't want to get laughed out of there.