CowJustice

Whats with this Shoot on sight mentality?

Seriously guys, this is ridiculous. I have a saline bag in my hand coming up to a random saying in chat "Bro I gotchu" and he unloads into me. 

Next spawn: get some extra pistols, find new "friends" that i give the pistols to. Find an m4a1 with a clip. The "friends" other friends show up (total of 6 people). I go up and tell them I hooked them up, killed me. 

next spawn: literally guy has nothing but gloves, I have nothing. Comes up and just beats the living hell out of me because I'm playing a black character. 

Why is everyone so mean?

I have a saline bag in my hand coming up to a random saying in chat "Bro I gotchu" and he unloads into me. 

Rule #1. Always have the upper hand. It's not smart to run right toward an armed person. If you want to help someone, make them drop their weapons, tie them up, then give them a bag. Rushing right towards them yelling is bound to get you killed.

Next spawn: get some extra pistols, find new "friends" that i give the pistols to. Find an m4a1 with a clip. The "friends" other friends show up (total of 6 people). I go up and tell them I hooked them up, killed me. 

That's going to happen sometimes. Again, always have the upper hand. Don't be dumb.

next spawn: literally guy has nothing but gloves, I have nothing. Comes up and just beats the living hell out of me because I'm playing a black character. 

Yes, he totally killed you for that reason. That's not true at all; you're a threat, even when you're unarmed. Plus, if he kept you alive, he has to share. Again, you weren't being smart; always have the upper hand.

Why is everyone so mean?

Welcome to DayZ. Enjoy your stay, and try not to die.

• Like 4

Welcome to DayZ.

The KOS mentality will never change unless the devs implement some game mechanics to dissuade people from doing it.

They have already tried with a few things. For example:

1. Bullets damage gear. So unless you can get a headshot, it's better to hold someone up. Otherwise you end up with ruined gear.

2. You can only take blood from people that are alive. So again, it's better to hold them up for their blood, instead of just KOSing them for the lulz.

But... unless they add some real systems (like the old bandit/hero system), DayZ will never be more than a shoot on sight frag fest.

Edited by TinyWeeny

Why is everyone so mean?

It's ok little Tim Tim... You could try joining a gaming community.

Sadly, people that KoS are gonna be around for a long long time, You just gotta live with it.

Comes up and just beats the living hell out of me because I'm playing a black character. 

Lol, how did you arrive at that conclusion?

Lol, how did you arrive at that conclusion?

because he was screaming "DIE N****R DIEEEEE"

but seriously. In the mod I always shot on sight. I'm just trying to be a nice guy, but apparently, its just too much trouble. And according to everyone here, being nice isn't the way to go. So gonna kill everyone :D

My reason is simple:

I have nothing else to do. I have my M4, 150 bulltet and armor... What can i do next? Nothing expect player hunting.

On my wish list are missions like in the mod wasteland. Then there are random events like a crashed aircraft,

you can go there and loot, but you have to be worried about the other players who also be on the way to the aircraft.

Then you are contributing to the issue and have no rights to complain.

Beans revoked. :emptycan:

Exactly the problem. I try to be nice, but always watch my six...

Maybe rocket needs to add a magical forcefield so players cant shoot each other, then we can all be happy and friends and build houses with lil gardens with big flowers :)

your best bet is to look for a clan/gaming group.

I play with a clan and we don't always SOS we have actually dropped food and water for new players. And then again not many people want to tangle with 5-10+ people all armed to the teeth 

The fact is that people are by far the best source of the vital food and drink that you just don't find if you happen to spawn into a server thats been up more than twenty minutes.

Now thats actually not unrealistic.

A few months after day zero everywhere would have been looted and ambushing other surviors would offer your best chance to get resources.

Your greatest chance for survival would be to team up with a trusted group and raid everyone else... pretty much the way our distant ancestors did.

Yeah, i wouldnt "rush" another player like that, let alone enter within 10 metres of another player unannouced, sounds like you were asking for it TBH. For other stuff, ive posted a possible solution in the suggestion forum, maybe you should check it out.

Edited by RileyDanger

Me personally, I hate shooting on sight but From time to time I do it because of the situation I am in. Its even harder now that I broke my mic hah. I've helped out a few bambie's though so I feel good about myself. Do you know if there will be a bandit and hero skin like in the mod?

I would be perfectly happy if I didn't have to KoS, but to often the other guy has malicious plans for your encounter. If you don't KoS other players, I would guess that 85% to 95% of them would beat you over the head as soon as you turned your back to them. Very first day I was playing I ran across a guy on the coast... I was in all starter gear except for a motorcycle helmet I happened to find. I stop and waved (F1), he waved back, and we both went our separate ways. Sure enough at the next car I stopped at to look through, I started getting hit in the back, as I turned to face my attacker... it was the same guy I had just waved to not 30 seconds earlier. 

So now I just say to myself, "Better To Be Safe Then Sorry" as I'm pulling the trigger.

Edited by Kegaro
  • Like 1

I hope they dont bring back the bandit / hero system. It made no sense that other players could guess your mentality just by looking at you, and not everyone who is untrustworthy dresses like a terrorist / insurgent or whatever. If anything it contributed to the KoS mentality because people were less likely to interact, given they could already 'see' if someone was good / bad.