Sign in to follow this  
D4ngrs

Weapon-Damage way too high!

I think, the weapon-damage is way too high sometimes. I got shot by a pistol 3 times on 3 new, different and fully healthy characters and was instant dead all 3 times. A Friend of mine just needed like 5 shots to take revenge for me.
I know that I did not get shot to the head, I saw for like a millisecond that I started bleeding at the lower back.

What is this? How can I get oneshotted at the back with full blood and health while my friends needs like 5 shots to kill someone?

edit: for everyone who cant read my other posts here: I GOT SHOT BY ONE BULLET TO THE BACK, AND DIED INSTANTLY. THIS HAPPEND 3 TIMES. I did not got shot once by 3 bullets.

Edited by D4ngrs

Umm. I hate to break it to you...

But x3 .45 rounds will kill you. It's realistic in that sense.

The difference in rounds could have been lag, where he hit them, etc.

• Like 4

Go back to COD, or, go get shot 3 times by a .45 irl and see what happens.

• Like 3

So many factors can exist, body armor, blood, caliber and others. They are realistic. If you want them unrealistically balanced, go mod that yourself into the mod.

• Like 1

So many factors can exist, body armor, blood, caliber and others. They are realistic. If you want them unrealistically balanced, go mod that yourself into the mod.

What this guy said. The condition of your clothes slightly affects bullets, damaged recieved, and likely hood of bleeding. But bullet proof vests affect bullet damage A LOT. Some guy took a shot in the chest with a mosin, he survived. The guy he shot at with just a shirt? Not so much.

Edited by Advent1

Well, I never talked about 3 bullets. I was fully equippet with non-damaged clothes, as like those bullet-proof vests and so on and it just took one shoot in the back to kill me. As I said, I was full on blood, too.

And btw guys, thanks for beeing unfriendly assholes. god, some people are so disrespectful. Not all of you, but some.

Edited by D4ngrs

Dayz isn't a game about how many times you got shot, it's a game of not getting shot and shooting first.

Well, I dont want it like in Battlefield to take more then 20 Bullets from a rifle to die. But it's not realistic, too, that you die instantly by getting ONE bullet from a Pistol to the hips. You would start beeding, but not die. One shot from a sniper? Yep, thats ok. One from a Rifle? Yep, would not be bad, but a pistol? Nope. This thing would not kill you at the lower back instantly.

Guys, I'm talking about the instant-death. The "action" didnt took longer then 2 seconds.

The .FNX-45 is actually more than 25% stronger than the M4, btw

• Like 1

My lord, grow up. It's just like the disclaimer says every time you join, it's an alpha.  They are working on stuff.  Things happen, just like the other day when rocket killed over 200000 players for security reasons, ya follow?  

I got shot by a pistol 3 times and was instant dead.

Do you really think you could survive 3 bullets to the chest, stomach or head without any form of protection?

Only way you would is being EXTREMELY lucky, having all 3 bullets miss your organs.

Please, let me shoot you 3 times with a gun and if you survive I'll agree with you.

Beans revoked!  :emptycan:  :emptycan:  :emptycan: 

Well, I dont want it like in Battlefield to take more then 20 Bullets from a rifle to die. But it's not realistic, too, that you die instantly by getting ONE bullet from a Pistol to the hips. You would start beeding, but not die. One shot from a sniper? Yep, thats ok. One from a Rifle? Yep, would not be bad, but a pistol? Nope. This thing would not kill you at the lower back instantly.

Guys, I'm talking about the instant-death. The "action" didnt took longer then 2 seconds.

Your hip is the most important bone in your body.

IF you were not dead, you would be on the ground from a shot from a pistol.

People very very very rarely can take more than 2 shots from any firearm and survive, but these instances are the exception of the exception. They are not the norm.

• Like 1

How about I shoot you, then we see if that was to much power for you?

Weapon damage is great, huge improvement over the peashooter guns of the mod. If you want a small degree of protection, get a ballistic vest when it's implemented.

• Like 2

as I said, I had protection. And I did express myself the wrong way: with i got shot 3 times i meant 3 different times, with a different character. I got shot with one bullet, and this happened 3 different times.

Please sir , take a pistol , shoot yourself 3 times , make a video of it and if that last point happens im gonna support your point.

Weapon damage is great, huge improvement over the peashooter guns of the mod. If you want a small degree of protection, get a ballistic vest when it's implemented.

From my experience, the current vests reduce bullet damage and offer protection. But maybe for 2-3 shots MAX before becoming ruined, you do still take damage even with a vest, just not full damage. A man got shot square in the chest with a mosin from 2 meters while wearing a vest and survived. He was jurt bad and his vest went from "pristine" to "badly damaged" condition. From my understanding, if you don't have any vest on, Mosin's are a one hit kill to the torso.

No one is disrespectful, a .45 is gonna kill you if you get shot 3 times. The weapon damage is fine. If you just keep "balancing" the guns into unrealistic values then its gonna be more whining.

Does anyone who answers even read the last posts? i did get shot BY ONE BULLET, THREE DIFFERENT TIMES, on THREE DIFFEREND CHARACTERS. Not 3 bullets at the same time. gonna edit this.

One bullet will kill you dead.  Even a .22 will kill you in one shot in the right place.

This is what makes this game great, the realism. 

What protection did you have?  Where did the bullet hit and what caliber was the bullet?

Once you get used to the realism and learn some survival strategies and how to avoid getting shot you won't want to go back to console style shooter games where a bullet to the head WON'T kill you.

One bullet will kill you dead.  Even a .22 will kill you in one shot in the right place.

This is what makes this game great, the realism. 

What protection did you have?  Where did the bullet hit and what caliber was the bullet?

Once you get used to the realism and learn some survival strategies and how to avoid getting shot you won't want to go back to console style shooter games where a bullet to the head WON'T kill you.

as I said, it was a bullet from a FNX, i had this bullet-proof-vest-look-a-like armor, which was NOT damaged. The bullet hit me in the lower back, more like the butt.

Edited by D4ngrs

I got shot today.

Two damn fully geared players that server hopped out of nowhere, walked me down as I walked backwards and said nothing.

As I turned to run they just opened fire.

Didn't even have my axe or a gun out...