Sign in to follow this  
outlaw1198

please remove the barracks at balota

the problem is that if you get high grade gear on the coast it will just turn into tdm like the mod

I don't see how that has any impact on whether or not the game turns into a "TDM." People will go North and get killed just as easily. It will just take them a little longer.

i undersamd that there is no reason to go north but if it stays the way it is then fresh spawns will be killed and they will be turned away by the amount of times they spawn and die 

If someone is going to be "turned away" by spawning and dying often, then they're not going to like DayZ no matter what spawns where mate. If someone will quit after dying in Balota, then they're going to quit all the faster if they run for 90 minutes and then die.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

There is no way you can say all future guns are going to be military grade.   The goal is/was to have a central server control the loot globally.

yea but barracks spawn miliatary suff

This thread is getting kind of goofy. Look, the map isn't going to change before loot spawn mechanics have even been implemented. Maybe come back in 3 months and talk about this when it matters?

But what you are saying is wrong people don't care about danger when you are a freshspawn so what you die you lost nothing but if you do not die you get a m4 so there will be no amount of danger that will stop people from going there and it will be imposible to be picked clean because when the loot system is in properly then the loot will respawn.

But if it's as bad as you all say, loot won't respawn at Balota because it will have players near it.

I don't see how that has any impact on whether or not the game turns into a "TDM." People will go North and get killed just as easily. It will just take them a little longer.

If someone is going to be "turned away" by spawning and dying often, then they're not going to like DayZ no matter what spawns where mate. If someone will quit after dying in Balota, then they're going to quit all the faster if they run for 90 minutes and then die.

i am not on about die over and over again i am on about spawning and instantly dieing like you do in overwatch

i am not on about die over and over again i am on about spawning and instantly dieing like you do in overwatch

Right, but that has nothing to do with Balota barracks. You don't spawn at Balota barracks. You choose to go there. If you do that and die and you're a smart person you go "Well, that place is dangerous" and then you don't go back. You don't keep running there over and over again and then quit the game in frustration.

Just understand that this is not going to happen. Good discussion, but honestly I can guarantee you 100% that they're not going to start making changes to the map to address concerns about loot before loot mechanics have even been implemented.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 1

Right, but that has nothing to do with Balota barracks. You don't spawn at Balota barracks. You choose to go there. If you do that and die and you're a smart person you go "Well, that place is dangerous" and then you don't go back. You don't keep running there over and over again and then quit the game in frustration.

Just understand that this is not going to happen. Good discussion, but honestly I can guarantee you 100% that they're not going to start making changes to the map to address concerns about loot before loot mechanics have even been implemented.

ok thanks for your input goodbye

It's not the military spawns. I have to assume they will be lowered at some point though.

It's a lot of people new to dayz. A lot of people who never leave the coast even in the mod. No vehicles. People losing lives due to updates, glitches and server errors. Did I mention no vehicles? A LOT of people try to get fully geared before heading north. I could go on but won't.  lol

I haven't even been to the cherno or elektro yet. I always head north. Habit.

Until characters aren't randomly wiped, whats the point of going north?

My friend and I started earlier on new guys (20000th new character in 2 days), we gathered some starter stuff in Cherno and headed north... A few hours after starting in Cherno and slowly working our way up, we reached the NW Airfield... We got stocked up on loot. We decided to take a break and then head back south to meet up with our third friend who was as of then, not yet on... We both logged out, got some food, etc... Came back about 15 minutes later... Both of us started on the beach with new characters, everything we had just done for three or four hours was completely undone by simply logging out for 15 minutes... We didn't even change servers.

Until that no longer happens, what is the point of the long journey north? Your character is going to be gone before you can utilize anything you find up there anyways.  So why not stock up on military gear in Balota and have fun while you can?

Edited by i_push_buttons

Until characters aren't randomly wiped, whats the point of going north?

My friend and I started earlier on new guys (20000th new character in 2 days), we gathered some starter stuff in Cherno and headed north... A few hours after starting in Cherno and slowly working our way up, we reached the NW Airfield... We got stocked up on loot. We decided to take a break and then head back south to meet up with our third friend who was as of then, not yet on... We both logged out, got some food, etc... Came back about 15 minutes later... Both of us started on the beach with new characters, everything we had just done for three or four hours was completely undone by simply logging out for 15 minutes... We didn't even change servers.

Until that no longer happens, what is the point of the long journey north? Your character is going to be gone before you can utilize anything you find up there anyways.  So why not stock up on military gear in Balota and have fun while you can?

Yes i know that but i feel that if this is not fixed then it may be a problem in the future

With all the new military installations sprinkled around there really isn't any need to go to balota. From my trek from balota (where I got shot before) to South Lopatino which I had made my home back in the mod I have found FOUR (in numbers: 4) NEW military compounds.

With most of the veterans hanging around the NWAF (which isn't that great a military loot area anymore) and krasnostav these places even felt relatively safe.

removed nothing, there are others military post that are not NW or NE, you just need to go explore, i did that today, started with two cans of food some rags i made from shirts, found a first aid kit and had water, ran to stary then NW found some gear. Then i remember seeing this mark on the map since i was good on gear, what hell right, lets explore. Found, and i went to check Zelen for market and found something better, Still heading south of Zelen i found yet another military post.  So there are alot of other areas but ppl are lazy or afraid to dieng and loosing gear, i eventually died from falling of a hospital by accident. 

Yes there alot of M4s going around, but i think they are doing so that to test, and i am pretty sure they will make itscarce. When that is done then ppl will come crying that m4s are too scarce......my new motto is going to be "noobs, perfect zombie bait"

Edited by reapers239

yea east side of the map is useless. You should add baracks to berezino again

yea east side of the map is useless. You should add baracks to berezino again

There's always Krasnostav, even though it's now lacking the littlebird helicopter spawn, which I dearly miss. I wouldn't know about anything between that and Elektrozavodsk.

I haven't had much incentive to go there before, but considering what I've found just on my way from the south to the northwest I might as well just do a sweep through the mideast.

Edited by Darrus Dreadtiger

Remove barraks in Balota, agree. Make M4`s much more rare, ammo much more rare, bit more "civil" weapons randomly spawned in houses. would be perfect

removed nothing, there are others military post that are not NW or NE, you just need to go explore, i did that today, started with two cans of food some rags i made from shirts, found a first aid kit and had water, ran to stary then NW found some gear. Then i remember seeing this mark on the map since i was good on gear, what hell right, lets explore. Found, and i went to check Zelen for market and found something better, Still heading south of Zelen i found yet another military post.  So there are alot of other areas but ppl are lazy or afraid to dieng and loosing gear, i eventually died from falling of a hospital by accident. 

Yes there alot of M4s going around, but i think they are doing so that to test, and i am pretty sure they will make itscarce. When that is done then ppl will come crying that m4s are too scarce......my new motto is going to be "noobs, perfect zombie bait"

i know but most of the places are in the weat the is no point in go west which is the second point i make in this thread

Military basses:

Balota

NWAF

NEAF

The removed it from stary and berizino, where are the others? 

It's against my better judgement to share my findings, but I can't help myself being nice:

Tent camp south of Balota (actually spawns military-class loot now)

North of Kamenka in the Woods (entrance right side of the road from Kamenka to Pavlovo)

South Zelenogorsk (where the supermarket used to be)

Southeast of Vybor (road leading there from Pustoshka to Rogorevka, but heading straight southeast from Vybor is easier)

In my eyes the barracks are probably in the best spot they can be. Right now in the game with the limited amount weapons and things like that, we consider getting an M4 as a form of really high grade loot when probably when there are more weps the old Barracks will probably seem a bit more well, shit.

But yes they need to add more barracks on the East side of the map or maybe just less on the map all together

• Like 1

It's against my better judgement to share my findings, but I can't help myself being nice:

Tent camp south of Balota (actually spawns military-class loot now)

North of Kamenka in the Woods (entrance right side of the road from Kamenka to Pavlovo)

South Zelenogorsk (where the supermarket used to be)

Southeast of Vybor (road leading there from Pustoshka to Rogorevka, but heading straight southeast from Vybor is easier)

Your a good person, you will go far in life

cheers for the info 

What about some sort of Heat Map that looks at where players are going and adjusts loot spawns away from common areas?  Would be a nice change of pace to get people to do something different.

I'd like to see if Increased zombie population and AI effects this. A risk/reward right off the bat for a fresh spawn players?

I have to say the as it is, I'm going way out of my way to avoid those areas when I spawn near there.  All I hear is gun fire.

but the game is not all about fighting it out it is about survival in a zombie apocalypses. and you don't need 4 hours to explore up north it takes about 45 mins to get up there, i don't have much time either with school and such 

That game is what you want the game to be. If you want to fight it out then fight it out. if u want to explore then explore. let us choose our own path damn it.

That game is what you want the game to be. If you want to fight it out then fight it out. if u want to explore then explore. let us choose our own path damn it.

yes but the devs are trying to make a survival game

What about some sort of Heat Map that looks at where players are going and adjusts loot spawns away from common areas?  Would be a nice change of pace to get people to do something different.

I'd like to see if Increased zombie population and AI effects this. A risk/reward right off the bat for a fresh spawn players?

I have to say the as it is, I'm going way out of my way to avoid those areas when I spawn near there.  All I hear is gun fire.

that would be good but i think it would be quite hard for the devs to but i am not sure on that. Also they plan makeing zombies respawn when they optimize the servers and they will increase the amount of zombies