Sign in to follow this  
outlaw1198

please remove the barracks at balota

The barracks at balota are just causing people to stay down south and not go north at that is causing few people up north so 75% off the map is been wasted. move them to the north east airfield  were there is really no reason to go because there is not much to gain from going there.

• Like 6

Barracks aren't the problem it is the 87,000 military tents which all spawn military loot on the little medical camp area by the ocean across road from Balota with the 2 deer stands.

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 2

well yea i see your point there but something needs to be done at balota there is too much military grade stuff spawning there.

Remove both tents and barrackses in Balota, and move the tents to NEAF or Berenzino, the East is wasted with nothing to do.

• Like 2

yes that is my point the entire east of the map has nothing there and there is too much military stuff in balota and not enough in the north east  

I don't mind the Military tents across the road from Balota, but the barracks are a little annoying, I am dissapointed about how empty the NEAF is

I somewhat agree, too much military stuff spawning in balotta.

Also why were the military tents in Stary sobor and Berezino removed? We need something in the east side of the map worth fighting over.

• Like 1

It's not the military spawns. I have to assume they will be lowered at some point though.

It's a lot of people new to dayz. A lot of people who never leave the coast even in the mod. No vehicles. People losing lives due to updates, glitches and server errors. Did I mention no vehicles? A LOT of people try to get fully geared before heading north. I could go on but won't.  lol

I haven't even been to the cherno or elektro yet. I always head north. Habit.

This can be solved by simply changing the loot patters.. no need to revamp the map.  Less loot there, and more importantly, more variety of loot, and the problem is solved.

Its mostly due to lack of variety in lootable items as well. which is part of the alpha process.

The barracks at balota are just causing people to stay down south and not go north at that is causing few people up north so 75% off the map is been wasted. move them to the north east airfield  were there is really no reason to go because there is not much to gain from going there.

people are going to tend to stay in the south regardless

wow i did not know they removed the tents at berezino well that really means they need to have something up there because there is no point going over there. there is nothing there that is worth taking if that is the case.

• Like 1

people are going to tend to stay in the south regardless

but my point is if you put more stuff up north and less in the south then there would be more incentive to go up north

• Like 1

but my point is if you put more stuff up north and less in the south then there would be more incentive to go up north

I haven't explored the whole (new) map yet, but I found like 3 new military installments on my Kamenka--->NWAF route. my point is there is plenty of stuff up north. but people will still tend to stay in the south, because that's where they spawn, and many think Cherno and Elektro is where it's at. many would say going up north is "boring", "a running simulator", etc. as someone that does like to go up north, it just seems to make things better for me (higher chance to find good loot, and lower chance of being chased by axe wielding new-spawn)

I agree. Remove all the military stuff except atc and 2 hangers from balota. I also think it'd be cool to remove military loot from south but that's just my opinion  ;)

yea that is another point they seem to have remove a lot of the military spawns like at stary and and at berezino and added a lot of points down south. I also understand that people find the north boring but they are also not helping if they give no reason to go north

Yea they really need to add some high level loot spots to the East and make it worth the trip. I love the new areas near the NWAF though and it is still worth the trek especially since Balota is picked clean by players on any server that was not restarted recently. 

Funny thing is that while the Balota AF is a bloody battlefield covered with bodies the NEAF is a shopping paradise. I've been there at least half a dozen times by now, always on full servers, and found everything a survivor could hope for. And I've never even seen another player up there.

Maybe it's just Darwin at work though: "WHY COME I ALWAYS GET SHOTTED WHEN GOIGN TO BALOTA AF????!!"

Oh well, some may learn. In time.

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

I agree, personally. Maybe I'm a bit conservative, but hey

powell your surname? it is mine too :)

I spawned at Balota on my first life on a full server. There was no one there and I was more geared than I could ever want in the first 5 minutes of playing. I was not amused.

Funny thing is that while the Balota AF is a bloody battlefield covered with bodies the NEAF is a shopping paradise. I've been there at least half a dozen times by now, always on full servers, and found everything a survivor could hope for. And I've never even seen another player up there.

Maybe it's just Darwin at work though: "WHY COME I ALWAYS GET SHOTTED WHEN GOIGN TO BALOTA AF????!!"

Oh well, some may learn. In time.

:rolleyes:

i have only see a couple of players up north when me and 6 other guys were exploring the map. we just held them up and left them cause they were up north

I spawned at Balota on my first life on a full server. There was no one there and I was more geared than I could ever want in the first 5 minutes of playing. I was not amused.

yea if you are the only one there then you can get kitted in 5 mins with everything you could want 

especially since Balota is picked clean by players on any server that was not restarted recently.

that's the other thing. it seems it can't be that bad now since the loot won't even respawn

The devs are adding many towns/ cities to the north/ north-east. If you look at http://dayzdb.com/map you'll be able to see all the empty roads. Once they've done that I'm sure Balota will be reconsidered. 

yea i understand that it is an alpha and about 85% of the thing are going to change but i am just highlighting current balance changes