tacticalbeard (DayZ)

Change name on DayZ Standalone

18 posts in this topic

So I installed Dayz Standalone and it automatically picked a character name, which happens to be my real name, which I do not want to be used while I play video games. How do I change the character name in Dayz Standalone?

So I installed Dayz Standalone and it automatically picked a character name, which happens to be my real name, which I do not want to be used while I play video games. How do I change the character name in Dayz Standalone?

As has already been mentioned, DayZ uses your Steam persona/community name.  This is not the same as your Steam account name.  FYI, It is not recommended you use the same Steam persona name as your account name.

You can change your Steam name from the Community tab and editing your user profile.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly
Suidan likes this

OP:

>Open Steam.

>Lower right corner.

>Open friends list.

>Right click your own name (at the top).

>Change profile name...

Anyway to delete a post? I watched the video and that was too easy. I went into documents and changed that way. haha

be seeing you...

Edited by thePrisoner

Since the last update a couple of days ago for some reason it's ignoring my Steam name and using my PC name.

So I'm running around as 'i7' and it's really annoying that the game is taking system information and injecting it ingame.

Guess I'll watch the vid posted above...?

With the new update all you have to do to change your name is go into the main menu where you can see play, configure, character, etc, and left click on your name in the bottom right corner to edit it. Hope this helps

VlRUS likes this

If you still need help, heres my quick video for the people wondering how to change the name.

Thank you guys so much, I had this problem too, and this fixed it. Now my IGN is the same as my forum name, HappyXceed, hope to see you in game  :lol:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By GuiltyGod
      The Delta Exile Gaming Community is multi gaming community currently serving PC gamers across various titles. We are a group of semi and hardcore players who have gathered together under a single banner to game together and build lasting friendships! Each of us has a passion for gaming.
      Our community is a home for any pc gamer that wants to join. We are always looking to expand into other games to build and maintain solid teams which will dominate the gaming world.
      Interested in joining? Check out the links around the site for more information. We update regularly and are always looking for new members to join the community. Check back daily and come see what we have to offer you. There may just be something here for you too.

http://deltaexile.enjin.com/

All new members are required to fill out an application in the Recruitment section of our website, and go through a very quick and easy interview in our personal Teamspeak.

Features:
      - New Clan, Mature Members, Growing Community.
      - Inviting All Members To Grow With Us And Show Their Leadership Skills.
      - Strong And Organized Community.
      - Fun Events.
      - Upcoming Facebook, Steam, Youtube, And Twitch Pages.
      - International Community.
      - [DXG] Member Giveaways!

Requests From You:
      Must Be At Least 18 Years Old.
      - 15 Years And Up Will Be Granted A Trial Run And Based On Their Gaming Abilities And Maturity Level.
      - Must Be Mature And Patient.
      - We Allow Both Competitive And Casual Players To Join And Play.

How To Apply:
      - Join our website http://deltaexile.enjin.com/ And Click Our “Recruitment” Section To Find Our Application.
      - Quick And Easy Interview In Teamspeak With One Of Our Staff Members.
      - For Any Further Questions, Feel Free To Add And Message Me For More Information.

Below is a list of game channels we currently have in our Teamspeak Server, we are constantly adding more with each new member that joins.

-CS:GO
      -BATTLEFIELD 4
      -GTA V
      -DAYZ [We have our own server!]
      -DEAD BY DAYLIGHT
      -INSURGENCY [We have our own server!]
      -LEFT FOR DEAD 2
      - RAINBOW SIX SIEGE
      -THE DIVISION
      - MISCREATED
      -RUST
      -ROCKET LEAGUE
      -LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
      -SPACE ENGINEERS [We have our own server!]

(MANY MORE GAMES THESE ARE JUST A FEW OF OUR MAIN GAMES)
    • By iMuggy
      31 Bravo is a police/military community that is just starting. Our goal is to surround ourselves with like-minded, respectable people that are interested in policing/military. We are currently looking for loyal; semi-serious members that are willing to participate in DayZ standalone. We like to focus on realism, especially on Standalone. 
      Our main focus is DayZ Standalone but we hope that with enough growth we can reach out to other games. Some of the games we would like to get into are; Battlefield, Arma 2/3, and Miscreated.
      The requirements to join are as follows:
      Must be 18+ and mature
      Must be a good team player as well as good communicator
      Must have teamspeak 3 and willing to spend most of your time in our teamspeak, accepted members are encouraged to invite friends
      Must pass a 2-4 week trial period before being accepted into the community
      Absolutely no VAC bans for any game or reason on your account
      We are all currently North American but are open to expanding the community to EU and beyond

If you are interested, you can visit our steam group page here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/31bravomp and add any of the administrators to your friends list for more info.

Edit: Our current community logo; http://imgur.com/2FhovLb