Sign in to follow this  
Wookieenoob

Fix to OP river drinking

rather than nerf the speed of drinking from standing water or anything, but when animals are put in, make it so that once in a while one dies near a water source, giving negative health effects to anyone who drinks from it without checking the source is clean. 

also a zombie in the water could spread infection if you drink from it. like that well zombie in TWD.

what do you think?

right now i can run all the way up to NWAF from balota up the new stream without stopping to look for drinks....

Edited by Wookieenoob

you will occationally get sick drinking from streams or ponds I believe. Just like in real life. Or else water purification pills wouldn't exist.

• Like 1

I like drinking from the ponds. :( (what do you suggest about wells/pumps?)

I like drinking from the ponds. :( (what do you suggest about wells/pumps?)

i've been using them all the time with no negative impacts. i've only used the NWAF pump so far in SA. 

maybe i'll see some, but maybe they should be more obvious, especially with the amount of shitty standing water i've been drinking

In real life, a dead animal in a RIVER would not affect the quality of the water as it is running water. Even if it was a pond in a survival situation it's better to get your water from a source where there ARE signs of animal activity, even if they are dead. If animals don't gather around a water source and you don't see signs of them, it's a clue that a pond is not safe to drink from. I don't think there's any need to nerf the current system especially the way the current food and drink system is operating. All you'd need to do is boil the water before drinking, and I doubt that lakes and ponds in CHERNARUS have all that many pollutants or parasites in them, considering the cold environment.

• Like 1

I think pumps are sealed/covered so they are unlikely to be conteminated.

Of course. No point in having a well unless it's safe to drink from :P

... giving negative health effects to anyone who drinks from it without checking the source is clean. 

also a zombie in the water could spread infection if you drink from it. like that well zombie in TWD.

Why not 50% chance of sickness. That would make the water purification more important.