Sign in to follow this  
Coldarthis

Firemans axe a little too powerfull.

in general i dont think somone sohuld be able ot rush somone with a ballistic vest and helmet with a fire axe and make them go unconcious instantly. whats the point of having armor if it doesnt help?

now im all for balancing weapons and armor naturally with loot spawns but the fireaxe is a one shot kill. (well unconcious but we all know what that means)

can we atleast make melee weapons require two shots at minimum unless on un protected faces?

I was hit with an axe after my game crashed last night, luckily my buddy got a shot off in him with a mosin before he took a second swing.  I logged in alive low on health.

You put on a vest and helmet and then let me chop you one good time with an axe and we'll see how functional you are :D

• Like 6

f

You put on a vest and helmet and then let me chop you one good time with an axe and we'll see how functional you are :D

fine lets! lol cuz i got chopped in the foot and all i got was black screen. very annoying. concidering i lit him up with 30 rounds of m4 and nothing. now ill attibute that to server lag (i know how that can be) but when i get the drop on a guy and I get taken down it can be way to frustrating to find out that all the gear i just got is going to a guy that hits me once.

a bullet hurts a lot more than an axe, may not take out a foot but itll def stop you in your spot!

its a firemans axe...I know what your saying but a sharp as fook firemans axe would fuck you in real life mate....you wana bitch about the zombies one shot instal bleed. that's my big cry but its only alpha so hope rocket sorts that

actually i noticed that if you get some good gear the zombies can wail on you with no blood drawn.

like he said the firemans axe is a fucking devastating weapon, if you could take a hit from one of those IRL from a bodybuilding fireman and still be alive then you are the batman..........

in general i dont think somone sohuld be able ot rush somone with a ballistic vest and helmet with a fire axe and make them go unconcious instantly. whats the point of having armor if it doesnt help?

now im all for balancing weapons and armor naturally with loot spawns but the fireaxe is a one shot kill. (well unconcious but we all know what that means)

can we atleast make melee weapons require two shots at minimum unless on un protected faces?

Pretty sure a fire axe would slice right through a ballistic vest along with whatever was behind it.

f

fine lets! lol cuz i got chopped in the foot and all i got was black screen. very annoying. concidering i lit him up with 30 rounds of m4 and nothing. now ill attibute that to server lag (i know how that can be) but when i get the drop on a guy and I get taken down it can be way to frustrating to find out that all the gear i just got is going to a guy that hits me once.

a bullet hurts a lot more than an axe, may not take out a foot but itll def stop you in your spot!

In this scenario I would have made a topic discussing why somebody lived after being shot 30 times, not why you died when being struck by an axe. the 30 rounds thing seems a little more weird.

Also, were you full on blood when you got hit with the axe?

OP says body armor and helmet should lessen the blow of an ax.

Goes on to say he got hit in the foot.

lolz

• Like 1

You can be shot in the foot with an M4 and live; if someone chopped your foot with that axe you would probably bleed out.

A bullet(depending on the type) makes a clean entrance and exit wound...an axe severs things.

Sounds more like you got mad that someone wuth an axe owned someone with an M4.

• Like 1

Ballistic vests protect against ballistic damage... interestingly enough. Axes do cutting/chopping, whatever term they are using for it, damage. Bullets do one type of damage, blunt objects another, and axes a third. Not sure if knives share that type of damage or not. I do know Dean made it a point of stating that different pieces of reinforced clothing handle different types of damage better or worse. 

Its an Axel guy. I love the point that you can get killed with everything, thats one of the big advantages against other games.

OP says body armor and helmet should lessen the blow of an ax.

Goes on to say he got hit in the foot.

lolz

Maybe he needs to get better boots than what he had?

That modular damage for you ;)

Well apart from the whole lag you might of had or your terrible aim >.O I have put people down with only a few bullets from my M4, but like Jcrose said, let me hit you with a fire axe  IRL and see how well you are, even with wearing amour.

The whole he only hit you in the foot and you died, is probably because our characters have a few hitboxes. Just a guess, but might explain it.

Edited by -seraphine-

I was hit with an axe after my game crashed last night, luckily my buddy got a shot off in him with a mosin before he took a second swing.  I logged in alive low on health.

"Game crashed" suuuuuure 

• Like 1

the point is if i get hit in the leg IRL with a firemans axe i do not lose conciousness.. i would bleed and possibly lose the leg. 

Pretty sure a fire axe would slice right through a ballistic vest along with whatever was behind it.

Even if it didn't go through a vest it would fuck you up due to the sheer weight.  

Moral of the story: don't get hit by an axe. :)

• Like 2

not even a little bit a bullet is a little tiny chunk of metal that makes a nice clean hole. And axe is a giant wedge ripping your body in half cutting every nerve ending and vein wherever it hits and breaking bones.

Edited by Weedz

the point is if i get hit in the leg IRL with a firemans axe i do not lose conciousness.. i would bleed and possibly lose the leg.

bleeding and an injury that involves losing a leg may very well involve unconsciousness

I mean, isn't this the same thing people complain about in so many games where you can die from being shot in the foot? what you're asking for is a much more complicated injury system. that would be nice, and hopefully this game goes in that direction, but that has nothing to do with the axe being "OP"

Lets not and say we did. 

Balance is for FPS and a game like this with no character progression does not need to worry about balance. The only time things are balanced is when two fresh spawns meet, otherwise like life some people will have and advantage based on luck or effort. I actually like the fact that there is variety in the melee weapons. If you are a fresh spawn you will take that horrible wrench, but after getting geared up you will be looking for that rarer fire ax.

From a realism standpoint it also holds true, a ballistic vest stops ballistics and an ax is not a ballistic weapon last I checked. Maybe the helmet from a head shot but if you want to explain it using realism then just assume the guy hit you in the face or neck.  

Helms and vests are really for bullets. If you let a guy with fireaxe come to extremely close range, it's your own damn fault. <_<