Plan_B

Every survivors looks military

I feel like adding perks to certain kinds of gear would make the game feel a little too much like an MMO.

Military gear should be extremely rare to come across. That being said - it should also be a lot more durable than regular civilian gear, making it way more valuable than it already is. What would be cool is if gear degraded over time, making it necessary to have to change your clothes after a certain period of time.

It would be cool if they made it so that clown clothes could make you virtually invisible to zeds. But then you would be easy spot for other players. And you had to wear a mask with a big red smile and red ball nose.

I just cant stand everyone wanting to look soldierish, they do it because they think its "cool". The camouflage argument doesnt convince me. I sincerely don´t think it´s more dificult to spot a player in military clothes in this game. If you are experienced and he is there, you will see him.

It would be cool if they made it so that clown clothes could make you virtually invisible to zeds. But then you would be easy spot for other players. And you had to wear a mask with a big red smile and red ball nose.

I just cant stand everyone wanting to look soldierish, they do it because they think its "cool". The camouflage argument doesnt convince me. I sincerely don´t think it´s more dificult to spot a player in military clothes in this game. If you are experienced and he is there, you will see him.

You can wear soldier clothing with clown mask and stuff. Iv done it before XD

I like it how someone is trying to give a suggestion for future updates and everyone is flaming him down with "its alpha" :D

I sincerely don´t think it´s more dificult to spot a player in military clothes in this game. If you are experienced and he is there, you will see him.

Yes, but you will see him a LOT easier in bright red, orange, and purple even without being "experienced". People didn't wear ghillie suits in the Mod because it made them look cool, but because it really did help you blend in a bit, at least at less than 200m. 

I like it how someone is trying to give a suggestion for future updates and everyone is flaming him down with "its alpha" :D

I like it how the OP is mentioning things that already exist in the game like hunter pants and is ignorant enough to not understand that it isn't BDUs most of us are wearing that makes up look "military" as he puts it, but the things he suggests as updates that already exist in the game. That couldn't be why we are giving him a hard time though, could it? :)

Yes, but you will see him a LOT easier in bright red, orange, and purple even without being "experienced". People didn't wear ghillie suits in the Mod because it made them look cool, but because it really did help you blend in a bit, at least at less than 200m. 

Well Mercules, thanks for the reply, but for me the jury is out on this one. I sincerely don´t know what to think. You may be right, but note that the infamous ghillie suit was not a real clothe. It was more like wearing a bush. And then became the bush-man. Or the living bush with a sniper. I am talking about clothes that are really clothes, not some vegetation that you wear.

I could use some assless leather chaps.  Or handcuff you and put them on and force feed you if your into that kinda thing.  

the approach should be like dota 2

items: common, uncommon, rare, mythical, legendary, genuine.

military and high-end stuff (weapons and clothes) should be mythical, legendary or genuine. the spawn of this should be scarce and random accross the map, not just in the airfields/military places to avoid server jumping players looking for stuff.

common, uncommon and rare items should be civilian/police/firefighters clothes and weapons. this should be the common gear for the most players, non stealth, easier to find in houses, etc.

Edited by Vandelay
  • Like 1

The gear you wear should really impact the way you play. You got sneaker and you run in the swamp? You just got sick because you are all wet. You got boots? You got less chance. Ect...

IRL you dont get sick by been wet or cold. You get sick if you are exposed to bacteria and/or viruses, so why should you get sick by been wet ingame?

Why running shoes rather then boots?

Well, running shoes are for running. Then why aren't we running faster with the running shoes?

If you wear a orange backpack and a yellow raincoat, there should be a advantage to it, not just disadvantage. What could be that advantage? I don't know yet, I made this post to actually sort people's idea. I just don't want Dayz to be an Arma III look-a-like again. Get the gear you have bonus or malus. You only have a t-shirt? You sweat less=less drinking  you spent less energy = less food. See things like that. 

Biker clothes/leather clothes = protection from bleeding and sharp object. You know, things that are not only aesthetic but affect game play as well.

IRL you dont get sick by been wet or cold. You get sick if you are exposed to bacteria and/or viruses, so why should you get sick by been wet ingame?

Try running around all wet in Russia's Autumn and tell me you won't be sick.

Try running around all wet in Russia's Autumn and tell me you won't be sick.

I've done it in Minnesota's Winter. You don't get a "Cold" from being cold. Now being cold can run down your body and make it harder to fight off a virus you have been exposed to. Correlation does not imply causation. 

the artists will create thousands of articles of clothing, weapons and crafting gear in the next months. give it time.. alpha has been public for less than a week.

And then we'll host a fashion show on the airfield, who's with me?! :P

There's only one real civilian gun ATM and I still haven't seen it.

Every friggen person has an M4.

The Mosin looks awesome but I'd love some more game guns soon instead of just a side by side.

I've done it in Minnesota's Winter. You don't get a "Cold" from being cold. Now being cold can run down your body and make it harder to fight off a virus you have been exposed to. Correlation does not imply causation. 

We are talking about a game where Zombie are everywhere. What if you get cold and got less chance to fight the ''infection''? What about weather that can cause your hands to shake because your cold? A nice warn raincoat could solve that!

I would love to see more hunting gear. I love the military look, it's functional and inspired by nature. I can't stand the purple backpacks and masks, they look hideous.

As for jungle boots,they are designed for the jungle. Chernarus is anything but hot and humid.

I would like to be able to skin animals, tan hides, wear fuss and leathers. A bear fur cloak would be so awesome :)

I would like to be able to skin animals, tan hides, wear fuss and leathers. A bear fur cloak would be so awesome :)

Something tells me you've spent some time in Tamriel.  ;)

Tanriel? No, a bad ass survival rogue like called "unreal world" set in iron age Finland.

I must say, I got in a fight once with a motor bike helmet, Saved my life.

I refuse to ever wear one again.

Why?

Because I think wearing one is extremely stupid.