bad_mojo (DayZ)

Disable alt-tab

Don't up you me alf f4? Not alt tab?

Can't you read? he means alt-tab. getting that fixed would be really nice, I alt-tabbed out of the game once too many times.

I love my Alt+tabbing, maybe you should just try a different combination of key bindings. Obviously you've been running along holding down Alt and pressing tab to check your inventory like I have so many times before. Just change one of your keys, like your inventory, to another button. Problem solved! :D

• Like 2

But I like those keys for those things.

Then learn to use your keyboard properly.
  • Like 2

Isn't Alt+Tab an operating system function and not a vidja game system function?

• Like 1

I think we all know how this happens. you're holding alt to look around, and then you try to look at your inventory without letting alt go. I do it a lot to myself in some games with Steam's shift-tab overlay

• Like 1

Isn't Alt+Tab an operating system function and not a vidja game system function?

yep

razer-orbweaver-latest-02__store_gallery

I never run into this sort of issue anymore. ;)

You know, i have seen theese contraptions, but don't have a clue what they are for :D

You know, i have seen theese contraptions, but don't have a clue what they are for :D

For gullible people who think fancy hardware will make them better gamers.
  • Like 2

I don't get it, what kind of combo are you doing that you are holding alt, i know tab is the inventory but still. I havent alt tabbed by accident even once.

And yes they should deactivate alt+f4 and put a 10 second timer on the exit button.

I don't get it, what kind of combo are you doing that you are holding alt, i know tab is the inventory but still. I havent alt tabbed by accident even once.

And yes they should deactivate alt+f4 and put a 10 second timer on the exit button.

play dayz. Don't know what holding alt does. Son what are you doing with your life?
  • Like 1

"fixed"? it's a windows feature

I am very aware of what it is and how it works. Yet I have reason to believe that there is a way to disable it, given that some games are can disable your windows-key.

For gullible people who think fancy hardware will make them better gamers.

Or for those who don't mind spending some money for the features it offers. If nothing else it lets me assign any key or some other functions to those keys. For example, there is a game that uses Ctrl as a modifier key to certain actions so hitting an ability does X but holding Ctrl down and hitting that ability does Y. You can't rebind that modifier key either it is always control and I want it in a handier place so I simply change one of the buttons to be a Ctrl. I can also set up macros on buttons like have one of them set to toggle the W keypress on and off so I don't have to jam a coin into my keys if I want to auto-run in DayZ SA. Oh, and the keys are nice and crisp. There are also a few games where I have different functions assign to different button layouts and can hotswap on the fly into different layouts for flight/infantry/gunnery.

wow, i vote worst thread ever!

you know you can disable them keys yourself right? with some super l337 computing skiilzz...

if you having troubles with using your keyboard as it is designed, you could pop the left alt off with a knife easy enough.

also you could google about keyboard mapping and binding on the  OS level.

It would be nice if they disabled alt-tabbing with the left alt, but kept the right one working.

That is all.

Tweak your controls so you won't use tab and alt at the same time. I've never pushed them at the same time in this game because tweaking the controls was the first thing before I even went in a server.

/G for gear is my hint ;)

Edited by St. Jimmy

I love my Alt+tabbing, maybe you should just try a different combination of key bindings. Obviously you've been running along holding down Alt and pressing tab to check your inventory like I have so many times before. Just change one of your keys, like your inventory, to another button. Problem solved! :D

No! I haven't been doing that repeatedly.

No! I haven't been doing that repeatedly.

then how/why would you accidently hit alt-tab while playing this game?