darklynx

Opening a tin can on concrete.

Now I remember a while ago I learnt that you can actually open a tin can using just the concrete ground.

Whats the chances of this being added?

Oh and I found a video that shows how to do it.

• Like 2

Haha I find the tin can hurdle a strange one. It's nice that they've already expanded what objects you can use to open them because I just can't picture myself moments from dying of starvation staring at a tin can thinking, "If only I had a can opener."

• Like 1

Challenging game mechanics over absolute realism. :)

I did like these guys a lot, though. "And guess what. Cat gonna survive too."

• Like 4

I did like these guys a lot, though. "And guess what. Cat gonna survive too."

I laughed here, too. Good stuff.

:D

Right now I have 6 cans and no way to open them :(

Find an axe or a knife. They work as well as of last patch.

Axes are really common up north, check the small sheds next to houses

Haha, this would take too much difficulty out of the game i think although it is real and would great realism!

On this note though i think it would be a good idea if you could position a can on the floor then use a sharp object you loose no food, from having to stand up and loosing food. Thus would be a longer process but more beneficial. 

I'm not sure if I was dreaming, but did Rocket say that knives and bayonets can also open tin cans now? I think there are a multitude of items in the game that "should" be able to open a can, but the game just doesn't allow it. It would be nice if anything decently sharp can open a can, maybe just add some sort of damage to that item after using it. 

This guys other videos are REALLY cool. Like making fire out of Aluminium foil and a AA Battery. 

ah I have a fire axe but it didnt do anything.

How come? Try dragging the axe to the can, you should get an option to open the can

• Like 1

Yeah I saw this to and was thinking about it but i think its not needed really its good how it is it think. :)

This guys other videos are REALLY cool. Like making fire out of Aluminium foil and a AA Battery. 

Pfft, you just need some really thin conducting shit (Like 0.2 copper wire) and make a circuit. It might burn your fingers.