Sign in to follow this  
drew.williams04@yahoo.com

If people really want kos to be toned down

Then the Only thing I can think of that will make people think twice about kos is adding towns with npc's that protect it and kill anyone with bandit status on site, the town would also have to have something in it as well to make it worth being friendly, trade post, merchants, fresh food and water and maybe a medical tent that can treat disease and wounds etc. and any other features that would be highly useful. Perhaps some sort of taxi service to other safe towns, although that would prolly cause bandits to wait in roads to ambush you.

Edited by Stinkfist

No, npcs will not help at all.  There are other ways to lower KoS.  

I would love that so I could camp just outside the town and know that I am blasting away a bunch of pussies who hate kos. 

Then the Only thing I can think of that will make people think twice about kos is adding towns with npc's that protect it and kill anyone with bandit status on site, the town would also have to have something in it as well to make it worth being friendly, trade post, merchants, fresh food and water and maybe a medical tent that can treat disease and wounds etc. and any other features that would be highly useful. Perhaps some sort of taxi service to other safe towns, although that would prolly cause bandits to wait in roads to ambush you.

NO!

Also, that actually wouldn't do anything. In Epoch bandits camp routes into trader cities or hang out in the cities themselves. There are better ways that might have a chance of working.

I would love that so I could camp just outside the town and know that I am blasting away a bunch of pussies who hate kos. 

I hate Kill On Site. But I kill people in game and am not a pussy. Good attitude to have, I can see you will go far in life. 

I don't hate kos, I just keep seeing posts about I so thought I would see if I could come up with an idea people liked. Never played epoch tho so didn't know there was anything already like that which was tried

Like many people who want to end KOS, the OP describes a non multi player game...cause that's what they want, they do not want the unpredictability of what mean other players will do.

how about we give non player killers better night vision...that would be a powerful encouragement....

No, I like that you have to confirm your kills and you have no clue who killed your or who you killed.  In the mod I saw a lot of heated arguments and name calling because of death messages and sidechat.

Hey I'm all for kos, don't get me wrong, it's why I play the game lol. I just don't want the population of the game to dwindle down if this many people are complaining about it. Just means less people to kill. So trying to find a good medium that everyone agrees with

I am fine with KoS too.  I'm glad that it's in the game and I don't want it removed.  I just think there are more efficient ways to lower KoS. 

Edited by Skat3rat

I recommend this again. Bounty system. People who are nasty, killing innocent people will have a bounty added for their head. Giving incentive for people to hunt the people that KOS and perhaps not shoot everyone in sight because people might come after their scalp.

As of right now with player corpses disappearing immediately after a kill it makes killing a player as pointless as anything can.

I recommend this again. Bounty system. People who are nasty, killing innocent people will have a bounty added for their head. Giving incentive for people to hunt the people that KOS and perhaps not shoot everyone in sight because people might come after their scalp.

How would this bounty system work?  It would have to be player driven.

Disagree. People need to learn the gesture buttons, if someone's off in the distance put a hand up maybe? Keep your weapon on your back? Idk..just a thought. RP strict servers will eventually come along.

Edited by Flight96

Hey I'm all for kos, don't get me wrong, it's why I play the game lol. I just don't want the population of the game to dwindle down if this many people are complaining about it. Just means less people to kill. So trying to find a good medium that everyone agrees with.

No happy medium to be had.

You're either on the manly man side of the fence. Or the liberace side of the fence.

I know which side my stones are placed. *beats chest*

the KOS is better in SA than the mod so far in my experience.

SA is so simple and there is nothing else to do at the moment, so KOS is an inevitable passtime. Also with updates and character wipes who cares about KOS...

I think we should have spawn points all over the map and stop focusing the spawns on the coast...that is so annoying and promotes KOS

No happy medium to be had.

You're either on the manly man side of the fence. Or the liberace side of the fence.

I know which side my stones are placed. *beats chest*

Imao true that..

How would this bounty system work?  It would have to be player driven.

If it has to be a bounty system by players it might be bit tough to know who killed you to place that on people after death. Maybe tag them as "Bandits" after they kill few too innocent people. They get listed up in some boards along the cities (maybe even with last known location spotted at by players. Would have long delay) and people can add possible reward for someones head then. Food, ammo, guns, materials. Which are stored safely who the heck knows where till someone brings back proof of the kill. (Some bodypart of such).

Then there is option of having game sided bounty system, that adds sort of board and list of "Bandits" and how notorious they are ranks up the rewards if you might hunt them down and kill them.

Now the problem here comes with all the server hopping and such but it is an idea or two there.

how about we give non player killers better night vision...that would be a powerful encouragement....

I quite like that although its a bit implausable. It could improve over time slowly, then reset if you kill a player and it would be useful to a player trying to avoid conflict.

Random generated spawn points not on the coast would cut Kos.

Many player familiarise themselves with the coastal towns so bee line to them for supplies. Then they go to military locations for top tier items. Then its shoot everyine because they want their stuff.

By randomising location players they are in the styx unknown and un familiar (until the memorise the map) long way from preffered locations and making them play the game. I think this will make players cooperate as fear of the unknown in an unknown location will alter their perception and mindset.

On the other hand KOS will never stop anyway educate the players not the action.

Well i figured random spawns were already in, seeing as i spawned up by Novy as a new spawn once.

If it has to be a bounty system by players it might be bit tough to know who killed you to place that on people after death. Maybe tag them as "Bandits" after they kill few too innocent people. They get listed up in some boards along the cities (maybe even with last known location spotted at by players. Would have long delay) and people can add possible reward for someones head then. Food, ammo, guns, materials. Which are stored safely who the heck knows where till someone brings back proof of the kill. (Some bodypart of such).

Then there is option of having game sided bounty system, that adds sort of board and list of "Bandits" and how notorious they are ranks up the rewards if you might hunt them down and kill them.

Now the problem here comes with all the server hopping and such but it is an idea or two there.

I remember this idea being suggested a while ago.  The idea is a good one, but in reality it just wouldn't work.  If there was a way to make it work though, I would be all for it.