Sign in to follow this  
RyanS

Loot.

Hey, so at the moment I'm really liking the standalone but there is one thing that is ruining my experience, and that is loot. I couldn't wait to start looting in the houses and checking the shelves ect but when I spawned in Kamenka, I checked every single house and there was not one bit of loot, nothing. It wasn't just Kamenka, it was every other town also. I've tried joining different servers but still I could not find any loot. Is general loot just really really rare now or is there certain points on the map where loot spawns?

The thing is, loot doesn't respawn normally yet, only after server restart.

That combined with the already scarce spawn points and Kamenka being Kamenka and a coastal town is why you can't find any loot.

Try heading north, Zeleno is not that far :)

Edited by Tegla
  • Like 1

Did you try heading north? The way loot works now gives the effect that its not spawning but thats because people are clearing it out at the major spawn points. Normally if you head about 5 min north you will discover that some of the villages off the main roads will have a good amount of loot.

Edited by Holylance
  • Like 1

If you look everywhere but the places you frequented in the mod you will find plenty. Move your arse and explore for pete's sake.. :P

Please use the search function, or look in the recent Radio Chatter box. 1 hour ago exactly the same thing. Thanks.

• Like 1

This is like 1000th thread and this has been answered 10000th times. Lurk 5 minutes and you can see the reason...

• Like 1

May be I'm wrong, but it sounds like loots are spawning on server restart.

So if you play on a high population server and the server was was rebooted since several hours, all the city on the coast are already looted by others players and empty.

In the meantime, I played on a low population server just after a restart and loot was really easy, in less than 4 hours I got just by looting Balota area and Cherno hospital:

- A 35 slots backup pack, with hunting pants, tactical vest etc... allowing me to carry lots of stuff

- A M4 with ACOG scope, RedDot Scope, bayonetta, double STANAG mags, enhanced buttstock, attached flashlight

- Plenty of STANAG mags and rounds (with a nice ammo ox to store it in)

- a handgun with 1 mag

- medic stuff

- food/drinks

- axe and several others tools

=> ready to go north and have some action :)

If loot really spawn on server restart only, I think this might be a problem:

- if you play right after server restart, you can get your gear very very (too much ?) quickly

- if you spawn on the coast some time after server restart, it's almost impossible to find anything...

so difficulty is not really balanced according to me, in some case you get your gear too quick, in others case you almost can't find anything

Edited by matiman