toddmh

What is the "In-depth story-line" to SA ?

Not trying to troll or anything, but am I to do more than just survive? Did I miss something?

There is literally no story line. It's an open worlded MMO survival game. You survive, and tell your own tale. You're not given a story, but you in fact MAKE your own story.

Edited by AsOiX

Yeah, while you play, you will live your own story about your survival and the experiences with other players.

So we could say, its a total dynamic storyline created and influenced by every player on the server.

Edited by Ozar

although this is fine and fun, I thought there would be some kind of mission system or something..Thats the way Dayz SA wiki comes off under features..

although this is fine and fun, I thought there would be some kind of mission system or something..Thats the way Dayz SA wiki comes off under features..

Hmmmm... what specifically lead you to believe that? I am just curious. 

maybe I should of looked better into this..I got it from

dayz.gamepedia.com/DayZ_Standalone

maybe I should of looked better into this..I got it from

dayz.gamepedia.com/DayZ_Standalone

Yes, that's rather misleading. I've never seen rocket suggest any kind of artificial "story line" or mission system. 

He's often mentioned expanding on the background story of the game, and doing so in interesting ways like leaving clues around the map for players to find like news clippings or images, but I've never seen him suggest a "mission" system or any kind of story-based quest system. That would really go against the spirit of the game which is that the players make their own stories based on how they want to play.

There is a mission, it is the greatest one of all in gaming, Don't die.

• Like 1

Basically you're either driven by your desire to survive or driven by your desire to prevent others from surviving. The story is the intensity of the experiences you get, the story you tell yourself about the people you meet and a situations you get in to.

Edited by Dallas

This is your story.

Do what you want.

Want to be a hermit in the woods? Do it.

Want to be cranky old man standing outside a house telling everyone to stay offa your lawn? Do it.

Wanna run through Cherno in your underwear singing "it's raining men"? Do it.