Ozar

Idea of a new rescource that forces to team up.

The last thing this game needs is an attribute that can change a player's odds.

no one will be forced to do anything.

There is already 90% bandits in Day Z turning the ultimate cooperative survival into a cod death match.

Fine, they can play their stupid game

Let the smart people have a small bonus for WORKING AS A TEAM!

The selfishness of some people is outstanding.

I have literally no idea what you're talking about. I'm suggesting that no-one should be forced to play as a team, which is what the original suggestion was advocating. Your response confuses me.

This idea seems a bit 'facebook-y'. I'm not sure why but "You're happy Peter is around you" just sounds a tad..lame. Sorry.

Well that was just a suggestion.

But i think you got the core-thought of it.

Screw that what if you do not want to team up ?

Forcing people to team up to blood bag and insert ivs is bad enough especially when its something a single person could easily do to himself.

This idea seems a bit 'facebook-y'. I'm not sure why but "You're happy Peter is around you" just sounds a tad..lame. Sorry.

Idea just needs correct mechanics behind it. Like when you are not alone you have an "anti-fear", "anti-depression" and "not-losing-sanity" modifiers. Because, let's face it, everyone are iron willed lonewolves in game only while everything is good IRL.

Yeah, i think thats what i meant.

Sorry my english is really poor.

It would also lead to this "anti-depression"-idea of "Homiak".

I could imagine somelike it. But please dont hate me if i havent think about every single aspect of it.

Edited by Ozar

Yeah, i think thats what i meant.

Sorry my english is really poor.

it is 300x better than most people who's native language IS english. :)

• Like 1

Putting arcade stuff like that in hardcore survival game, no thanks

So, fear and loneliness are not important factors of survival?

Well, i dont think its arcade stuff.

Its rather Real-life-Stuff.

But how to impelement and balancing it right, thats the difficulty about it and maybe its the reason way this idea is not so got at the end as i was thinking it would be.

It is a real life stuff, it is a real life survival factor. Implementing and balancing it is another story and should be made by specially designated people - we can think out some basic rules, but implementation is completely in developers hands. We are just talking about conception, about idea here. And the idea is a correct one - loneliness has considerable influence on you physical and mental state. Hardcore survival game must take proper account of such factors.

I think there should be some type of skill learning in the game like with all the book you see around. Medical book so when you have that book on you, you can skill up your medical skills and so you give blood faster and so on and then you could have  mechanical book so you skill up on mechanical skill and can fix cars faster and maybe building skills, cooking skills,and so on that way you can go lonewolf  and skill your player up or team up and you could be specialized in a skill 

I think there should be some type of skill learning in the game like with all the book you see around. Medical book so when you have that book on you, you can skill up your medical skills and so you give blood faster and so on and then you could have  mechanical book so you skill up on mechanical skill and can fix cars faster and maybe building skills, cooking skills,and so on that way you can go lonewolf  and skill your player up or team up and you could be specialized in a skill 

Rocket has already stated that he wants people's characters to developer skills with medicine, cooking, mechanics, etc... to give people value - other than as blood donors.

I think there should be some type of skill learning in the game like ....

Ok its Off-Topic but no prob.

Well i can say that i saw a video ( 3 hours dean hall playin dayz) where they talked about that a player who puts on bandages for the first time can do it wrong and the wound  could get infected. But if you do it often you will get better at it. a bit similar to skyrim.

that would be awesome

Edited by Ozar

"Your are happy to have Peter around you" etc. !

Lol ^ this

I'd support that. I always had problems with shoot on sight, and i always play in groups.

afterall, we all need to socialize. one might go crazy if not (specialy in the zombie appocalypse) :D

I didn't read Bubba's entire post, but I agree that zombies are not, YET, a big enough threat to players as they need to be. In my opinion, Dayz should create some kind of incentive for wanting to kill zombies. Maybe they could have loot on them, or maybe they can have some kind of currency that they drop. Just ideas.

I didn't read Bubba's entire post, but I agree that zombies are not, YET, a big enough threat to players as they need to be. In my opinion, Dayz should create some kind of incentive for wanting to kill zombies. Maybe they could have loot on them, or maybe they can have some kind of currency that they drop. Just ideas.

Current zombies has "work in progress" state if I remember correctly.

But, actually, we are talking about an idea that game should take mental state of survivor in account regarding his approach to grouping/not grouping with other survivors.