Sign in to follow this  
Anti1460

loot not respawning

so far i have done tests with this and loot isnt respawning unless the server is restarted...

please tell me this is a bug and will be fixed!!!!  because looting coast towns/cities is pointless if the server is up for more than an hour.

link to someone saying this?  i have read alot of threads and even all the reports in the bug section and no answer on this.

can you link this?

link to someone saying this?  i have read alot of threads and even all the reports in the bug section and no answer on this.

can you link this?

i know i read somewhere about this problem i'll try to find the source when i get home (on the phone currently)

ok ty.  its not that i dont believe u its just that ppl always say "yes i read it somewhere" but normally its read from a guy that read from a guy that its some random person that said something that has nothing to do with making the game lol

• Like 2

I am terribly sorry for dissapointing you, i know i have read a post about loot respawning yesterday on reddit, but i cannot find it. I am searching for keywords "loot" "respawn" "restart" but no results.

This is rocket's reddit account www.reddit.com/user/rocket2guns

He posts quite often so take a look there

I hope its not a bug and will never be changed.

(Who says that every Character should survive an apocalypse, just the lucky ones will survive, thats how life works)

Edited by Ozar
  • Like 2

Theres lots of threads about loot and zombie respawn. I hope both are turned on eventually. Woldnt feel like a "persistant world" if loot didn't respawn. Plus it just encourages server hoping :(

I hope its not a bug and will never be changed.

(Who says that every Character should survive an apocalypse, just the lucky ones will survive, thats how life works)

Im in kinda the same boat. I would love if food and water as essential supplies stay scarce as they are, firearms too, but if loot didn't respawn, most new players would starve to death and eventually give up on the game.

Edited by Tegla

guys its ridiculous to expect the loot not to respawn, it kills the game and encourages server hopping...

how the fuck is this not priority 1 and already fixed???

from my understanding it was implemeneted on purpose this way, so that its more realistic. "once its gone its gone" for the loot is insane in a MMO.

people only join high pop for PVP and jump from low pop to high pop when they need loot...so ridic.

As Officer Ray just said, loot respawn only on server restart. Want good loot? Get out of the coast and embrace mother land of Chernarus. 

Good hunt!

I think the loot should respawn, just on a very slow timer.   Specially for the high value items like guns.   I think food and supplies should spawn faster than the High Value Items.

When it finally respawns I hope that it's more like 4-10 hours and the loot system progresses to be more like fallout 3

When it finally respawns I hope that it's more like 4-10 hours and the loot system progresses to be more like fallout 3

That sounds reasonable...   4 hours for the food and such and 10 hours for the rifles/handguns.   I hope they do it like that.

I think the loot should respawn, just on a very slow timer.   Specially for the high value items like guns.   I think food and supplies should spawn faster than the High Value Items.

The restart time of a server is about 4 h , dunno where but rocket said that.

I think a better way would be to spawn the same amount of loot over a period of time.

That way you would always find something but never much.

Where are you looking? If you're by the coast then you're doing the game wrong... There is loot to be found, you just have to look in the not-so-travelled places.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I don't recall loot magically coming back that much in the mod... Sure it loaded in but respawned? Hmm... I'm not sure. That was the very reason I went on servers that had restarts every 4-6 hours or so...

You could FORCE it to respawn by leaving loads of random crap everywhere and walking away and back again (when it loaded the area) but that was it so far as I experienced it...

Not a bug , only on restart.

It's not a "bug" but it's also not intended functionality. It's placeholder. rocket said this is not how loot respawning is going to work:

The current system is temporary, but the spirit of it is not.

Servers currently automatically restart every 4 hours. Looking at the metrics, most people are not looking for loot. They are running into rooms and then out.

We will be making balance adjustments in the next update, but the "proper" loot system won't appear until later on.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

Isn't loot and zombie respawn one of the big points of DayZ right now? Doesn't feel like a very persistent world if I loot a building run 100m away, have a beer, run back and it magically has more loot.

Isn't loot and zombie respawn one of the big points of DayZ right now? Doesn't feel like a very persistent world if I loot a building run 100m away, have a beer, run back and it magically has more loot.

Right, which is what I imagine rocket is referring to with his "balance adjustments" and "proper loot" mechanics.

Yes, I think we will move away from the mod strategy of looting a building, running away, and returning immediately for more loot.

That said, I also recognize that no loot respawn at all is impossibly restrictive, and timing it with server restarts gives people too much information (i.e., knowing when a server restart occurs gives you knowledge about loot that you shouldn't have).

An ideal system will balance the frequency of loot spawning with the number of active players, and include some element of randomness so that nobody will truly know when loot returns. Higher value loot targets like military barracks should also have longer respawn cycles and less predictability to ensure that these items are rare and difficult to obtain.

it always respawned in the mod.  i agree you shouldnt be able to walk away 100 ft and come back but it needs to respawn. maybe 30 mins to 1 hr.

Edited by Anti1460

It's not a "bug" but it's also not intended functionality. It's placeholder. rocket said this is not how loot respawning is going to work:

ty for someone actually taking the time to find the info and quote it. thats all i was asking for... instead of getting 2 pages of ppl blowing smoke up my ass and not bothering to answer the question, just complaining or saying their opinions...

no offense but i wanted an answer to my question from a dev/rocket, not some random person that doesnt do anything but play this game.  ty sir for actually answering the question