ProfessorShanks (DayZ)

COMMUNITY IDEAS

Gameplay  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Are you enjoying the Alpha?

• Yes It's what i expected
    • Eh its okay
    • No

I thought the idea of DayZ was that you washed up on shore after a zombie apocalypse just occurred... Obviously that isn't 100% what happens but that is what it is meant to be like or we may as well just spawn anywhere in the world...

I wouldn't have the player kills in there because the game should encourage surviving not killing. Things like: length of survival, 'cans of beans eaten' (for lulz), animals gutted, towns/sites visited etc... there are loads of really cool stats you can have in the game that make surviving more valuable and mindless killing less attractive.

It doesn't have to appear out of the air. You could find the cards and then it could start tracking, or you could start off with the cards and they could be grayed out UNTIL you get the respective achievement or whatever.

Steam have their own collectable card system out of game.

I have an idea that is more or less an expansion on Phatbastard's idea. More or less allowing weapons to be disassembled not just for the purpose of stuffing them into backpacks but also to allow repairs, cleaning, and customization. Not so in depth that it confuses anyone who doesn't know everything about the rifle but enough to make knowing a thing or two count.

Example:

You find an upper receiver for an M4 with a 20 inch barrel. It is missing the bolt and rear sights. To make it into a working rifle you need to find a bolt, lower receiver, rear sight (carry handle/optic), and a loaded magazine.

Each of these parts could have 2 condition levels, one for how damaged it is and another for how clean it is. Depending on the part they would effect different aspects of the rifle. For example a dirty barrel will reduce accuracy while a damaged bolt can cause the rifle to jam.

This would probably be a bitch to implement, but what about in-depth medical kits that test your blood for vitamins/minerals/glucose?

You would have test strips for various vitamins and minerals laying around in hospitals, which you could either use separately or combine to make a test panel. It would require a shitload of unique items to account for all of the various custom test panels, but I imagine the coding wouldn't be EXTREMELY hard to pull off once you laid the foundation (character information table with min-max values, current value, various rates of loss).

This would allow easy implementation/randomization of things like anemia, diabetes, scurvy, etc...

It doesn't have to appear out of the air. You could find the cards and then it could start tracking, or you could start off with the cards and they could be grayed out UNTIL you get the respective achievement or whatever.

Not a sarcastic question, just real.

Why do you need achievements? (on screen displays/rewards)

1/ Wolf, Wildboar, bear... Dangerous wild enemys in non zombie areas... 

2/ Wolf or bear pelt or fur... We can shoot the wild wolf and use its pelt for worm and cosmetic look... 

It doesnt need to appear on screen. Its in a box of cards on your inventory.

what about random zombie hordes wandering around the map? It would be scary to see a group of zombies walking toward your direction and you will have to hide in one of the buildings and wait for them to pass.

I think something that could be relatively easy to "fix" or work on would utilizing the notification system better. It seems like whenever you are thirsty or hungry, the notifications it gives arent scaled and worded as well as they could be. Adding a few more layers in between "I could use a drink" and "I'm dying of thirst" would go a long way in keeping track your actual condition.

For instance:

1. "I could eat something"

2. "I should grab something to eat soon"

3. "I'm hungry"

4. "I'm getting really hungry" 

5. "I'm gonna starve to death if I don't get something"

6. "I'm starving"

I'm sure this could be improved upon by someone much more creative and talented than myself, but you get the idea. Fleshing out these "thoughts" that go through your head would not only add realism but make it a really useful tool for keeping tabs on your health. The key would be keeping the thoughts interesting and worded well enough to not make it too easy. This strategy could be applied to every aspect of your character. Hunger, thirst, disease, bleeding, exhaustion, etc.

How bout maybe fixing the sun from rising in the South and setting in the North. Is this to totally disorientate us cos, it's just plain not right.  :rolleyes:

Instead of this, Like someone else said. Steam has out of game trading cards that would be cool.

DAYZ STANDALONE IDEAS

Submitted by: Victus Mortuus

WOW, i have a damn black screen at night.

how did they do that ? how is it so colorful ? i am a bit confused about this !

Is that supposed to look that way ? if yes, something is wrong with my settings.

EDIT: Maybe you can add my idea about a new rescource called: "Moral". its about teaming up.

this forum: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/155578-idea-of-a-new-rescource-that-forces-to-team-up/?hl=moral

Edited by Ozar

No. It's meant to be hardcore. And you already get a flashlight AND wrong forum. Go to suggestion forum

And if people want to post ideas, they'll post their ideas in their own thread, in the Suggestions Forum

Where is the suggestion forum that you are referring to actually? Not on this site at least non that I know of. Edited by DannyRed

I have a suggestion for a new melee weapon, I was thinking about having a Katana in the game but if we can't have that then we should definitely have a Shashka.

8620679_1_l.jpg