chewythefirst

the melee system is crap

omg the melee is the worst thing in this game this must be the first thing they need to fix.

anyone agree?

• Like 1

The majority of players agree but the vocal minority defense team on this forum is going to flame and troll this thread until it dies or is removed.

The majority of players agree but the vocal minority defense team on this forum is going to flame and troll this thread until it dies or is removed.

for real the hit markers are all over the shop, it is the worst i have ever seen in any game. including the mod. i love this game and want it to be great but the aiming system and melee system is terrible and needs to be the first thing that they work on.

but the vocal minority defense team on this forum is going to flame and troll this thread until it dies or is removed.

Maybe it might have something to do with the way he types 

"OMG THE MELEE SYSTEM IS CRAP FIX IT FIRST NOW"

There were a heap of warnings about the way the game's bugs are 

welcome to an early access alpha game 

Try and create a better structured post and people would take proper notice of them facescary.jpg

Edited by Star Thornberry
  • Like 4

Guess what... the weapon has an actual swing arc and hits where it connects with the "target" or another object. That is why your "hit markers" are all over the place because it doesn't hit your cursor it collides and hits whatever is in the way. it doesn't "stop" yet because that animation isn't in the game. Learn where the weapon passes through and you can magically hit what you want....  or you could come bitch on the forums about it being horrible... which ever floats your boat. I'm going to go melee some zombies and one shot them. ;)

Give it time.

The original engine doesn't have melee system to begin with so they are starting something they are not experience with.

Maybe it might have something to do with the way he types 

"OMG THE MELEE SYSTEM IS CRAP FIX IT FIRST NOW"

There were a heap of warnings about the way the game's bugs are 

welcome to an early access alpha game 

Try and create a better structured post and people would take proper notice of them facescary.jpg

maby one day yo might not be a troll but till then you have some fun being a ass

Protip:  See that little grey dot in the middle of the screen?  Aim that at zombie, then, click, twice.  Boom, dead zed is dead. 

At worst, you may or may not have to aim slightly towards wherever your weapon swings from.  

Guess what... the weapon has an actual swing arc and hits where it connects with the "target" or another object. That is why your "hit markers" are all over the place because it doesn't hit your cursor it collides and hits whatever is in the way. it doesn't "stop" yet because that animation isn't in the game. Learn where the weapon passes through and you can magically hit what you want....  or you could come bitch on the forums about it being horrible... which ever floats your boat. I'm going to go melee some zombies and one shot them. ;)

ok let me tell you why the melee system is bad, from the point you swing to the point it makes contact with what ever you want to hit you cant move or it will hit what ever you original where swinging at. meaning if you swing at a moving object you will never hit it. the only way to hit something is to hit a stationary object. and in this game players and zombies don't tend to stay in one place long enough for you to do your swing motion. i can fully understand that if you swing with a object inbetween you and what it is that  you want to hit that it will hit that instead of what it is you wanted to hit.

xD this chewythefirst guy's youtube channel has a 'kill montage' of him playing WarZ... 

i don't even

also, 

for real the hit markers are all over the shop, it is the worst i have ever seen in any game. including the mod. i love this game and want it to be great but the aiming system and melee system is terrible and needs to be the first thing that they work on.

there's plenty else they could be working on that's much more important. yes i agree the melee does need a lot of work but surely they need to be optimising server performance and fixing crashes and other game breaking things. the melee system 'needing a lot of work' doesn't mean it's the first thing they need to be doing. there's lots of work to be done everywhere.

maby one day yo might not be a troll but till then you have some fun being a ass

Please read what I said regarding the way you type and the effect it has on peoples responses.

I agree the melee system is bad and impossible to use indoors because of the system

"Imagine Mount and blade swing system only shittier"  

Devs have known about the problems with melee for awhile, but It requires more than a simple fix for it to work properly.

xD this chewythefirst guy's youtube channel has a 'kill montage' of him playing WarZ... 

i don't even

also, 

there's plenty else they could be working on that's much more important. yes i agree the melee does need a lot of work but surely they need to be optimising server performance and fixing crashes and other game breaking things. the melee system 'needing a lot of work' doesn't mean it's the first thing they need to be doing. there's lots of work to be done everywhere.

and what does it matter if my channel has warz on it? it also has dayz mod and cod, i play what i enjoy. i am not a fan boy like you and stick to one game i try to play all so i have a wide opinion on what it is i am talking about (and by saying wide that doesnt mean the only games i am talking about are dayz warz and cod) i had to say that  cos a lot more fan boys would have jumped on it, and i am betting that  some still might, so let me be the first to say i told you so if you are the first dumb person to.

plain and simple the melee system is god awful and needs a complete overhaul. 

Actually, I disagree. It just needs some tweaking.

Speak for yourself Lazy, you fucking dick.

Lol. Sorry. Tired of that guy's nonsense.

Edited by SalamanderAnder
No personal insults please. 1 point.
  • Like 4

I like the melee system the way it is. It's fun, and easy. You just have to LEARN to adjust to it. I do very well with melee.

You shouldn't make negative posts like that. It only draws negativity. Just saying.

• Like 1

ok let me tell you why the melee system is bad, from the point you swing to the point it makes contact with what ever you want to hit you cant move or it will hit what ever you original where swinging at. meaning if you swing at a moving object you will never hit it. the only way to hit something is to hit a stationary object. and in this game players and zombies don't tend to stay in one place long enough for you to do your swing motion. i can fully understand that if you swing with a object inbetween you and what it is that  you want to hit that it will hit that instead of what it is you wanted to hit.

Again... I have been 1 shotting zombies with axes which means I am hitting them and only using 1 swing. If I can figure it out I am fairly certain others can. I beat down two zombies with my fists by hitting them in the head and then getting a few shots in while they were down. Not sure what your issue is. 

The melee system in third person is awful. However, using melee weapons in first person is actually pretty easy by comparison, and a lot less buggy. You can see exactly where your axe swing goes and aim for the head more often than not. Have you tried using melee weapons in first person?

A poor craftsman blames his tools, or an FPS gamer lag/hax/exploits/game systems. 

I was doing fine with melee, its a bit tricky with the shovel and pointless with the baseball bat it seems, but the fireaxe seems to 1 shot zombies where ever you hit them. With the shovel it looks like I'm doing a wierd dance with them though, as I lure them into the street and then run round them furiously swiping... I'm sure it will improve soon but there are other more important issues to deal with first.

• Like 2

Oddly it feels better today than it did on day 1 of alpha release, that might just be because I'm getting used to how it works.

I think I'm going to spend a week in my tiny whities with just a melee weapon and a clown mask to kill every newbie I see to test the melee system further.

• Like 1

and what does it matter if my channel has warz on it? it also has dayz mod and cod, i play what i enjoy. i am not a fan boy like you and stick to one game i try to play all so i have a wide opinion on what it is i am talking about (and by saying wide that doesnt mean the only games i am talking about are dayz warz and cod) i had to say that  cos a lot more fan boys would have jumped on it, and i am betting that  some still might, so let me be the first to say i told you so if you are the first dumb person to.

if it's so easy and important to do then why don't you do it? you act as if there's nothing else wrong with the game. ITS A GODDAMN ALPHA WHAT DID YOU EXPECT GAH

disagree, i like it, in first person anyway.

but in third person, the game doesn't do a good job of telling you what happened, where or who a person was hit. the aiming retical is off aswell.

feels almost too easy killing zombies by punching them in the head and repeating until they are dead in first person. im sure that will change once zombies are more fleshed out.

Edited by west134

I thought the melee was complete crap at first but then I realized the two positions.

Lowered position your weapon hits spot on.  

Raised position your weapon makes contact to your right side.

Orient the enemy to your right side in most encounters and time the distance appropriately and you will hit every time.

I can kill zombies in one swing most of the time now unless they leap at me.

The only thing that needs to be removed is you. All I see posted by you is absolute shite, I don't imagine you'll last too long.

The melee system at the moment is yes, buggy. The game is an alpha. Still better than the mod.

Edited by OfficerRaymond
  • Like 2

Actually, I disagree. It just needs some tweaking.

Speak for yourself Lazy, you fucking dick.

Like many things in the standalone it's a great base.

Personally I think it is a great improvement.

I'd much rather they do general bug fixing first, while adding new features like ragdoll.

I was doing fine with melee, its a bit tricky with the shovel and pointless with the baseball bat it seems, but the fireaxe seems to 1 shot zombies where ever you hit them.

not only zeds. got axed today with one swing