Sign in to follow this  
whatup2003

Suggestion: Spread out the military grade spawns

Since the mod, every veteran's choice seems to be: get essentials, head to NW airport for guns. IMHO, this is making the game way to linear. To resolve this I'd like to suggest:

- lower the military grade spawn rate in the airport. Make unique drops(maybe not in game yet) non-exclusive to airport only.

- bring back heli crash sites(if not added yet) (random location)

- add destroyed military convoy sites (random location)

- add some more military tent sites across the map (fixed location, at least 1 in each major town)

The main idea is to spread the points of interest to encourage people to fully explore the whole map instead of having most of people on a server fight their brains out in one location: the NW airport.

EDIT: It seems there are more military spawn locations than before, but still weapons should not be exclusive to military locations or have too much of a significant chance to spawn in military locations. If people need some common sense behind this, think about this: the military forces are mostly sent out to rescue civilians across the whole area, so weapons, military gears are spread out to all the locations. It makes sense, and it helps with the gameplay.

Edited by realm13
  • Like 1

I haven't even been to the airports yet and I have found at least 10 M4s. The fact of the matter is they dont even have all of the loot or other weapons to fill out everything yet, and of corse the balancing isn't even close to done

be patient! see how they plan on doing it first before commenting on a temporary system that will not in the game much longer...

they are spread out now

have you even played the sa?

I haven't played all day long but I have played for maybe 5-6 hours in total. I've been to cherno and electro and haven't come across a single firearm. And the fact there is a lot of M4 in the game really bothers me. It is formally known as Soviet Russia right? There should be more Russian weapon laying about rather than US weapons. I know it's early alpha but.. still.. should added Ak47 or something instead of M4. And there is supposed to be more lower grade weapons even in civilian residents. Being Soviet Russia and post apocalypse and all that.

be patient! see how they plan on doing it first before commenting on a temporary system that will not in the game much longer...

I'm not rushing them. I just want to push this thought out there in case I forget about it later...

I haven't played all day long but I have played for maybe 5-6 hours in total. I've been to cherno and electro and haven't come across a single firearm. And the fact there is a lot of M4 in the game really bothers me. It is formally known as Soviet Russia right? There should be more Russian weapon laying about rather than US weapons. I know it's early alpha but.. still.. should added Ak47 or something instead of M4. And there is supposed to be more lower grade weapons even in civilian residents. Being Soviet Russia and post apocalypse and all that.

There are guns everywhere now. You need to look harder, and think about where you look.

• Like 1

Maybe you should venture around.

Why does everyone think cherno and elektro are the place to be?

• Like 1

cause the spawn points suck balls and thats where they end up

Edited by deebz1234

There are guns everywhere now. You need to look harder, and think about where you look.

So basically fire station? I was talking about civilian residence.

I just so happened to spawn right next to electro. I didn't walk a thousand miles to get there. Geez

and I went to cherno later because I need to meet my friend there.

Edited by realm13

Okay, so there's an issue people are missing.

Regardless of whether the "military/high-end" loot is spread out, it's still based upon highly-centralized locations (i.e. barracks). I've found more barracks than I can shake a stick at in the Standalone. Therein lies the problem.

They've spread the loot out yes, but they've added to its availability by including more barracks. Rather than removing the explicit guarantee of high-end military loot at the barracks, in favor of a "higher-chance of military loot at barracks", they've just kept barracks as the main spawner of military loot.

Now, I've found some military loot (i.e. weapon flashlights) in residential buildings and I've found an M4 in an office. Which is good, and a step in the right direction.

I'd much prefer the loot to actually be spread out (i.e. distributed) across the map, so that even residential houses have a minute chance of spawning mild military loot. Barracks/tents should be places where military loot is likely, but not wholly guaranteed to have spawned.

Edited by Katana67

I think we need hotspots.

Hotspots tells storys. (uh you was airport, damn we need medicin and must go to hospital)

Hotspots is a "must have".

Without them you have anonymous places, places no one remembers.

Edited by NoCheats

Just FYI, I have been up north for welll around 10 hours and I have had only 1 human interaction this whole time. It just so happened to be a 3 man squad I ambushed and gunned down but thats not the point. My point is, everything is pretty well spread as it is. So far I see no point to trek all the way to NWAF unless you want to. With military bases in balota, South of pavlovo, between Kabanino and Vybor and even the NE airfield, I see little point to go there. Military loot is more spread out than ever.

The new area South of Balota Airfield, you are welcome. 

I haven't played all day long but I have played for maybe 5-6 hours in total. I've been to cherno and electro and haven't come across a single firearm. 

I ran across a pile of bodies inside the firehall at Cherno. PILE! That is a high traffic area and you will NOT find a gun there unless the server just restarted and you get there first... without taking a shovel to the head as you bend over to pick it up.

they are spread out now

have you even played the sa?

this. I already found a military installment north of Kamenka. another where the supermarket used to be in Zelengorsk. and another west of Starry

I still think this is a bit unbalanced. (Having been all over the map in the last 2 days.) 

The west side of the map is HEAVILY weighed right now. Spawn Balota, NW to military base, zelenogorsk, Green Mountain, NW to military base, NWAF is a solid run and will leave you 100% kitted almost every time. 

The East side of the map has almost nothing. I haven't been into Solnichny so not sure if there is anything new there, but NEAF is really the only good spawn. Berez has no military tents anymore. Elektro -> Rog -> Solnichny -> Berez -> NEAF will give you most things you need but pretty low chance of good mil loot. 

Maybe I'm just missing some things but right now Balota to Kamenka is by far the best spawn and I don't really see a point to being on the Eastern half of the map. 

Edited by 5P4RK4

Okay, so there's an issue people are missing.

Regardless of whether the "military/high-end" loot is spread out, it's still based upon highly-centralized locations (i.e. barracks). I've found more barracks than I can shake a stick at in the Standalone. Therein lies the problem.

They've spread the loot out yes, but they've added to its availability by including more barracks. Rather than removing the explicit guarantee of high-end military loot at the barracks, in favor of a "higher-chance of military loot at barracks", they've just kept barracks as the main spawner of military loot.

Now, I've found some military loot (i.e. weapon flashlights) in residential buildings and I've found an M4 in an office. Which is good, and a step in the right direction.

I'd much prefer the loot to actually be spread out (i.e. distributed) across the map, so that even residential houses have a minute chance of spawning mild military loot. Barracks/tents should be places where military loot is likely, but not wholly guaranteed to have spawned.

I can agree to this. You have put it better than I did.

Dont forget that lootspawning isnt working properly atm.. so it doesnt mean that you cant find anything. that it doesnt spawn there

i would like to see something overrunned, corpses, corpshills, mass graves... - this should be everywhere... and of corse more MILITARY vehicles...

its like they didnt answer back on that infection! cmon!