Sign in to follow this  
whatup2003

Suggestion: Lower the food/water consuming rate

Last night with the new hunger/thirst meter update, I realized a full canned meat and a stomach full of pond water only last about less than 1 hour and I didn't sprint at all... This is kind of rediculous even by real life standards, don't you think?

So I suggest to lower the food/water consuming rate to at least 50% of what it is now. For alpha testing purpose though, I would suggest to make it even lower before wild animals are implemented.

• Like 1

yes yes! this is has ben discussed to death and 99 percent agrees including rocket! so be patient! they are tweaking it after they fix all game breaking bugs

No. You eat a tin of spaghetti only, then go for a run and see if your still hungry afterwards. You will be.

How did you get "tin of spaghetti" from "canned meat"? I don't even...

I think longer-term the amount of food/drink required will almost certainly be lowered, as there's going to be much more to do, and you're simply not going to have time to look after all the new stuff AND keep yourself stocked to the gills with food and water.

For now, I don't think it's a big issue, as it's not like there's much else to do other than dodge the maniacs running round with fire axes. :p

yes yes! this is has ben discussed to death and 99 percent agrees including rocket! so be patient! they are tweaking it after they fix all game breaking bugs

Sorry I didn't see the previous posts. Didn't know how to search for them either. my bad

Edited by realm13

No. You eat a tin of spaghetti only, then go for a run and see if your still hungry afterwards. You will be.

He won't be. I've been running for the most of my life, and I've never felt hungry after running. 

My current char has zero hunger/thirst problems. When I started I ran for the nearest source of water and drank as much as I could. Then i headed North. A day later he looks like this:

dayz2013-12-1817-10-2vdyxc.jpg

Leave the coast and loot will be MUCH easer to find. By now I often actually leave food behind because I don't need it.

• Like 1

Hungry? Yes.

Unconscious? NO.

If you think this is realistic you ought to consult your family physician.

Yes, and in a survival situation, a can of sardines and a bottle of purified water is going to be your meal. Like it or not.

The eating/drinking is a bit much now, and will be addressed. Wouldn't worry.

So I suggest to lower the food/water consuming rate to at least 50% of what it is now.

I'd really like to see it lowered even more. you shouldn't need more than 3 cans per day to keep your char going (assuming he sleeps when you're offline). and you shouldn't just fall over unconscious after going without food for a few hours. a few days seems like a more sensible time frame 

I think food/water consumption rates are just fine. You want people to constantly scavenge for food. Having a player literally live on a handful of cans for a whole week (a few hours playtime every day) would totally negate the idea of "survival" since finding food is really no big challenge right now. If you walk away from the spawn locations at the coast food is more than plenty and water is free from ponds, streams and wells.