Sign in to follow this  
-Gews-

I need my zoom back

"Not sure if bug or feature"

However I'm hoping "bug", and not feature, because iron sights are almost unusable right now. For all I know this could be slated for fixing - or it could be this way on purpose.

Took a picture of aiming at a zed in DayZ, vs a similar situation in ArmA 2. Drew a red box around both zeds. The one in ArmA 2 appeared about twice as large!

DayZ

HMPSUXZ.png

ArmA 2

mWvmIDX.png

This is made worse for those of us with small monitors. Can't see anything clear enough to aim. The zoom in ArmA 2 was supposed to represent actual visual acuity. Now, it zooms a bit in DayZ as well when you look down the iron sights, but not even as much as when zooming in third or first person free-look.

i miss it to but if i didnt play dayzmod i would not expect myself to zoom in further then scoped in..... with iron sights epsc.

I miss it too
BUT
this makes optics more valueable
and THIS is more  immersive and more fun imho
so .. let it like it is and we will get used to
and we will be more happy when we find an 3.,5 scope

• Like 2

I miss it too

BUT

this makes optics more valueable

and THIS is more  immersive and more fun imho

so .. let it like it is and we will get used to

and we will be more happy when we find an 3.,5 scope

Well, optics were always more valuable. Here's an example:

Field of view on ArmA 2 ACOG was 0.0623. Field of view on zoomed in iron sights was 0.25.

0.25 / 0.063 = 4x

The ACOG had a 4x zoom.

So you see, the zoomed in level was the one considered "normal". The zoomed out level was the one that was for gameplay. They couldn't represent both the sharpness of human eyes and their field of view on a flat computer monitor, so they needed a variable zoom level.

I found it also made gameplay more enjoyable, I hate not being able to make out things at ArmA distances.

I'm hitting things dead on. KoS in one-two shots in most cases.

Learn to take more care with sighting and when to fire-- Don't just fire erratically as soon as you see somebody.

I'm hitting things dead on. KoS in one-two shots in most cases.

Learn to take more care with sighting and when to fire-- Don't just fire erratically as soon as you see somebody.

Not the point, I can't hit things that I can't even see. I do have some basic knowledge of how to aim, thanks. Just look at the first two pictures - for those of you with 24" 1920x1080 monitors, perhaps you can see stuff because your screen is twice as large. Now try it on a 13". :(

Besides, I have a hard time believing people can use the M4 to consistently hit things from any appreciable distance when the accuracy is, apparently, almost 60 times worse than the M4 in ArmA 2.

Edited by Gews

Not the point, I can't hit things that I can't even see. I do have some basic knowledge of how to aim, thanks. Just look at the first two pictures - for those of you with 24" 1920x1080 monitors, perhaps you can see stuff because your screen is twice as large. Now try it on a 13". :(

Besides, I have a hard time believing people can use the M4 to consistently hit things from any appreciable distance when the accuracy is, apparently, almost 60 times worse than the M4 in ArmA 2.

Accuracy seems to be the same. What I think might be happening is wind. I have attempted long range shots using the mosin and have noticed bullet impacts are often far to the left or far to the right leading me to believe there is now wind.

Accuracy seems to be the same. What I think might be happening is wind. I have attempted long range shots using the mosin and have noticed bullet impacts are often far to the left or far to the right leading me to believe there is now wind.

The Mosin's accuracy is much better, I'm only talking about the M4 in that case. The Mosin isn't very accurate either (8.6 MOA), but that befits a gun that was made in 1932, abused by conscripts and which then lived in a random farmer's barn for the rest of its life.