nwackes

Anyone else enjoying the game so far?

Hello everyone and welcome! Ive been playing the alpha for about 2 days now and im really enjoying it after a shaky start and some minor, yet expected bugs. Granted a lot of the bugs and even the new hunger system can be found explained in these forums. So far me and a few buddies have m4s which I think are currently the best guns in the game (correct me if im wrong) and found an enormous amount of supplies. Anyone else have some good memories already and having fun? Cheers!

• Like 2

Good to see people enjoying the game! Loving the physics as far as players go. So much more consistent and easier to pvp and defend yourself.

I definitely am, especially since I've figured out how not to die of thirst. I've made it all the way to NWAF, and am now 3/4th of the way back to cherno with a fully decked out M4, lots of ammo and a rucksack full of food and water.

I think the trick is to find a re-fillable container soon after you spawn at the coast, then make your way north via ponds as waypoints, looting along the way. This way I've managed to keep myself fed and watered as I've been collecting gear all night. Now I'm sully loaded up and ready kick some ass :P

The new hunger/thirst indicators are 10000% better as well. You can actually tell how close you are to unconsciousness, which makes a world of difference.

• Like 1

I'm enjoying it, but... every time I log on I am paranoid as shit. I have a ton of loot I'm carrying around with me and every creek, crack, and moan gets me all jumpy... lol

Downloaded. Played for a few hours. Reached data cap. Told teenager he's moving out over school holidays or getting a job to pay for internet use.

One life within my limited time I became so dehydrated I couldn't see anything, not even the person I requested to beat me to death with my own baseball bat.

But yes, enjoyed it.

• Like 1

Even the game is bugged (as its early alpha) its already playable and enjoyable. The only thing we have to do now is to find and report bugs so at the end we will have a perfect survival game

Hello everyone and welcome! Ive been playing the alpha for about 2 days now and im really enjoying it after a shaky start and some minor, yet expected bugs. Granted a lot of the bugs and even the new hunger system can be found explained in these forums. So far me and a few buddies have m4s which I think are currently the best guns in the game (correct me if im wrong) and found an enormous amount of supplies. Anyone else have some good memories already and having fun? Cheers!

I've had nothing but frustration, every time I find a weapon there is no ammo to be found anywhere, I'm constantly starving even when eating constantly.  There are no fucking bandages anywhere.  So my gameplay pretty much goes like this:

1.  Fucking god damned night time all the time

2. Performance hasn't improved from the Arma 2 vanilla engine

3. People kill me on sight every time I see them, even if I don't have shit.  Even if I find a fucking axe or something unarmed people run up and start punching me just to be little fucking annoying shits.

I've had more frustration and annoyance in the standalone than the mod version.  Rocket spent all his fucking autistic time working on making clothes look different when laying on the ground and didn't improve anything else.

I've had nothing but frustration, every time I find a weapon there is no ammo to be found anywhere, I'm constantly starving even when eating constantly.  There are no fucking bandages anywhere.  So my gameplay pretty much goes like this:

3. People kill me on sight every time I see them, even if I don't have shit.  Even if I find a fucking axe or something unarmed people run up and start punching me just to be little fucking annoying shits.

I've had more frustration and annoyance in the standalone than the mod version.  Rocket spent all his fucking autistic time working on making clothes look different when laying on the ground and didn't improve anything else.

Tear bits of your clothes off to make rags to stop any bleeding. 

Ive found the performance to be heaps better, I know it will be different across various systems but for me it runs really smooth ... its only when I enter somewhere like cherno I notice the FPS drop.

Having a lot of fun tho, would much rather stick with the alpha and help make it better  :)

Tear bits of your clothes off to make rags to stop any bleeding. 

How the hell do you do that? I've tried right clicking them and there's no  option to do so.  I picked up a first aid kit and I can't do shit with it, right clicking it does nothing, putting it in my hands doesn't help either.  The only way I've managed to stop bleeding before is by finding rags on a dead guy I came across

Sorry to hear that, maybe play the game in a different approach.

-I was just on an Eastern server that was day. Seems pretty random.

-Game runs better than the Mod in most cases for me.

-Just Day z spirit.

Quick-tip - You can rip your shirt and make them into rags and also work like bandages.(Remember to remove your shirt) I don't think this works with the default white t-shirt your character has under.

Edit* It seems you're suffering from what we all are. This is the time to test stuff. For medkits drag it into the "Hands" section of inventory and it should open up and you drag the item you want to use.

Edited by Dyckman

I love the feeling the Game gives to me at the moment.  I feel like Surviving again. Not just Jumping from point A to B.

I still got my first Charakter it was so hard to keep it alive since everthing was new and i could judge how much Hunger Thirst and Zombies will impact on me.

After a while i found myself some gear and learned to Survive.

I actually like how much Supplies you have to gather in order to Stay alive. The only contra so far for me is. Where are the Zombies :( seen like 10? killed 3.

If they roam arround the experience would be even better.

Only played for a couple hours yesterday but I had fun. It was familiar yet at the same time it wasn't. I'm looking forward to playing some more once my friends decide to pick it up. 

I love the feeling the Game gives to me at the moment.  I feel like Surviving again. Not just Jumping from point A to B.

I still got my first Charakter it was so hard to keep it alive since everthing was new and i could judge how much Hunger Thirst and Zombies will impact on me.

After a while i found myself some gear and learned to Survive.

I actually like how much Supplies you have to gather in order to Stay alive. The only contra so far for me is. Where are the Zombies :( seen like 10? killed 3.

If they roam arround the experience would be even better.

Yeah, hardly ever see zombies, and when i do, they take ages to attack me, and their always 1 hit kills with my M4. I dont like how its nearly always night, and the rareer loot. Sickness annoys me too, because i went with my friend fro cherno apartments to kozlovka, and i shot two people at a well to take all their gear :D (I know im a terrible person towards the community but shoot or be shot IMO) then suddenly BOOM, sickness. I knew i was going to die, so i ran north and died.

How the hell do you do that? I've tried right clicking them and there's no  option to do so.  I picked up a first aid kit and I can't do shit with it, right clicking it does nothing, putting it in my hands doesn't help either.  The only way I've managed to stop bleeding before is by finding rags on a dead guy I came across

If you have a shirt or something just drop it on the ground and right click on it while its on the ground. It should give you the option to tear into rags and the rags will go into your inventory straight away. 

Ive ripped up clothing while its been in my inventory/on my body as well but if you have troubles then just try it on the ground.

I love it ! feels like I've been waiting for so long but really it wasnt that long.. Yes I'm pretty happy with it, I'm just trying my best not to thrash it to much and take my time and only play a little bit.. but well.. THATS A BIT HARD... but yes this is the answer to my gaming dreams.. the atmosphere and immersion is farking 2nd to none compared with anything and everything else ever available to any human... but honestly need and want to have the patients to wait till a lot of the bugs are ironed out and there is a good zombie amount spawned on the server..Everyone involved has done an awesome job for only 18 months work or whatever it has been 

Only encountered my first game breaking bug today but other than that LOVE IT