amlaborde@windstream.net

Massive Game Breaking Problem.

I can only imagine. But coming on the forums and disrespecting people that have not even replied yet is a bad way to get help.

Like i said in above post.. Reinstall. It works so if you start as if you never had anything before (ie. delete all files) and then download them and install and everything. If it still does not work something is wrong with your computer.

This is exactly why I think something is corrupted. Have you tried deleting all of your DayZ files? and redownloading them? and reinstalling.

Yes I have tried... And the above poster ^ that is why I placed that edit at the beginning of the OP. People who assume too much and do not help anything.

That's what you get for playing on the job - or in any situation where you have a high risk of accidental disconnects. In an alpha specially so.

Sit back - wait for the next patch (DayZ or ARMA - either one) and see if it fixes your....predicament.

Now let me spell this out for some of you people... I DID NOT INTENTIONALLY quit the game so I did not die... GET THAT THROUGH YOUR SHALLOW MINDS. I played at work and I had to leave to help a customer.

I just tried the new character. Did not work at all.... Also to the people saying that I just quit because I was dying: Nice job on your assumption! I was playing at work so I had no choice but to leave.

I'm confused did you or did you not intentionally disconnect from the game? Leaving and disconnecting to go help a customer is intentionally disconnecting from the game.

As to your "Massive Game Breaking Problem", try a fresh install.

I guarantee that it is something on the lines of:

You dont have ALL the up to date DayZ files (delete all your old ones, download again)

You havent installed the beta correctly (get from BI and install correctly - get instructions on threads in this forum)

You are not playing on an up to date, correct server (sometimes even though servers say they are, they arent!)

If any of these apply you will be in a world of hurt....like you currently are.

Or maybe this is the DC fix Rocket said was coming - it Nukes your game!

Protip: Installing the beta patch isn't enough. You actually have to be running the beta patch exe for it to have any effect.

So many douchebags calling it justice... Sad really. He explained a reason, and it's up to you to believe it or not. But wishing other people to have everything bugged? That' F'd up.

So many douchebags calling it justice... Sad really. He explained a reason' date=' and it's up to you to believe it or not. But wishing other people to have everything bugged? That' F'd up.

[/quote']

And the reason for leaving as he explained is deliberate combat logging - so it's all part of the poetic justice. One might even call it karma. :D

Well, I have just tried re installing the game from steam... The Problem is till happening. I keep spawning in the debug plains when I try and kill myself.

angrybrute

Like I said I find it funny this should happen to you because I get extremely frustrated when I get shot at by someone, get the upper hand then they disconnect that being said i'm going to help you.

When you spawn out in those endless fields your waaay out to the northwest so run southeast it'll take a couple hours probably but if you say you keep spawning out there you'll have a few lives to do it.

Also try this log in hit respawn so your character is dead.

Now reinstall the beta and the dayz files (use the torrent it comes complete and its noob friendly)

Make sure you log into a server with 1.7.1.5 like colorado 3 that someone suggested I know my server is 1.7.1.5 but I don't want a dc/er like you playing there good day!

So many douchebags calling it justice... Sad really. He explained a reason' date=' and it's up to you to believe it or not. But wishing other people to have everything bugged? That' F'd up.

[/quote']

And the reason for leaving as he explained is deliberate combat logging - so it's all part of the poetic justice. One might even call it karma. :D

No, its called playing while at work, and then a customer comes at the wrong time, so you just log off to help them..

I like how some people are helping; but giving a very condescending tone as if they know what they are talking about.... I did not leave the server in order to avoid death. I left to deal with a customer that is that. I am no cheater and the sooner some of you people open your eyes, and loose the Inquisition--the sooner this will all be put to rest... Now I have heard a post that the new 1.7.6 update should fix this--if that is indeed the problem that they have found.

No' date=' its called playing while at work, and then a customer comes at the wrong time, so you just log off to help them..

[/quote']

He says he would have died anyway. He should have left it open and come back to it. Instead he tried to log out nearly dead.

I still should have died regardless if I only had like 200 HP left.... You remain in the game for 5 more seconds.

But still, I keep hitting respawn and I do NOT get the You Are Dead pop up. Instead I go to the debug forest or plains and hear sombody say "8".

When I can get into the actual world, there are no zombies, and players cannot see me.

Update 1.7.1.1 says that you have a 5 second delay when you disconnect (that keeps you in game). And after that; I have seen nothing to indicate that it has been removed.

Update 1.7.1.1 says that you have a 5 second delay when you disconnect (that keeps you in game). And after that; I have seen nothing to indicate that it has been removed.

You could try it ingame though

Right now i just run through cities to where i want to go, log out and back in to loot, zombies can never get you and if you do it right you will never lose HP from this.

You do not remain in the game for 5 seconds. They removed that, as it was causing performance issues.

You are probably not running the beta patch. Launch the game and look in the main menu at the lower right corner.

If it does NOT say 1.60.93965, you are not running the beta. (It probably says something like 1.60.8****.)

When you've confirmed that you're not running the beta, you'll need to find the instructions and figure out how to be running the beta on your own. I've already walked six people through the instructions, holding their hands the entire way. I've come to the conclusion that if you're not well-versed in computer troubleshooting enough to find the instructions on how to run the beta, you shouldn't be testing an alpha.