Sign in to follow this  
JulioRey

Are there First Person only servers and without crosshair?

Hey guys,

Greetings from an old hardcore dayz player

How is the setting, the parameters, in most of the servers? It's easy to find a server without crosshair and without 3 person? With no side chat either

Thanks in advance 

Edited by JulioRey
  • Like 2

For the moment everything is standardised on every server to ease testing. There will probably (very likely) be different server settings using different hives, or "difficulties" if you want, in the future.

Side chat does not exist anymore.

• Like 1

Crosshair is placeholder, so we'll be saying farewell to that too soon.

• Like 6

Personally I don't get why they had a crosshair in the first place. What for? Can't you tell the middle of your screen by yourself? :P

As for 3P... Some people "need" it, but I'd rather play on a first person only server :)

for people who have issues running the game, third person movement feels smoother. I agree with the crosshairs though.

third person is better for immersion, seeing your character, and enables a wider pheripheral view which is nearer to real life than having a camera in  a box at head height.

I really would like a filter for first person only servers too.

• Like 1

third person is better for immersion, seeing your character, and enables a wider pheripheral view which is nearer to real life than having a camera in  a box at head height.

I think the exact opposite. I feel detached and playing a character instead of myself in 3 person.  Also what the other guy said there is the field of view bar so you can get a greater peripheral view. The game breaking aspects of 3 person (seeing around corners or over hills, walls, etc.) far outweighs the reduced peripheral vision in my opinion.  Also zombies are far scarier, and cover much more useful in 1st person.  Can't wait for those servers to start.

• Like 2

The game is very solid, even on the actual stage. Not saying isnt bugged (major issue for me is the zombies x buildings, but I'm sure for the developers there are more important stuff to work on it). Good development until here, especially on the item parts btw. I'm loving the survival immersion and where you guys wanna go... I am looking forward for the next update more weapons thought, but the ace FOR ME would be the 1st person servers and the gamma/bright options removed... But since there are daylights servers, I belive the 1st person is just a question of server parameters settings? God damn it should be made to play has a first person, as a simulator! Seen your character has nothing to do with immersion, immersion is when YOU are your character hehe

Cheers guys, and keep the good work!

• Like 1

for people who have issues running the game, third person movement feels smoother. I agree with the crosshairs though.

This isn't another argument about camera perspective guys, he just wants to play on a server without third person. No need to get your feathers all ruffled.

In the mod playing first person only was unbearable, but its quite nice on SA  :huh:

I actually do belive the character in first person feels smother on arma 2 and arma 3 than on standalone. This system of "running with the weapon ready to fire" is 10 times worst than the arma 3 (that one is pretty good). I agree it's a "miss" on arma 2 but the way it was implemented in the engine isnt fluid as I would espectate.

Also imo the "direction" the player goes when you press "W+D" is in such bad angle, kind "static", I do preffer how it feel on arma 2.

I belive with a little bit of tweaking all those features could be implemented and turn into a very good thing... but for now I feel it's less realistic than Arma 2 vanilly or especially with ACE mod.

In the mod playing first person only was unbearable, but its quite nice on SA  :huh:

Holy cow is this true. Playing the mod taught me to only use 3p; after all, if the bandits out there are going to use it to peer around corners, I would be at a massive disadvantage if I didn't do the same. And yet I only play the SA in 1p; aside from it being more useful when inside buildings and looting, it actually /feels/ significantly better.

Personally I don't get why they had a crosshair in the first place. What for? Can't you tell the middle of your screen by yourself? :P

As for 3P... Some people "need" it, but I'd rather play on a first person only server :)

I agree. Crosshair ruins screenshots :)

I too would like a server that is a 24-HR cycle, no third person, and no crosshairs. 

Someone recommend a server if they can please.

I actually do belive the character in first person feels smother on arma 2 and arma 3 than on standalone. This system of "running with the weapon ready to fire" is 10 times worst than the arma 3 (that one is pretty good). I agree it's a "miss" on arma 2 but the way it was implemented in the engine isnt fluid as I would espectate.

Also imo the "direction" the player goes when you press "W+D" is in such bad angle, kind "static", I do preffer how it feel on arma 2.

I belive with a little bit of tweaking all those features could be implemented and turn into a very good thing... but for now I feel it's less realistic than Arma 2 vanilly or especially with ACE mod.

The first person is significantly better in Standalone. The view doesn't shake, and bob as much as it did in Arma 2. I can't confirm Arma 3. That may be more improved than Standalone, but I wouldn't know.

Also, it IS less realistic than Arma 2 as far as military combat simulation is concerned. However, DayZ isn't about military combat. DayZ is about regular civilians trying to survive. It is significantly more realistic in that regard.

The only reason for a crosshair would be for getting loot in awkward places. They will hopefully stop placing loot in the oddest places!

The first person is significantly better in Standalone. The view doesn't shake, and bob as much as it did in Arma 2. I can't confirm Arma 3. That may be more improved than Standalone, but I wouldn't know.

Also, it IS less realistic than Arma 2 as far as military combat simulation is concerned. However, DayZ isn't about military combat. DayZ is about regular civilians trying to survive. It is significantly more realistic in that regard.

I agree with you, but since the engine is "the same" it's worth the enffort to keep the combat realistic has the military simulator it came from, also that was one of the aces of dayz, not the "military" stuff has the AS50 (that doesnt fit the game at all) or for the KOS, but on how arma 2 is awesome in combat gameplay... Wich continous a part of the dayz "civilian survival" aspect you said... has the beautiful combats between le enfields and ak74 on the mod and what made dayz solid because was Arma 2

The only reason for a crosshair would be for getting loot in awkward places. They will hopefully stop placing loot in the oddest places!

That is a good point. Maybe the pointer only shows up on the screen when you have your weapon lowered, or when you activate the action menu.  That way you can use it for looting but not for shooting.

• Like 1