jjeez

Is 3rd person really going away?

Saying 3rd person is for scrubs is completely faulty logic. The difference between the two is simple.

First person encourages camping and slow movement ( not in a bad way ). Because of limited sight.

Third person as a game play element favors a more aggressive, faster paced game. Because you will generally always see the other person and it comes down to execution. Also, camping is not as viable as when 3rd person is in play because of looking around corners ect. Im not saying camping is impossible or not a good tactic while in 3rd person. It just isn't as safe as it would be in 1st.

TL;DR

3rd person = aggression and speed

1st person = slow methodical movements, checking corners ect.

Many people are way too thick to realize this, and resort to calling others ''cod kiddies'' or ''console fags''. It comes down to your play style.

So really stop with this bullshit and play how you want to play and let others do the same.

I prefer 3rd person and I've never owned a console and grew up on cs 1.6. Also have never touched cod. Guess im breaking the mold huh?

No way' date=' keep third person in. The people that are butthurt about thirdperson can go play on first person servers, how is that even hard? The problem has already been solved, there's plenty of first person only servers to choose from.

[/quote']

/thread

And I'm a first person player, I just don't see the argument here. I don't like tags, cross-hairs, 3dp, so I play on servers that disable it.

Saying 3rd person is for scrubs is completely faulty logic. The difference between the two is simple.

First person encourages camping and slow movement ( not in a bad way ). Because of limited sight.

Third person as a game play element favors a more aggressive' date=' faster paced game. Because you will generally always see the other person and it comes down to execution. Also, camping is not as viable as when 3rd person is in play because of looking around corners ect. Im not saying camping is impossible or not a good tactic while in 3rd person. It just isn't as safe as it would be in 1st.

TL;DR

3rd person = aggression and speed

1st person = slow methodical movements, checking corners ect.

Many people are way too thick to realize this, and resort to calling others ''cod kiddies'' or ''console fags''. It comes down to your play style.

So really stop with this bullshit and play how you want to play and let others do the same.

I prefer 3rd person and I've never owned a console and grew up on cs 1.6. Also have never touched cod. Guess im breaking the mold huh?

[/quote']

Yeah except the Call of Duty games are all first person, so I don't see why COD&3DP are being lumped together when it was always COD&FP

wut?

3rd person encourages camping because you can be completely invisible behind an object yet still have LOS past it

a guy in 3rd can camp without fear of ever being seen while 1st forces players to expose themselves

wut?

3rd person encourages camping because you can be completely invisible behind an object yet still have LOS past it

a guy in 3rd can camp without fear of ever being seen while 1st forces players to expose themselves

Oh stop being bloody stupid! Camping is on every game going, doesn't make a difference if its on a 3rd person game to a first person game it will always exist period!!!

NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO PLAY ON 3RD PERSON SERVERS, NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO PLAY THIS GAME!! 3RD PERSON WAS BUILT INTO ARMA AND YOU KNEW THIS FROM THE START SO STOP BLOODY MOANING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think there should be one difficulty level for all players and it should be the hardest. Otherwise, people will just get all their stuff from playing on the easy servers and bring all of that with them when they play on the hardcore servers.

The other possible option is that if you begin your life on an easy server, you wouldn't be allowed to bring your character with you on servers with higher settings.

wut?

Oh stop being bloody stupid! Camping is on every game going' date=' doesn't make a difference if its on a 3rd person game to a first person game it will always exist period!!!

NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO PLAY ON 3RD PERSON SERVERS, NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO PLAY THIS GAME!! 3RD PERSON WAS BUILT INTO ARMA AND YOU KNEW THIS FROM THE START SO STOP BLOODY MOANING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote']

chillax brosephine, I was only responding to an inane post by stating a simple fact: 3rd person allows one-way LOS, 1st does not

why are you mad though?

wut?

Oh stop being bloody stupid! Camping is on every game going' date=' doesn't make a difference if its on a 3rd person game to a first person game it will always exist period!!!

[/quote']

chillax brosephine, I was only responding to an inane post by stating a simple fact: 3rd person allows one-way LOS, 1st does not

why are you mad though?

The argument you make is plain stupid and got nothing to do with this.

What you say is, Server got 3rd on, you still choose to use 1st, then whine he can see you over a wall. Woooow

Even if it was 3rd vs 3rd you cant stop camping, but atleast then you cant whine about getting killed.

1st person only, fair enough, everyone got the same advantage.

3rd person, fair enough, everyone got the same advantage if you decide to use it.

Pick a server that fits what you like, and stop moaning and making these comments/post just to provoke something that don't matter. At all.

If they remove third person, i will probably quit this game.

Servers should be allowed to decide.

Plus it's nice to step back and take a look at my character every now and then.

---

Only first person? Well in that case you better make me aim and throw grenades as fast as Battlefield 3 because this shit is so god damned clunky (even with good sensitivity settings) that I want to fall over.

If it took me as long to sight on a target in real life as it does in Arma II, I wouldn't even be here right now. I would have been a haji's bitch a long time ago.

when did countering an argument without making a single subjective value judgement become 'provoking'? when did countering an argument become moaning?

camping is not as viable when 3rd person is in play because of looking around corners ect. Im not saying camping is impossible or not a good tactic while in 3rd person. It just isn't as safe as it would be in 1st

and Morietti' date=' when did this

[img']http://i.imgur.com/9m50E.jpg

give the same advantage to the poor dead motherfucker on the road?

why does this matter? check the thread topic: devs have made mention of an intent to limit servers to the same ruleset - I'm sticking up for the ruleset I favour

If they disable it completely I will probably stop playing the game. I use third person walking around and then when I get around zombies I go into first person. Running across country in first person is super annoying and makes me feel dizzy and claustrophobic.

third person gives is pretty unfair in pvp situations, but it's such an enjoyable thing to have when you're NOT fighting that i really can't imagine the game without it. i've played on vet servers before of course (la 5 for lyfe!) but honestly i only want to play those servers if i'm already rolling and i want to scrap with people in elektro.

if i'm running in the wilderness or crawling through barns on a new character, third person is a must.

IT seemed to me, that you was provoking the guy you quoted, in the way you did, and that image dont say much, exept that the guy in the middle of the road is pretty stupid to go out in the open. 3rd or 1st, you'd see him, he be just as dead.

Yes you would be more visual, but i myself travel in 3rd person and fight in 1st, always, because its easier to aim.

So having 1 ruleset would, well, be a bad thing, i dont want to force 3rd on anyone, nor force the 1st person on anyone.

I've played entirely in 1st person and I have no problem with it. If they are limiting servers to one ruleset, 3dp OFF and CH OFF. It's just too exploitable and gives unfair advantages to people in cover already, as the pic above shows.

I too prefer 3rd person for general running around and looting.

But when im actually going to shoot something or someone i goto 1st person mode for the accuracy.

So there is a valid use for both modes.

But to take 3rd person away they would have to give us a slider bar to change the FOV ( i know you can do it in cfg file but its not user friendly for everyone ) and make our POV higher up !

In other 1st person games your Eyes view point is actually right on top of your head. It seems like in Arma your eyes viewpoint is on your chest.

I also use 3rd person because I get better FPS when running through the miles and miles of fields and forest.

Really Really hope they remove 3rd person when this game gets locked down to one ruleset.

No 3DP, No Crosshairs, No Nametags, No Waypoints. Expert / Hardcore servers.

No text / side chat channels, Direct Communication only, no death / server / text spam in the lower left hand corner, and we are good.

That type of restricted ruleset for DayZ would be the shit.

The other day i was thinking about how removing 3rd person would be an great idea in terms of immersion, and then i noticed it was already in place. Well, on certain servers. When you start playing without 3rd person, it's like having an annoying, unscratchable itch, but the sensation goes away surprisingly quickly.

Considering how hardcore people want this game to be, i can't really understand the negativity towards the concept. Everything is scarier in first person. Looking over your shoulder when you hear a noise, turning corners, the disorientation when you've incidentally aggroed a handful of zombies...Can't see shit when proned? Go outside, lay down in the tall grass and check your field of view. If you see dead people, smoke a doobie.

But, yeah, seriously switch off headbob.

I really like 3rd person view in this game. Usually it is the only way I play.

Sometimes because you are looking at a three dimensional space on a two dimensional screen, situational awareness can suffer. I know that for some immersion is lost in 3rd person view. But you don't have to use it.

KEEP IT!

I really like 3rd person view in this game. Usually it is the only way I play.

Sometimes because you are looking at a three dimensional space on a two dimensional screen' date=' situational awareness can suffer. I know that for some immersion is lost in 3rd person view. But you don't have to use it.

KEEP IT!

[/quote']

I completely agree that 1st person in computer games doesn't accurately represent having a pair of eyes, but it's a lot closer than being the puppetmaster of some generic dude with a backpack.

Habit is a bitch worth challenging. I just wish people would try it for an extended period.

Or, you know, be forced to do it. It's an alpha, right? Shouldn't be hard to revert if necessary for the greater good.

I switch between FP for shooting, observing and 3P for anything else. Both are fine, both are useful for different situations and both have their justification.